Europe's genetic ancestors: Cro Magnon, mid eastern farmers, Indo Euro warriors

It cannot work, being conquered and early allies in the steppe would mean these subclades would have also have equally spread to places like spain if we go with the steppe theory. This isnt factual, r1b is super strong in Western Europe with nonexistant/irrelevant and probably recent r1a to boot whereas v13, j2a etc are strong in South Europe in differing regions. This smells of a separation not a unified movement
For me, either r1b started in Spain and spread out killing off/outnumbering i2 and g until they hit a brick wall in i1 North Europe, j2a Greeks, v13 etc South Europeans and also r1a in steppe
OR
R1b came out of steppe for some reason without any r1a input, managed to push i1 out the way moving them further north to proceed west killing/outnumbering i2 and G but hitting a brick wall in South Europe which had tribes of peoples who came from West Asia

You answered it yourself, these are internal steppe people's divisions. That's why you have R1b in the West, I1 in the North, E-V13 South East, R1a East and so on. E-V13 did barely survive but made it back from its refuge, most likely in the Northern Carpathians. Compare: https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/30814-Where-did-E-V13-originate/page18?p=614316#post614316

You answered it yourself, these are internal steppe people's divisions. That's why you have R1b in the West, I1 in the North, E-V13 South East, R1a East and so on. E-V13 did barely survive but made it back from its refuge, most likely in the Northern Carpathians. Compare: https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/30814-Where-did-E-V13-originate/page18?p=614316#post614316

So v-13 survived within a steppe society yet somehow also kept itself separate before spreading across South Europe? I find that odd, though r1b Z2103 may have a say in this it doesn't explain the complete lack z2013 across western europe, so this r1b must have split very early on and took no part in the early western europe expansions

I truly believe that people were split, there wasn't unifications of this sort as you can see with pure r1b moving across western Europe without any r1a or anything else alongside - unifications happened later which is why I question the current r1b theories

Did r1b expand into Europe first or was it i1/i2? Because there has to be an answer, it CANNOT be a unified expansion. R1b is super strong in Western Europe and you can clearly see a division between r1b and i1 (i2 along with G was pretty much wiped out/outnumbered by r1b)

So we need to know if r1b was in europe BEFORE i1 or after i1, if before it means i1 cleaned out r1b in North Eastern Europe and made that their home. If r1b came after i1 (correct answer) then how the hell did it spread all the way to Portugal from the steppe uncontested by i1 along the way?

In terms of v13, j2a etc are you claiming that these came after r1b into South Europe? This would include others such as j2b l283, r1a z93 etc. If that is the case how is it r1b z2103 is also strong in South Europe yet non existant in Western Europe? R1b z2103 has nothing to do with with Western Europe so likely allies to this clade are found in South Europe

Ultimately I don't think we have enough ancient dna yet to decide what happened in ancient europe and who originated where

In terms of v13, j2a etc are you claiming that these came after r1b into South Europe?

Well, actually there was forth and back, because we have hunter gatherers which were R1b in South Eastern Europe, they were replaced by G2 and E-V13, then came the steppe people and replaced these, but just not everywhere, and from one surviving clan, a new E-V13 steppe group emerged - not necessarily exclusively, but as a major component, which again replaced or better reduced R1b in parts of the Balkans. Don't forget, many of these expansions are based on successful clans spreading their scions. This can overturn things in a couple of generations, if there is the leverage, like I suggested there was, in the North Carpathian zone at the LBA-EIA.

In my opinion i1 or early i2a people carried blue eyes and r1b people received it from these, you will find this to be true when you look at blue eye frequency across the globe - where there was more i1/i2a there is more blue eyes, whereas this doesn't work for r1b

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25885519

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 44181 times.

Back