Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New map of R1b-ht35 (L23, L51, L11, Z2103)

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Arrow New map of R1b-ht35 (L23, L51, L11, Z2103)

Here is a new map showing the Proto-Indo-European R1b, as well Greek and Anatolian branches of Indo-European people, including the Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians and Armenians. The Trojans also probably belonged to this group. This branch of R1b is the first that emerged from the Pontic Steppe and therefore expanded from the Balkans and Carpathians. It includes R1b-L23/S141, its subclade L51/M412/S167, and its two subclades L11/S127/L151 (in central an northern Europe) and Z2103 (in Anatolia and Assyria). Altogether they are known as 'haplotype 35' (ht35), as opposed to the Western European 'haplotype 15', which comprises the Proto-Italo-Celtic P312/S116 and the Proto-Germanic U106/S21.

My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Here is a new map showing the Proto-Indo-European R1b, as well Greek and Anatolian branches of Indo-European people, including the Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians and Armenians. The Trojans also probably belonged to this group. This branch of R1b is the first that emerged from the Pontic Steppe and therefore expanded from the Balkans and Carpathians. It includes R1b-L23/S141, its subclade L51/M412/S167, and its two subclades L11/S127/L151 (in central an northern Europe) and Z2103 (in Anatolia and Assyria). Altogether they are known as 'haplotype 35' (ht35), as opposed to the Western European 'haplotype 15', which comprises the Proto-Italo-Celtic P312/S116 and the Proto-Germanic U106/S21.

Too late for Colchians? or not

- seems like some type of maritime people from the Black Sea.
    - The southern Italy, Peloponnese, albania fits with the Greek Corinthian settlements. Maybe carried along later with phoenicians ( but I see NO central and western North African numbers
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I hope it can unite Greeks and Albanians a bit. :)
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 206

If the higher frequency along the mediterranean coast can be attributed to the Greek colonies, then I think chances are high this haplogroup spread along the Danube, thinning in frequency in favour of it's derived groups upstream.

Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Sennevini View Post
    If the higher frequency along the mediterranean coast can be attributed to the Greek colonies, then I think chances are high this haplogroup spread along the Danube, thinning in frequency in favour of it's derived groups upstream.
    I agree
    without being sure, I think since a long enough time that 2 waves had entered Europe, one by South (Dardanelles: between Abatolia and Balkans) and one by North, and then north pontic region and Danau River - the difference with the present theory is that I thought the more northern branch took the eastern coasts of Caspian Sea rather than the Caucasus path...maybe was I wrong?

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 470

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1 L23/ R-L150
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    SHQIPTAR

Finally got to see this map, was very curious.

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16

Do you have a version of the map showing the distribution of R1B-L11*? I am having a very hard time finding studies which explicitely differentiate my haplotype from the great sub-clades downstream (U106 and P312). There is a facebook group run by Adrian Ballard consisting entirely of L11* members. If you have this clade feel free to join if you want to learn more about our individual genealogy.

OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 133

Irregular but widespread distribution.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by InukCanuck View Post
    Do you have a version of the map showing the distribution of R1B-L11*? I am having a very hard time finding studies which explicitely differentiate my haplotype from the great sub-clades downstream (U106 and P312). There is a facebook group run by Adrian Ballard consisting entirely of L11* members. If you have this clade feel free to join if you want to learn more about our individual genealogy.
    Hardly any Y-DNA studies to date have tested the L11 marker, which explains why there is so little data at the moment. In general if you don't see a map made for one particular subclade it is because there is no enough data. Even combining L23, L51 and L11 together it was very hard to find the necessary data.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Hardly any Y-DNA studies to date have tested the L11 marker, which explains why there is so little data at the moment. In general if you don't see a map made for one particular subclade it is because there is no enough data. Even combining L23, L51 and L11 together it was very hard to find the necessary data.
    this might help, it split L23 from L51 areas

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1RI...M1U/edit?pli=1

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Germanic-Slavic Hybrid

While correlation does not necessarily mean causation....

I see Stelae People.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 34

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21

Ethnic group
    Irish

Busby paper on M269 had data for the following:
    • M269
    • L51 (S167)
    • M269 (L11-) -- S127-
    • L11+ (S127)
    • L11+ (U106-, P312-) -- S127+ (S21-, S116-)

You could use that to provide some data points for L11*

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 154

Y-DNA haplogroup
    L705.2/L159.2/Z220
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H*

Here is a new map showing the Proto-Indo-European R1b, as well Greek and Anatolian branches of Indo-European people, including the Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians and Armenians. The Trojans also probably belonged to this group. This branch of R1b is the first that emerged from the Pontic Steppe and therefore expanded from the Balkans and Carpathians. It includes R1b-L23/S141, its subclade L51/M412/S167, and its two subclades L11/S127/L151 (in central an northern Europe) and Z2103 (in Anatolia and Assyria). Altogether they are known as 'haplotype 35' (ht35), as opposed to the Western European 'haplotype 15', which comprises the Proto-Italo-Celtic P312/S116 and the Proto-Germanic U106/S21
    Thanks for the map.

To what (which data) do you attribute the light frequency spot in Turkey right above Iraq? This looks like old Greater Armenia lands and we've found a lot of R1b-L23xL51 among Armenians.

Banned Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 28

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikewww View Post
    Thanks for the map.

To what (which data) do you attribute the light frequency spot in Turkey right above Iraq? This looks like old Greater Armenia lands and we've found a lot of R1b-L23xL51 among Armenians.
    The area you're talking about is NorthWest Kurdistan. Original land of the ancient Kurds (Sumerians, Mitanni etc.) and not Armenians. Kurdish ancestors like Sumerians who later became Mitanni (and proto-Iranic Mitanni became the Iranic Medes, direct ancestors of the Kurds) lived already there, before Armenian ethnicity existed. So, nothing 'Armenian' about this land..

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goga View Post
    The area you're talking about is NorthWest Kurdistan Original land of the ancient Kurds (Sumerians, Mitanni etc.) and not Armenians.
    Either there were Sumerians or Mitanni, or ancient Kurds. What is the date we can read Kurd name?
    Your statement doesn't make sense. There were no Kurds back then, no Kurdish culture either, and no Kurds name. There might be some continuity from Mitanni and Sumerians to Kruds, but let's stress "some". Exactly by same logic there might be some continuity from Sumerians to Armenians, and let's stick with "some".
    Mitanni (and proto-Iranic Mitanni became the Iranic Medes, direct ancestors of the Kurds) lived already there, before Armenian ethnicity existed.
    And before Kurdish ethnicity existed, right?

Get off your Kurdish horse and try being objective for a change. Give other ethnicities some room to live too, because for the rest of us being Kurd is no more special that being Armenian.

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Yeah, I do agree with you that all ethnicities around South Caucasus have some degree of Sumerian DNA in them, since there's lots of J2a in that region. So, of course Kurds and Armenians share some (J2a) ancestors. Most folks in West Asia have Kurdish DNA.

According to me Sumerians belonged for a very important part to hg. J2a and probably R1a. Sumerians lived before Mitanni. So after Sumerians stopped calling themselves Sumerians they became known as Mitanni. I believe that Mitanni also belonged for a very important part to hg. J2a and R1a. Like Sumerians, also Mitanni were SUN worshipers. The Medes came later, right after the (ethnic) name of Mitanni vanished from Kurdistan. The first person that called himself a 'Mede' was born in the same area where the last Mitanni was disappeared (extinct). The Mitanni passed their haplogroups to the Medes. Later in history the Medes gave birth to modern-day Kurds. And Kurds still have those hg. J2a and R1a-Z93 of the ancient Sumerians.
    There're many links between native Kurdish religions (Yezidism, Mithraism (Zoroastrians) etc.) and the religion of the Sumerians. All those people were/are the SUN 'worshippers'.
    Kurdish culture, tradition is Iranic. Kurdish language is modern Iranic language. So at the time of the Mitanni and the Medes, there was already a 'proto-Kurdish' culture/tradition and a 'proto-Kurdish' language.

The Sumerians in Kurdistan became Mitanni, the Mitanni became Medes, and the Medes became Kurds. At the time when Armenia became known in Europe by the Roman Empire, parts of Kurdistan (NorthEast Anatolia) and proto-Kurdish people were vassal regions of Armenia. But the majority of the citizens in those vassal states were Kurds.
    I believe that right after the name of the Medes disappeared from history their children became known as Kurds (KurManji = sons of Medes).

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    L705.2/L159.2/Z220
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H*

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewww
    The area you're talking about is NorthWest Kurdistan. Original land of the ancient Kurds (Sumerians, Mitanni etc.) and not Armenians. Kurdish ancestors like Sumerians who later became Mitanni (and proto-Iranic Mitanni became the Iranic Medes, direct ancestors of the Kurds) lived already there, before Armenian ethnicity existed. So, nothing 'Armenian' about this land..
    Sorry, I'm not trying to take land away from anyone. I was just looking at the map of the old Kingdom of Armenia which overlaps into the geo-cultural Kurdistan region (in different timeframes). There are other overlaps too.

Regardless, I still have the question - what is causing the lighter showing in the general vicinity of Eastern/Central Turkey on Maciamo's map?

Banned Achievements:

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV1b2

Sorry, I'm not trying to take land away from anyone. I was just looking at the map of the old Kingdom of Armenia which overlaps into the geo-cultural Kurdistan region (in different timeframes). There are other overlaps too.
    And I'm sorry for my overreaction.

Regardless, I still have the question - what is causing the lighter showing in the general vicinity of Eastern/Central Turkey on Maciamo's map?
    The relative high distribution of I2a & R1a (+ R2a) in North Kurdistan is pushing the average distribution of R1b down.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    L705.2/L159.2/Z220
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H*

The relative high distribution of I2a & R1a (+ R2a) in North Kurdistan is pushing the average distribution of R1b down.
    Thanks. What study are you looking at to see this data?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

The Cimmerians occupied cappodocia where this "spot " is, FROM anywhere between 700BC-600BC to later . They brought I2a1 into the area as this was their main marker.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimmerians#cite_note-2

http://www.v-stetsyuk.name/en/Scythian/Cimmer.html

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - Z2110
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H28a

Ethnic group
    Greek

Here is a new map showing the Proto-Indo-European R1b, as well Greek and Anatolian branches of Indo-European people, including the Hittites, Lydians, Phrygians and Armenians. The Trojans also probably belonged to this group.
    Is there any ancient y-dna data that confirms this?
    Which population brought ht35 to Greece? Was it the Mycenaeans, Arcadians, Ionians or the Dorians? Also, what about the Pelasgians? Little is known about them, and according to historians the Pelasgian population mixed with the subsequent waves of migrants, therefore it is hard to know who they were genetically. And if the Ionians or the Dorians brought R1b to Greece, then who brought J2? (which is carried by a huge part of the population, ancient and modern as indicated by its presence in most areas associated with ancient Greek colonisation).
    I am not questioning or doubting your statement, just thinking out loudly, as I have been wondering about this for some time.

Baron Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by kostop View Post
    Is there any ancient y-dna data that confirms this?
    Which population brought ht35 to Greece? Was it the Mycenaeans, Arcadians, Ionians or the Dorians? Also, what about the Pelasgians? Little is known about them, and according to historians the Pelasgian population mixed with the subsequent waves of migrants, therefore it is hard to know who they were genetically. And if the Ionians or the Dorians brought R1b to Greece, then who brought J2? (which is carried by a huge part of the population, ancient and modern as indicated by its presence in most areas associated with ancient Greek colonisation).
    I am not questioning or doubting your statement, just thinking out loudly, as I have been wondering about this for some time.
    Yes there are links to show. Under ten post count will not allow me to show links. If you like I can pm you. However the map should be updated especially the Eastern regions, like Mede proper where no R1b L51 has been found. It is important to make this distinction as it is a different branch altogether found also in Africa at various elevated frequencies unlike R1b Z2103. R1b Z2103 is found in: Ancient Mede proper/Ancient Assyrians /Ancient Greece proper including Lashitti plateau, and Aegean Islands / Ancient Anatolia/Armenia proper /Albania/ Bulgaria/Moldavia/Ukraine(also called Trans-Dniestr or Transdniestria region)/Komi/Ossetian, Digor/Bashkir/Northern Pakistan.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - Z2110
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H28a

Ethnic group
    Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Yes there are links to show. Under ten post count will not allow me to show links. If you like I can pm you. However the map should be updated especially the Eastern regions, like Mede proper where no R1b L51 has been found. It is important to make this distinction as it is a different branch altogether found also in Africa at various elevated frequencies unlike R1b Z2103. R1b Z2103 is found in: Ancient Mede proper/Ancient Assyrians /Ancient Greece proper including Lashitti plateau, and Aegean Islands / Ancient Anatolia/Armenia proper /Albania/ Bulgaria/Moldavia/Ukraine(also called Trans-Dniestr or Transdniestria region)/Komi/Ossetian, Digor/Bashkir/Northern Pakistan.
    That is very interesting. If you could pm the links it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Baron Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by kostop View Post
    That is very interesting. If you could pm the links it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Various studies have different size data sets. In order to see spikes you can compare multiple studies. For example.

Im not at 10 posts so it restricts me from posting links here is an example. Yes will p.m.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - Z2110
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H28a

Ethnic group
    Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Various studies have different size data sets. In order to see spikes you can compare multiple studies. For example.

Im not at 10 posts so it restricts me from posting links here is an example. Yes will p.m.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast