Reaction score
Ethnic group
Down Under
Y-DNA haplogroup
T1a2 - Z19945
mtDNA haplogroup
K1a4o
Last edited:
I think we cannot do too much theories based on so light percentages: hazard is at play ...
I had hard time trying to read the table you gave us (thanks, by the way)
are this percentages of this SNP global absolute percentage or percentage within Y-G?
good sunday

MOESAN;412870 are this percentages of this SNP global absolute percentage or percentage within Y-G? good sunday[/QUOTE said:
I answer myself: MOESAN, you are stupid: the two kinds of pêrcentages were present on the table!
sorry - you have all of you three minuts to laugh at me!

I answer myself: MOESAN, you are stupid: the two kinds of pêrcentages were present on the table!
sorry - you have all of you three minuts to laugh at me!

735.gif

some thoughts (bets)
Y-G2-L91 seems of neolithical origin, arrived by sea (Mediterranea)
the large distribution of the "cousins" and ascendants of Y-G2-L497 seems checking wide european movements at some stage of History - Alani, Sarmatians??? an other neolithical branch of Anatolian-Caucasus farmers through the Danau river???
I would be glad if I had a complete deep analysis of Y-G2 in all Europe regions...
we know neolithic people reached the central Europe mountains (Alps) by two fluvial ways: Rhone and Danau... (some new phenotypes appeared in these regions at Neolithic time (Danubian + Cardial and then Chassey culture)

I don't say Y-G2-L497 is not born in central Alps - I say its not too ancient ancestors (upstreamSNPs) can have covered a broad landscape before its birth - a "babyboom" there at some time?
I forgot also the Etruscans, because the far upstream Y-G2-L30 had presence in eastern Mediterranea too...

uneasy for now!

some thoughts (bets)
Y-G2-L91 seems of neolithical origin, arrived by sea (Mediterranea)
the large distribution of the "cousins" and ascendants of Y-G2-L497 seems checking wide european movements at some stage of History - Alani, Sarmatians??? an other neolithical branch of Anatolian-Caucasus farmers through the Danau river???
I would be glad if I had a complete deep analysis of Y-G2 in all Europe regions...
we know neolithic people reached the central Europe mountains (Alps) by two fluvial ways: Rhone and Danau... (some new phenotypes appeared in these regions at Neolithic time (Danubian + Cardial and then Chassey culture)

this might help you, its only 1 year old

http://dienekes.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/major-new-paper-on-y-chromosome.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

as stated above, the census is that it was created in the alps
I know the clad is ancient. I was just thinking that it could have hitchhike recently with some tribes. If they are sure that it started in Alps then Goth scenario is invalid.
On second thought its movement looks more ancient, and is mostly located in coastal areas. Marker of sea travelers?

Did Venetians traveled to Scandinavia, or Vikings to Venice?

I know the clad is ancient. I was just thinking that it could have hitchhike recently with some tribes. If they are sure that it started in Alps then Goth scenario is invalid.
On second thought its movement looks more ancient, and is mostly located in coastal areas. Marker of sea travelers?

Did Venetians traveled to Scandinavia, or Vikings to Venice?

I agree its mostly sea travel as well as to moldovia via the danube.

Only venetians I know that travelled to Scandinavia, iceland , faroe islands etc was the ZEN brothers, Nicolo and Antonio, who where there IIRC in the 14th Century...........Book, Venetian Navigators by Andra Di Robilant ( part of BBC collection ). Other is the similar cuisine in Cod dishes and Horse meat dishes shared by Venetians and Norwegians.

But as per link below ( part 2 link) it was discovered that melted bronze slabs ( metal ) was shipped to norway and sweden in the bronze age on a regular basis. major smelting areas for trade was from Tyrol and southern Spain to scandinavia.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0305440313002689

So, traders where already trading and communicating nearly 4000 years ago.

http://dienekes.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/origin-of-copper-ores-of-nordic-bronze.html

thanks for the link (but the maps are hard to interprete)
have a good week-end!

This thread has been viewed 11690 times.

Back