Famous J2 Individuals

Nice thread, i wish more famous people would test more and publish their results, it would advertise genetics among regular population even more.

Nice thread, i wish more famous people would test more and publish their results, it would advertise genetics among regular population even more.

Yes totally agree with you :)

French wikipedia page (https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_haplogroupes_des_personnes_historiquement_connueslists) lists these 4 people as belonging to J2.
Anybody know the source?
cde854e6415725caf1f28715c78f94b0.jpg

In the Eupedia article about the J-2 Haplogroup, it is mentioned that Sir John Field (~1520-1586), the astronomer, is in the subclade J2b-Z8429. John Field's haplogroup designation is a subject of question within the Field Project, and I am wondering what the basis for the subclade designation is here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubomirski

The Lubomirski Family in Poland belong to J2b L283, specifically PH1602 branch. Alexi and his dad Ladislas Lubomirski are close matches of mine. 5/67 markers. My paternal roots are in the Beskid Mountains in southern Poland.

Attachments

• 140FC84C-5279-4EAF-97B7-B725F458B474.jpg
    140FC84C-5279-4EAF-97B7-B725F458B474.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 192
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lubomirski

The Lubomirski Family in Poland belong to J2b L283, specifically PH1602 branch. Alexi and his dad Ladislas Lubomirski are close matches of mine. 5/67 markers. My paternal roots are in the Beskid Mountains in southern Poland.

I would never have guessed the son is Polish. The father, yes, but not the son. He looks like some of the men in my father's northern Italian family, or like Luke Perry in his prime. Handsome guy.

Sexy-Luke-Perry-Pictures.jpg

The Kovacs, on the other hand, look very Slavic to me.

thats because autosomal dna much more important than y haplogroups
in determine the phenotype :)
if hernan crespo and robert pires are indeed j2 that is very cool for j2 people (y)
real famous and talented footballers (y)

I would never have guessed the son is Polish. The father, yes, but not the son. He looks like some of the men in my father's northern Italian family, or like Luke Perry in his prime. Handsome guy.
Sexy-Luke-Perry-Pictures.jpg

The Kovacs, on the other hand, look very Slavic to me.
Agreed. I think Alexi’s mom is originally from Peru by way of Italy. His dad’s mother’s line is from Ireland. So I think he doesn’t have same amount of Slavic autosomal dna as my family. My Polish PH1602 line looks much more like the Kovacs. That’s my great grandfather in my profile pic. His line were Gorale (Mountain folk) from Carpathian Mountains. Never even heard of the name Lubomirski before (my family is all from Arizona, came to US on Polish side around 1900). I have a more distant match on PH1602 with a Ukrainian. There is a German book, written in only German, that claims the Lubomirski family descends from a Patrician family from Rome with name Aurelius of some sort. I don’t believe it because it’s an obscure entry in an old publication with no supporting evidence. Lubomirski family goes back to about 900s in Poland, but I can’t find any more historical accounts prior to that, so hopefully all this Y Dna testing will paint a clearer picture over time.

Last edited:
Agreed. I think Alexi’s mom is originally from Peru by way of Italy. His dad’s mother’s line is from Ireland. So I think he doesn’t have same amount of Slavic autosomal dna as my family. My Polish PH1602 line looks much more like the Kovacs. That’s my great grandfather in my profile pic. His line were Gorale (Mountain folk) from Carpathian Mountains. Never even heard of the name Lubomirski before (my family is all from Arizona, came to US on Polish side around 1900). I have a more distant match on PH1602 with a Ukrainian. There is a German book, written in only German, that claims the Lubomirski family descends from a Patrician family from Rome with name Aurelius of some sort. I don’t believe it because it’s an obscure entry in an old publication with no supporting evidence. Lubomirski family goes back to about 900s in Poland, but I can’t find any more historical accounts prior to that, so hopefully all this Y Dna testing will paint a clearer picture over time.

Your great-grandfather also has more of a Med look to him too. I remember seeing pictures of the Gorale people, and I don't think it's uncommon among them at all, although I'm sure you would know better.

Yes, "Alexi" has the look of some Southern Italian(Med)/Irish mixes that we have here, I think.

He was born in England to an English-Peruvian mother and a Polish-French father[4] and raised between England and Botswana with his mother.

He was born in England to an English-Peruvian mother and a Polish-French father[4] and raised between England and Botswana with his mother.

Ah well, that explains his looks. As I said, he didn't at all look Polish to me.

Here some notable J2b-L283s:

EVvJKdPWsAA7yMm

John Stamos (b. 1963), an actor, producer, musician, comedian and singer, famous for his roles as Blackie Parrish on the ABC television series General Hospital, and Jesse Katsopolis in the sitcoms Full House and its sequel Fuller House, and in Grandfathered. A cousin of his tested his Y-DNA and belongs to J2b2a-Z631.

220px-John_Stamos_at_PaleyFest_2013.jpg

Justin Bieber's genealogy traces back to Hirschland in Alsace. Several Biebers from Alsace are mentioned as J-M172 on the Beavers/Biwer DNA Project, although no direct ancestors of Justin Bieber are included.

Justin Bieber's genealogy traces back to Hirschland in Alsace. Several Biebers from Alsace are mentioned as J-M172 on the Beavers/Biwer DNA Project, although no direct ancestors of Justin Bieber are included.

Interesting. I see that haplotype is more specifically J2b-L283>YP91*

From what I've seen, his paternal line has been traced to Phillipe Bieber (born 1856) Zilling, Alsace-Lorraine. This is a region very close to the Rhine J-L283 hot spots and the city of Strasbourg, correlating with the Roman Rhine Lime and henceforth likely implying Roman mediated migration. "Argentoratum or Argentorate was the ancient name of the city of Strasbourg. The name was first mentioned in 12 BC, when it was a Roman military outpost established by Nero Claudius Drusus. From 90 AD the Legio VIII Augusta was permanently stationed there."(Wikipedia)

The Family Tree DNA evidence from the Beaver(s)/Biwer Surname Y DNA Project demonstrated the Bieber Subgroup deriving from Alsace/Pensylvania, which contained only J-M172 and J-M241 Y DNA Samples. I assume the Pensylvania is added for some samples who have not yet connected their paternal line to an Alsace ancestor who migrated to the US. The same surname spelling and Alsace region specification as Phillipe Bieber, Justin Bieber's Great x3 Grandfather, has demonstrated decent evidence that he is possibly J-M172 and therefore likely J-L283. In order to confirm we must find a common paternal ancestor between one of the Family Tree samples and Justin.

It would also be nice if one of them pursued further sub-clade testing to confirm J-L283. Then he could probably go under the notable people section on the Eupedia J2 Haplogroup page. Does anyone have the ability to contact these Biebers, or the ability to find a common paternal ancestor?

Last edited:
Nassim Nicholas Taleb DNA

Taleb is J2b1 (J-M205), as he has said several times on Twitter.

This thread has been viewed 71804 times.

Back