Do you think that smart society of the future (by Eugenics) will be more atheist?

It's certainly true in the U.S. My children attended a high achieving public school in an upper middle class suburban neighborhood. Off hand, I can't remember a single child who didn't attend religious services of some sort, even if it was just the Unitarian Church, which barely qualifies as a religion, imo. That doesn't count all the children who go to private Catholic or Jewish or Lutheran or whatever schools. In the south Evangelical schools are big. Virtually all of them had first communions, confirmations, bat and bar mitzvahs etc.

Even people whom I know are not actual believers themselves sent their children for religious instruction in preparation for these rites even if it was only an hour a week. That's not to mention all the Cafeteria Catholics, or Catholics who pick and choose their beliefs.

I'm sure it's different in college towns and parts of Manhattan, maybe some New Agey California places.

Even weekly church attendance is high, although declining. It was really high decades ago when we first came to this country. My mother was stunned by the pews full of father, mother, and not one child or maybe two, but three, four, or more, especially if they were Irish. In Italy, men stopped going to Mass regularly once they were confirmed.

Is this really true though? In Canada?
I should have said spiritual, as most people believe in supernatural. On top of it, this statistics was done in states, which is more religious than Canada.

I will strictly answer to the title of the thread.
-Do- you- think- that- smart- society -of-the- future- (by Eugenics) -will- be-- more- Atheist?

No, Because... we will be Gods. How the damn hell we will be Atheists
With the same humanitarian way we are humans? -Maybe.
but with more fun...
:rolleyes:

Our Wars will be like the Class of the Titans... we will end at the dirt, and the cockroaches will sing lyrics for a lost paradise... Isn't that an epic dimension post modern paramythology?

so
IF, Theos/Θεός= eng.View as sight, scenery, outlook, visibility, ken, `knowledgε.
and view is
I)- the ability to see something or to be seen from a particular place.
2)-a particular way of considering or regarding something; an attitude or opinion.
3)-look at or inspect (something).
4)-regard in a particular light or with a particular attitude.

Is it good to live with nothing of the above?
How we gonna live;
- as sponges deep into the sea of "sterile" informations (dramatic mood -ha!)

What which possibly would we mean our word "Atheists" ? That some people do not do all the above.?
What we mean Eugenics? - My dad has a big fat wallet and will make me healthy, beautifull, and longlive if not immortal...? yes the profoundly logic -Smart dad provides the best for ... Whom?
or
We are gonna say that : We just trying to make the Humanity or our World better... for that ones with the wallets;
Because Eugenics as you well imagine are not afordable for all of us/you/them.
or we mean;
That we are gonna create the new generations into the ambules of laboratories with money of our states/goverments and sperm from one individual; -Because if there are two, we are speaking about different qualities maybe also for another price; so someone of them is probably better beetween them? Are they both compatible for sustain and stable future? -I will ask.

Enough with fun
Here in my place we say that: When a man plans, God laughs.

The finest science is the science of Logic that will transform humans, and as humans we have the abillity to make new gods- if we dont like the old ones. -We have to be reasonable and creative.
(Creative I mean analytical, synthetical, orthodox and catholical and i dont mean the religions I mean the guallities of thinking process)

Εν αρχή ήν ο λόγος.

What which possibly would we mean our word "Atheists" ? That some people do not do all the above.?
What we mean Eugenics? - My dad has a big fat wallet and will make me healthy, beautifull, and longlive if not immortal...? yes the profoundly logic -Smart dad provides the best for ... Whom?
or
We are gonna say that : We just trying to make the Humanity or our World better... for that ones with the wallets;
One of main things about technology is that it makes things inexpensive. Years back cars, phones, vacation or air flights where only for rich. Now, thanks to huge advances in technology, everybody has a car, cellphone and can fly to vacation destination around the globe. Heck, and it is just a 100 years after invasion of these things. Now imagine how cheap these things will be in another 100 or 1000 years, together with genetic engineering.

Can you answer this question? When genetic engineering will be afforded by all people and perfected to be safe. Wouldn't you want your children to be beautiful, smart, healthy and living long lives? All it takes is to go to the clinic give your DNA and your spouse DNA and with some alteration make a perfect human being. Or you will still try the old fashion procreation technic, pray to god, and hope for the best?

One of main things about technology is that it makes things inexpensive. Years back cars, phones, vacation or air flights where only for rich. Now, thanks to huge advances in technology, everybody has a car, cellphone and can fly to vacation destination around the globe. Heck, and it is just a 100 years after invasion of these things. Now imagine how cheap these things will be in another 100 or 1000 years, together with genetic engineering.

Can you answer this question? When genetic engineering will be afforded by all people and perfected to be safe. Wouldn't you want your children to be beautiful, smart, healthy and living long lives? All it takes is to go to the clinic give your DNA and your spouse DNA and with some alteration make a perfect human being. Or you will still try the old fashion procreation technic, pray to god, and hope for the best?

And I will answer for you,
I can rudiculise and discredit myself in public, to take my pants off in the middle of a sunday church for the love of our Lord...

You know our difference -if that is the right word to say, i wish not, but cant find better at the moment-, is that when
you say: "Tomorrow, I will fly my kite to the sky with the winds."
I say: "Tommorow, if the winds wish, we will fly ours kite."

you ask me and you begin saying:
"-When genetic engineering will be afforded by all people and perfected to be safe..."
and I say:
When jesus feed the people with two breads and five fishes.... and give them also the immortal life...

Isn;t that the best price to buy... (~25 to 35Eu) and not to spend money for hundred years possibly more of sick life... with sciences and magic pills for all the diseases...
(craps)
When i will be president a week for holidays to Mars for all the families.... and that;s my word for that.

Beautifull people are many but can we see them?

That with the DNA is interesting enough, but we dont have to bother.
Keanu Reeves is the absolut stallion we have little Buddha, little Matrix, divinal composition...

Lets land our planes now.

Nice points @Le brok who could disagree; (If not the Logic itself)

These days I am very busy, but my love for you, could not stop me... I will find time to "make love with you" and I mean spiritual -Platonic love, the finest one. With no precautions the specifigue one. (no taboos, free speech, the greek way)

Technology is a nice thing, how else casn it be; There is a "logy" inside, from -Λόγος and if you agree we can use a supplementary term to desribe it as: "Handcrafted-tangible;- logical sequences"? you are open minded person Le brok and that means it is not difficult for you to follow my lines... (no matter how craps they are- Are they?) Do it and you will no regreat, Do you agree? (only for the discussion, for the "sake of argument" as usually our host @Maciamo succesfully refers...)

-so, If you agree...

Knife is a prime example of it (of technology)... but instictively we know that mostly what matter is -which one is holding it and with what purpose-. (there is no reason to elaborate it, you allraedy realise what i mean...) That knife, the "Tooth" of the jungle boy, could reveal who is the brave but also who is the coward, let me to say simple,- who is the good one and who is the bad. etc etc. That is a simplistic approach like those of highschool kids, which suddenly realise one night that something went wrong with their interpretations about what could probably life is, but these are not for us , because we are still pre school infants in terms of spirituality ( Dont worry the others are frog embryos there is alot of time before they born, and very far before they become princes.)
So,
Lets put it simple for all of us.
From a "spiritual" perspective, as for a technical also
Technology = ability, possibility, opportunity, capability, potentiality
and all the above what -element- mostly reguire to express their properties? -Thats easy isnt it;
Lets to name it Power; just to move it little further, to put in action as we could say (-power switch;... electricity;... money,... beauty for F. Dostoyevsky,... guns for A. Hitler;)

Answer me, you now:
Who, is holding the Power and if you do, be sure there is no answer thatcannot be answered! Like Archimedes once said something like "Give a stable place and i will move the World".
( My people by the way somerimes call me "o Archidees.")

Serious now if i am not off topic and not tired you, I can elaborate -for you- a very critical issue which can be setted as
The price of the value, (are we ready?)
and using your addresed samples according to your previous post (telephones, planes, super wow tecnologies and super wow people) -only if you wish.
Please read me carefully because I read you -years now- carefully.
Know me now, because I know you better... long ago.

IF (that great IF) you wish quote me I will answer every post in time...
You and Yetos@ you are the best guys here for different reasons- At least for me. (who cares for the others, -rhetorically!)

Wait for a week, read me well, think it well, I am here for you.
about Atheism i recently expose my opinion here:
(I will give you the keys from my house, I will I wait you at the airport come with planes and kites, come with teletransportation, come with whatever you wish. I will give my one ball to science to play table tennis if it is the right thing to do.)
Correct me. (thats spiritual interaction isn't it?)
To help, is Ευγενικό, a chivalry action.

Interesting thought. I am not a philanthropist or philosopher

I believe it only get stronger, and atheist group will be a minor community.

It is true that some discoveries in the scientific world has rewrote fundamental belief in religions.

When scientific discoveries goes further deep, people will have strong feeling to resist the change.

This thread has been viewed 42034 times.

Back