Do you prefer Y-DNA maps with or withour country borders ?

Do you prefer Y-DNA maps with or withour country borders ?

• Without borders

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • With borders

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Either way

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
It is because u are only 6 people. Albanians have more E-V13 then R1b-HT 35 and also do not forget J2b2. I2a is also big in Tosk especially:)
Where are we Ev-13 and J2b2 ? 23 and me ? Ancestry ? Genografic ? I have not idea..

Yaan this results are so old...

They are the only true results for Albanians, there is not such thing as old results, results can be old only if a bigger sample come, until big sample comes these are the results for Albanians :)

And they are notold see the years, most of the results for other people are the same. Bulgarians and Croats have big nice new samples, so does Italians, Belarus,Iran etc :) Hopefully one day Albania, Serbia and Greece will also have it will help us understand better. Also if u r involved in Family Tree, u guys should start inviting people u r just 6 people and there are maybe 30 or more tested Albanians, maybe send them e-mail so they join the project :)

Out of 52 tested Albanians from Italy:
3.85% have J-M530
5.75% have J-M92
7.69% have J-M67
this is 17.26% J2a

But there is especially research for Arbereshe. And someone can notice the lack of J haplogroup.

Arbereshe:

Adrian Fortescue
- The Uniate Eastern Churches (1923)
It is difficult to fix the exact date of the first arrival of the Albanian colonists in these parts.
The first date I have found for certain, so far, is 1448. In that year Alphonsus I of Aragon, in return for services rendered by Albanian soldiers in his pay against the French, granted them lands in Sicily with a certain measure of autonomy under their Captains George and Basil Reres.
In 1456 there was a great earthquake throughout Calabria and Apulia. After this the Neapolitan Government granted large districts of the country laid waste to Albanian colonists, in order that they might reclaim it.
When Scanderbeg had fought for Ferdinand I of Naples, he was rewarded by the grant of land at S Pietro in Galatina. He did not himself occupy his new estate; but his son and many of his countrymen came.
Other Albanians came in 1467 after Scanderbeg's death, many more during the Pontificate of Paul II (1468-1471); others, again, after the year 1478, when the Sultan finally subjected all Albania to his rule.
The town of Korone (Κορώνη) in the Peloponnesos had surrendered freely to the Venetians in 1204. Later many Albanians came to settle here (-Korone). In 1498 Bayazed II seized the town. In 1532 Charles II sent a fleet under Andrew Doria to retake it. The Christian Albanians rose against the Turks and helped the Imperial fleet. But soon after the Turks recaptured the place. Then, fearing their vengeance, the Albanians fled to Italy. There were more than 200 ships full of them; their bishop Benedict came too. So they arrived in the kingdom of Naples. The Government gave them grants of land and money. The Albanians of Korone spread throughout the kingdom. Some joined Greek refugees in the city of Naples, and there formed a community of the Byzantine rite; under Prince Thomas Palaiologos.

*These were the sons of Demetrio Reres. who had led the Albanian forces for Alphonsus. His diploma is printed by Rodota iii, 52-53.
The name Reres occurs constantly among the Albanians in Italy.

Boattini et al 2011 - Y-DNA Hg's
Within this genetic landscape, the Arbereshe are characterized by two peculiarities: (a) they are a clear outlier in the Italian genetic background, showing a strong genetic affinity with southern Balkans populations; and (b) they retain a high degree of genetic diversity.....These results support the hypothesis that the surname-chosen Arbereshe are representative of the Y-chromosome genetic variability of the Albanian founder population.
arbereshe.jpg

Well the research that I posted is also Arabeshe 52 of them, and they clearly have a lot of J2 and in the research that u posted there is no lack of J2 I see it quite clear :) How many they tested?

Well the research that I posted is also Arabeshe 52 of them, and they clearly have a lot of J2 and in the research that u posted there is no lack of J2 I see it quite clear :) How many they tested?

The member of forum put. The paper is:

Boattini A , D luisella , Sazzini M , A immigrate , Tagarelli G , D Pettener .
Linking Italy and the Balkans. A Y-chromosome perspective from the Arbereshe of Calabria.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20569043

Results:
The distributions of haplogroups (defined using 31 UEPs) and haplotypes (12 STRs) show that the Italian and Balkan populations are clearly divergent from each other. Within this genetic landscape, the Arbereshe are characterized by two peculiarities: (a) they are a clear outlier in the Italian genetic background, showing a strong genetic affinity with southern Balkans populations; and (b) they retain a high degree of genetic diversity.

They are the only true results for Albanians, there is not such thing as old results, results can be old only if a bigger sample come, until big sample comes these are the results for Albanians :)

There are two newer researches for Albanians:

Ferri et al. (2010), Y-STR variation in Albanian populations

This research demonstrates significant differences between Geg and Tosk Albanians.

Noveski et al. (2010), Y chromosome single nucleotide polymorphism typing by SNapShot minisequencing

This research demonstrates significant differences between Macedonians (from former Yugoslav republic) and Albanians (almost Gegs).

Tosk have 28% Ev 13 and I 25% , R1b 19 %,J 16 %
Gegs have 41 %Ev 13 and I 9%(?),R1b 21 %,J 23 %

hmmm..i find this not normal.. .(i am tosk and R1b)

Sounds really normal to me, what do u mean?

The I results..

Ferri tested a lot of Gypsies and said they are Albanians and it is not a good study, the good studies are the ones published in wikipedia.
For genetics is important how many people are tasted and they need to be not family and from different places, it is not important at all which year the research is from. Noveski is 111 FYROM Albanians, it is OK, but it shows what we all know E-V13, J2b2 and R1b-HT35 are the biggest and important groups in Albanians :)

Well what is strange I is seen in the Balkan. Serbs and Albanians need to learn that haplogorups do not belong to ethnicity, they are older then this u can be R1a Albanian and J2b2 Serb, it has nothing at all to do with modern nations :)

You find normal that half of population Albania hat 9%-I,and the other half 25 % -I ( the 2 haplogr.-3% from the 1. Ev 13 with 28%)? I see her 1 big genetic problem between tosk and gegs..

This thread has been viewed 23979 times.

Back