Map of Germanic paternal lineages

I wonder why there is so much of Germanic Y-DNA in areas (red borders below) from which Germans were expelled after WW2:
Might have been much higher prior? Early anthropologists classified both England and Latvia as 60% Germanic. So Maciamo's map should match Gunther's map, which it mostly does.

Rassenkarte_von_Europa.jpg

Expelled.png

It's possible Stalin sent a lot of people who had been classified as "Nordic" and naturalized by the Nazis to Soviet concentration camps. Alternatively poor sample size is distorting the map. Especially I1 appears to be lacking in Latvia.

The Nazis may have been more thorough in their measurements than Gunther, most information has likely been destroyed but some is still available on Wikipedia under Generalplan Ost.

It also appears that Gunther did not classify the R1a in Norway as Germanic and remarked on the presence of an East-European population in Western Norway.

Might have been much higher prior? Early anthropologists classified both England and Latvia as 60% Germanic. So Maciamo's map should match Gunther's map, which it mostly does.

Rassenkarte_von_Europa.jpg

Looks more like the Germans who made that map considered England to be roughly equal parts "Nordic" (red) and "Mediterranean" (blue).

Looks more like the Germans who made that map considered England to be roughly equal parts "Nordic" (red) and "Mediterranean" (blue).

But that is correct. British and Irish people do have quite a lot of Atlantic or Mediterranean admixture. In fact this map is surprisingly accurate for something done in 1922, well before genetics existed.

I have now updated the Latium frequencies on all the Y-DNA maps. Here is the one about Germanic lineages.

Germanic_Europe.gif

It lacks the hotspots of Catania (U106) and Cosenza (M223).

I have now updated the Latium frequencies on all the Y-DNA maps. Here is the one about Germanic lineages.

Germanic_Europe.gif

Ok thanks.

Few tips for you.

1. There is a 6% of M223 in Cosenza, so Northern-Central Calabria should be in the 5-10% range.

2. Molise should be in in the 30-40% range. This is from your own page.

"The DNA samples from Campobasso in Molise and Benevento in Campania can give a good idea of what proportion of each Germanic haplogroup the Lombards carried."

" Among the Germanic haplogroups identified in Campobasso by Boattini et al. (2013) there were 16% of I1, 10.5% of R1b-U106 and 3.5% of I2a2a. "

http://www.eupedia.com/genetics/italian_dna.shtml

This is Molise.

2000px-Molise_in_Italy.svg.png

Ok thanks.

Few tips for you.

1. There is a 6% of M223 in Cosenza, so Northern-Central Calabria should be in the 5-10% range.

2. Molise should be in in the 30-40% range. This is from your own page.

"The DNA samples from Campobasso in Molise and Benevento in Campania can give a good idea of what proportion of each Germanic haplogroup the Lombards carried."

" Among the Germanic haplogroups identified in Campobasso by Boattini et al. (2013) there were 16% of I1, 10.5% of R1b-U106 and 3.5% of I2a2a. "

Boattini 2013 is not the only study with data for Molise. The average for I1 + I2-M223 + R1b-S21 is just under 30% for Molise.

What data did you use for Cosenza ? Boattini 2013 has 0% of I2 for Cosenza+Crotone. My average for all studies on Calabria has only 0.5% of I2-M223 in Calabria.

Maciamo these sources are in Sarno et al.Cosenza has 6% of I-M223, Catania 12% of U106 and other 2% of I-M223 as well.

But that is correct. British and Irish people do have quite a lot of Atlantic or Mediterranean admixture. In fact this map is surprisingly accurate for something done in 1922, well before genetics existed.
Dinaric matches I2a. The Mediterranean race matches the combination of R1b-S11 and E1b1b. The Ostische / Alpine race matches R1b-S28 plus western R1a. These are peculiar combinations. N1, r1a-Z280, J1 and J2 appear to be fairly well matched. Could be that the Y chromosome influences the male skull shape as that was the primary thing they were measuring.

Based on Gunther's data we'd expect hot spots in Central Spain, Central Italy (confirmed), Yugoslavia, Kurdistan, and Russia.

Boattini 2013 is not the only study with data for Molise. The average for I1 + I2-M223 + R1b-S21 is just under 30% for Molise.

It's between 20 and 30% for Molise as whole, but Boattini et al found 30-40% of Germanic y-dna lineages in Campobasso alone, which is about 2 thirds of Molise.

molise.jpg

What data did you use for Cosenza ? Boattini 2013 has 0% of I2 for Cosenza+Crotone. My average for all studies on Calabria has only 0.5% of I2-M223 in Calabria.

Boattini et al have 37 samples from Cosenza/Crotone/Catanzaro, while Sarno et al. found 6% of M223 in Cosenza alone.

Calabria.jpg

Indeed, if you read British ethnographic and anthropological literature from even as far back as the 19th century you will see very similar conclusions. They considered British and Irish populations to be a composite of Mediterraneans and Nordics. They reached that conclusion purely from examining physical/skeletal/craniological traits.

So Maciamo when will you correct the map and upload it in your genetic section?

I remind you that this is also wrong, Catania and Campobasso should be in the 10-15% range for the U106.

Haplogroup-R1b-S21.gif

You are usually very quick at making maps of Phoenician and African admixtures in Southern Europeans, but when it comes to other stuff it takes months for you to do it....

Last edited:
So Maciamo when will you correct the map and upload it in your genetic section?
I remind you that you that this is also wrong, Catania should be in the 10-15% range for the U106.

You are usually very quick at making maps of Phoenician and African admixtures among Southern Europeans, but when it comes to other stuff it makes months for you to do it....
are you ok? do you need a tissue ?

LMFAO

So Maciamo do you have seen my link?which subclades of I are Germanic and which aren't?
I1M253 germanic or not?I1a-L22?Ii2-P215 as well?If you summarize that with U106 Ragusa-Siracusa has 11,1% of Germanic dna as well.

So Maciamo do you have seen my link?which subclades of I are Germanic and which aren't?
I1M253 germanic or not?I1a-L22?Ii2-P215 as well?If you summarize that with U106 Ragusa-Siracusa has 11,1% of Germanic dna as well.

Hahahah good point.

Also there is some R1a in Italy which could be of Germanic origin, but those maps ignore that.

This thread has been viewed 129112 times.

Back