Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Hairarmy View Post
    I tested E-V13 with 23&Me so I was directed to Family Tree DNA and did the Y-67 which stated I was E-M35. I can trace my Ancestors to 1410 England and stop there. I signed up for a couple of groups on FTDNA. I understand the general theory is my immediate Ancestors would then b descendants of the Roman Army, specifically Thracian's out of he Balkan's almost 2,000 years ago?
    If you did Ftdna Y-67 you should know more than E-M35, of which EV13 is a clade of. You need to check which clade of EV13 before saying whether it would have been illyrian or whatever, etc.
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 38.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    If you did Ftdna Y-67 you should know more than E-M35, of which EV13 is a clade of. You need to check which clade of EV13 before saying whether it would have been illyrian or whatever, etc.
    Or he is a basal EV-13.

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E M35/ E-V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W1

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

I am new here and to the FT Y-67 test. I am not sure how to read it byt am told by an administrator that the V13 is a subclad of M35. I know the Surname is Goode and goes back to 1410 Southern England to a Sir William Goode in Whitby. I have read thru this thread and it makes sense that my line would have came to be with the Roman Army. what am I looking for???

1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

I am new here and to the FT Y-67 test. I am not sure how to read it byt am told by an administrator that the V13 is a subclad of M35. I know the Surname is Goode and goes back to 1410 Southern England to a Sir William Goode in Whitby. I have read thru this thread and it makes sense that my line would have came to be with the Roman Army. what am I looking for???
    In the EM35 project you are there under EV13 - Ungrouped. This means you share the same paternal ancestor with anybody else that is EV13 within the last ~4800 years but that they haven't been able to determine your sublcade as of yet.

There is the option of doing a Big Y test to find deeper resolution so that you can figure out with more precision what your clade is.

If its an older clade of EV13 it might not be Roman related but rather celtic. If it dates to Roman times then its probably with Romans.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults

31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E M35/ E-V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W1

Ethnic group
    Caucasian

Thank you for your time and assistance I have tested on 3 sites and all are slightly different results but consistent with West Central Europe and British Isle and the Celtic connection is heavy as alot of my Ancesters can from there Scotland, Ireland, England, Germany, Netherlands to Switzerland on one leg. I did the GEDMatch and it pointed to the Balkans to the Middle East. the information is a bit much

1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Thank you for your time and assistance I have tested on 3 sites and all are slightly different results but consistent with West Central Europe and British Isle and the Celtic connection is heavy as alot of my Ancesters can from there Scotland, Ireland, England, Germany, Netherlands to Switzerland on one leg. I did the GEDMatch and it pointed to the Balkans to the Middle East. the information is a bit much

Its unlikely Gedmatch can pick up on something like that after 2000 years.

If you wish to know whether your EV13 is pre-roman celtic lineage or Illyrian/or Thracian roman lineage, you should contact the Ftdna adminstrator and ask which upgrade you would need on your Y-test. Then you would know within a more recent time frame who you share ancestor with. Best of luck.

Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%

ahahah interesting however

Level
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%

I have EV13

500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY14160
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2p

If anyone is E-V13, please consider a Big Y from the start. I did things the hard/expensive way by doing a Y-111, then an E-V13 pack, then Big -Y 500 then finally the Y700 upgrade.

I know it is expensive, maybe wait for a sale or something. I would personally like to see more E-V13's tested. :)

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 294

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13
    MtDNA haplogroup
    V10

I'm E-V13, am English born, can trace my male line back to a marriage in 1673 (but no prior birth record), ancestors have always lived in Derbyshire, and we have an Anglo Saxon/Scandinavian surname (Jepson/Jepsen).

My autosomal spread (courtesy LivingDNA) is as follows
    Europe 100%:
    Great Britain and Ireland 82.6%
    Europe (North and West) 12.1%
    Europe (South) 5.3%

...so to my mind, my ancestors migrated here from Germany/Denmark rather than Macedonia or Thrace making me likely a Celt (not quite far enough north to be a Brigantes) rather than a Roman Legionnaire - different sides of the war!

However, I do wonder if there is a possibility my x-grandfather arrived here in the relatively more recent past considering how the records lose all references to my surname, ok, that maybe due to lack of/destroyed records during the 1642-1651 Civil War but anybody now of any foreign fighters in the English Civil War for example.

500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY14160
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2p

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I'm E-V13, am English born, can trace my male line back to a marriage in 1673 (but no prior birth record), ancestors have always lived in Derbyshire, and we have an Anglo Saxon/Scandinavian surname (Jepson/Jepsen).

Europe 100%:
    Europe (South) 5.3%

...so to my mind, my ancestors migrated here from Germany/Denmark rather than Macedonia or Thrace making me likely a Celt (not quite far enough north to be a Brigantes) rather than a Roman Legionnaire - different sides of the war!

However, I do wonder if there is a possibility my x-grandfather arrived here in the relatively more recent past considering how the records lose all references to my surname, ok, that maybe due to lack of/destroyed records during the 1642-1651 Civil War but anybody now of any foreign fighters in the English Civil War for example.
    E-V13 formed about 8000 years ago, and TMRCA is about 4800 years ago so this is well before Germany or Denmark existed. its likely that your ancestor came through that area en-route to where you are now but its been pretty well established that the haplogroup is most likely from the Balkan area

1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post

Europe 100%:
    Europe (South) 5.3%

Hi English MONGREL! If really interested where your ancestors might have originated you have to do get a more expanded clade analysis, not just E v13. (of course for some extra money)! Let say in my case after deep clade result I found out that members of my clade were in Düsseldorf Germany, Denmark, and even some in England. And out of 1000 strong Albanian sample only one was in Albania . So the conclusion was that my distant origin was from North, who knows in what circumstances they ended up in Balkans. If you do the same thing there is extensive deep clade data on line about EV13 to pinpoint your possible origin

Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98

Interesting as I assume we have the same last name (most common in Ireland) and I come out as e-v13 per 23andme. Family traces back to Kildare in 1820.

Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Juttingjute View Post
    Hello all,

I am a newbie here. My fathers family is from Donegal, Ireland, and I believe we are V-13. Our surname is considered the most common Irish name in Ireland. Most of my Irish friends are R1b, so it was interesting we came up with this Haplogroup or Haplotype.
    My post above was in response to this one.

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10

I'm trying to trace my wife's Smith ancestors. The earliest is Lewis Morrison Smith b. 1810 Missouri. From a descendant who took the FTDNA yDNA test, the haplotype is E-M35. The results are posted in the Smith DNA Project but there are no matches in spite of numerous E-35 individuals. I don't see your family so I'm hoping that you haven't submitted results to that project.
    The markers are: 13 25 13 11 16-18 11 12 12 14 10 32 15 9-9 11 11 26 14 20 33 16-16-17-17 9 10 19-21 16 12 17 18 31-32 11 10
    Are you a match? Here's hoping you are
    Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123