Im of albanian origin and got I*1

I.W., of course the 67 marker test will provide more info. than the 37. However I don't think it's worth the time or expense. A more useful result would be your SNP orientation. I'm curious to see what SNP's you test for with your heritage. Very interesting!

Last edited:
I dont think u understand the complex situation in Balkan. Ever since the slaves came to Balkan we have been in war with them. The hatred between serbs/slaves and albanians/illyrians are probably the deepest in the world. On recent years i dont know any marrage between serbs and albanians. Well i know one case but that was many years ago and it was in Croatia and didnt end up well either for the serb or the albanian since the father of the albanian girl did what he had to do and killd them both. In many eyes he is a legend. But this is OT.

Like i said, mingle between albanians and slaves in Kosovo is almost non-existent.

No dude, we were not. There has never been recorded a battle between us. We were all Christians back then. And before that, well, you're asserting that you Albanians came to Balkans before slaves ?! :confused:
Anyway all that talk is absurd because there were surely no Albanians back then. Todays Albanians are approximately:

R1b ...18%
R1a .....9 %
I ........22%
E ........25 %
J ........24 %

The hatred rose in the last two centuries since the fall of the Turkish Empire and rise of the nations. When the Turkish cloud cleared some of the Balkans remained Muslim, and other Orthodox, and that's when the tensions started. Serbs are very sensitive on Islam because of the issues they had with the Ottoman empire, and Muslim Albanians are very aggressive in the romantic nationalism.

In fact I've heard numerous testimonies of old Albanian and Serb families being in very good relations even now.

Can someone shedd some light on this. I just have some basic knowledge and wondering what you guys think about that an albanian got I*1.

On my mothers side i got U5a1 but with some further investigation on jameslick website i got it to be a U5a1a2a thought im not sure whats the difference.
You act like you caught a disease :).

Being a geography buff and major in college and having great interest in Germanic tribes, I'd say it's association with Constantinople to the south, that it came with the raids beginning in 461 AD by Germanic Ostrogoth and Visigoth tribes and just before the Huns and Eurasian Avars invaded.

Can someone shedd some light on this. I just have some basic knowledge and wondering what you guys think about that an albanian got I*1.

On my mothers side i got U5a1 but with some further investigation on jameslick website i got it to be a U5a1a2a thought im not sure whats the difference.
I am Serbian (that's how I identify). My father has the same mtDNA haplogroup as you. It is Slavic haplogrpup. It's nothing to be ashamed of.
It's absolutely NOT true that Slavic/Serbs and Albaninas don't mix. Although both my father's yDNA and mtDNA are Slavic, he has Albanian ancestors. It the area where he was born (Rasina and Toplica), in the begining of 19th century, many people from Montenegro and nortern Albania came. They all mixed together (Serbs, Montenegrins, and Albanians) and live peacefully and happily. Many famous Serbian people of Albanian origin come from this area.
Regarding hate, I suggest that you look yourself in the mirror. You might find hate there...just saying...

This thread has been viewed 17425 times.

Back