McCain-Obama meeting on Syria

JUst stop. compare modern america to anceint rome and modern muslim countries u can see the differnce. america is the reason that type of government is wide spread and why we dont see napoleans and hitlers in europe anymore.
If you want to call yourself righteous, you should not see the difference. Justice is blind. Either you're a man of law, or you're a politician.

We fought for freedom of south veitmanese from a corrupt soviet supported communist government to kill and conquer them.
Yeah, and before that there were French fighting there, and before that there was WWII. If you just stopped for a second and gave that people a rest, I guess it would be far better for them. Instead of that you gave them 35 years of almost continuous war and they were honored to meet Agent Orange.

Communist sure is a form of government which has resulted in evill countries. Look ate north korea, china(breaking into Us military systems), soviet union, Russia(giving syrian government weapons trying to help Iran get nukes), cuba. U know what i mean.

Yeah, Chinese are so evil, they won't let Americans drive their ships through their seas. Very evil. BTW, WTH are US looking for in the Chines seas? What would you do if you saw couple of Chinese battle ships 20 miles from the coasts of California?

I also know a couple of US companies that sold weapons/equipment to Hitler, so I wouldn't rush into that subject if I were you.

It is because you weren't interested in seeing them than because as far as my knowledge goes the first ever torture was started by Assad forces towards Sunnis who supported the Rebels and I saw a few videos of it back than.

I'd like to see how US would react if a group of Sunni rebels claimed a part of Oregon. I'm sure they wouldn't live that much to be tortured. It's a pure hypocrisy how NATO countries solve their own problems, and how they treat others for the same things.

If you want to call yourself righteous, you should not see the difference. Justice is blind. Either you're a man of law, or you're a politician.

Yeah, and before that there were French fighting there, and before that there was WWII. If you just stopped for a second and gave that people a rest, I guess it would be far better for them. Instead of that you gave them 35 years of almost continuous war and they were honored to meet Agent Orange.

Yeah, Chinese are so evil, they won't let Americans drive their ships through their seas. Very evil. BTW, WTH are US looking for in the Chines seas? What would you do if you saw couple of Chinese battle ships 20 miles from the coasts of California?

I also know a couple of US companies that sold weapons/equipment to Hitler, so I wouldn't rush into that subject if I were you.

I'd like to see how US would react if a group of Sunni rebels claimed a part of Oregon. I'm sure they wouldn't live that much to be tortured. It's a pure hypocrisy how NATO countries solve their own problems, and how they treat others for the same things.

I think it depends on the point of view. I would like to see how the majority of US or any other Civil population would react if they were ruled by a power grabbing leader from a minority group for over decades. Sunnis are the majority in the country and Assad claiming hand on non Allawite, Sunni Arab, Druze or Kurdish populated areas shows it is rather Assad which sees the country as a Oregon cookie he can claim all for himself. You are ignoring the problematic here. Of course the Sunni Rebels are extremists and they claim land for themselves which doesn't belong them either. And they are very Brutal but this does not make Assad another option. I don't know if you know much about Syria's history and how it even came to existence in it's modern form.

If Assad was really democratic person, he would have hold elections long time ago and not promised some now when he feels the heat under himself.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the point of view. I would like to see how the majority of US or any other Civil population would react if they were ruled by a power grabbing leader from a minority group for over decades.

You are ignoring the true nature of the conflict, where we have a president who was upholding the law and homicidal rebels, and observing the problem from the wrong point of view. We saw how US government reacted after 11/9 when a small group of terrorists made their "statement". Was anyone concerned about civil rights at that moment? You could have easily said back then, that Bush was a tyrant president who doesn't let people move where they want, and is running a witch-hunt against Semitic people. And it was really true at that time. But you're ignoring the circumstances in which those conditions occurred.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm the translations of their chanting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PviOH5bP2Zk

I think it depends on the point of view. I would like to see how the majority of US or any other Civil population would react if they were ruled by a power grabbing leader from a minority group for over decades. Sunnis are the majority in the country and Assad claiming hand on non Allawite, Sunni Arab, Druze or Kurdish populated areas shows it is rather Assad which sees the country as a Oregon cookie he can claim all for himself. You are ignoring the problematic here. Of course the Sunni Rebels are extremists and they claim land for themselves which doesn't belong them either. And they are very Brutal but this does not make Assad another option. I don't know if you know much about Syria's history and how it even came to existence in it's modern form.

If Assad was really democratic he would have hold elections long time before and not promised some now when he feels the heat under himself.

Assad has made many reforms and he has promised his people elections as well. Most of the population support him, in fact there are pro-government demonstrations, and SAA troops sing about him in-between firefights. If you watch and read some non-mainstream reports, and also watch the fair number of interviews with him, you will quickly see that he is not who the west make him out to be. In fact he is more democratic and fair minded than many of our own politicians. He also dismissed and sanctioned the man responsible for the deaths in the initial protest. Although radical Islamic elements have been there from the start, 80-90% of the 'FSA' now are Islamic fundamentalists. That's also the reason why the refugee numbers increased so dramatically - because they are fleeing from these people and not the government. I've seen videos of Assad moving around freely in Damascus, if his people were trying to topple him he wouldn't be able to do this. Syria is under seige by foreign terrorists, nothing more, nothing less.

They were being conquered by an evil government we helped end of story. When u say give them a break u are saying let them be killed and oppressed. Ur reasoning is full of half truths and and just sayings with no facts.

Yearh they are they just hacked into our military recently i wonder. Why they oppress their people they are apart of the communist movement that created the soviet union and north korea, they dont give their people full human rights. I know people are jealous and angry at America. But look at us all we do is help literally and we blame ourselfs. China oesnt have to worry about america bombing them for no reason because we are run by the people if people like u and me object it we can take uout the government leaders who started it. Plus we go through a process were our governments leaders decide to attack and they were elected by us and are not evil dictators like Hitler. So what u are saying makes no sense china as nothing to worry about. Maybe if they gave their people equal rights and were not so pre communist and north Korea america would not be hostile towards them. Ur negative statements trying to make america seem like a evil empire make no sense at all.

America was one of the biggest or biggest hero of world war two. So what if american companies did that. It does not repsent our government why are u so desperate and show little things that dont matter to try to make america look like some big bad guy.

You are ignoring the true nature of the conflict, where we have a president who was upholding the law and homicidal rebels, and observing the problem from the wrong point of view. We saw how US government reacted after 11/9 when a small group of terrorists made their "statement". Was anyone concerned about civil rights at that moment? You could have easily said back then, that Bush was a tyrant president who doesn't let people move where they want, and is running a witch-hunt against Semitic people. And it was really true at that time. But you're ignoring the circumstances in which those conditions occurred.

I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm the translations of their chanting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PviOH5bP2Zk

Just stop already. BUsh did that because they are a threat and we needed to retaliate. He also saw it as an opportunity to take down saddem i guess later on. Dont u dare say stuff like that about 9/11 u have no idea how much those people suffered. Stop with ur terrible critical thinking that trys to pose america as something it was built not to be.

They were being conquered by an evil government we helped end of story. When u say give them a break u are saying let them be killed and oppressed. Ur reasoning is full of half truths and and just sayings with no facts.

They were being conquered by their own government, but they were killed by yours.
I think they'd rather have a 10 years parliament debate, than be dead.
Half-truths? What is not true? That your army killed millions of people that never endangered your country?

Yearh they are they just hacked into our military recently i wonder.
I have no doubts that you're in their system, just not bragging about that.

Why they oppress their people they are apart of the communist movement that created the soviet union and north korea, they dont give their people full human rights. I know people are jealous and angry at America. But look at us all we do is help literally and we blame ourselfs.
It would be nice for you if you stopped using internal-oppression as an excuse for external-aggression.

China oesnt have to worry about america bombing them for no reason because we are run by the people if people like u and me object it we can take uout the government leaders who started it.
There's plenty more from where those came from. Let's see you change them? You thought you did it when Vietnam war ended, and what's been afterwards? US in war in Afghanistan, Panama, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Pakistan, etc... And you say you can take them out?

Plus we go through a process were our governments leaders decide to attack and they were elected by us and are not evil dictators like Hitler.
There are many numbers below zero. You don't have to be down in Hitler's range to be negative. It's not all black and white.

So what u are saying makes no sense china as nothing to worry about. Maybe if they gave their people equal rights and were not so pre communist and north Korea america would not be hostile towards them.
Maybe, if the whole world was just like you....
And you're so concerned for others well being, that you can't stop killing them.

But look at us all we do is help literally and we blame ourselfs.
Stop "helping" then. It would be better for all.

America was one of the biggest or biggest hero of world war two.
Only in movies. The casualties of Stalingrad are comparable to casualties of US, France and Britain all together in the whole WW2.

So what if american companies did that. It does not repsent our government why are u so desperate and show little things that dont matter to try to make america look like some big bad guy.
Me being desperate or not, wouldn't make it different. It all already happened the way it did.
And that's a hell of an attitude there?! So what if Chinese companies are selling nukes to Iran, Osama and whatever?

Just stop already. BUsh did that because they are a threat and we needed to retaliate. He also saw it as an opportunity to take down saddem i guess later on. Dont u dare say stuff like that about 9/11 u have no idea how much those people suffered. Stop with ur terrible critical thinking that trys to pose america as something it was built not to be.

You turned this into wrong direction. I wasn't talking about any kind of retaliation. My post was about Bush treatment of his own people as a parallel to what Assad is doing in Syria when his county is endangered just like US was. Why is US using one standards for themselves, and when someone else acts the same way they call it repression?

Mmuller can u please put down the sick picture of the gay old man and super man. It isn't funny.

I am so sick of Americans who just debate over this and think conservative vs liberal. We need to stop thinking about philosophy's and how complicated it will be, We need to be strong and defeat Syria government and not let any more messed up corrupt governments and Muslim extremist to take office we need to take control the mid east has been given to many 2nd chances we cant trust them with their own government. When are panza gay Europeans finally gonna help they are still resting after WW2. America would not have to pay so much money if we actulley worked as the UNITED NATIONS we need to fight together if we had equal European and American troops then add in Russian and Chinese think about what an incredible fighting force for justice around the world that would be.

And when will we realize

bad guys= Russia, China, North Korea, all communists really, and Muslim world

Good guys: USA, Europe(not Russia), South Korea, Japan, all free 1st world countries

i would say that there are many corrupt nations in sub shara Africa too and not sure if we can trust all of latin america. I am sick of people saying these wars were 10,000's of people are dying are not our business. We need to work together to end all these non sense wars mainly in the Muslim world.

Why does Obama wait till chemical weapons i think it is pretty bad over 100,000 people have died from guns, bombs, and knifes. It is so stupid how they go by text book stuff it does not matter of assad used chemical weapons or not why are people so stuck on that. Why does Obama wait till now we should have invaded 100,000 deaths ago.

Fire Haired, do you really think that Obama wants to invade Syria because of deaths and casualties of civilians. I know this is boolshit. Nobody is really protecting human rights of Syrians because first of all, us actions are dictated by governmental interests and commercial benefit, and surely the ME is the prior region for America, mostly by its huge resources of crude oil.

I hate the historic time of colonization of weak nations and tribes which didn't threaten the invaders and were peaceful. Do you stand for the return of this time?? It is not democratic.

P.S. I don't think that the photo is stupid, suppose it was made to express concern of the planned strikes and protect peace in ME.

Fire Haired, do you really think that Obama wants to invade Syria because of deaths and casualties of civilians. I know this is boolshit. Nobody is really protecting human rights of Syrians because first of all, us actions are dictated by governmental interests and commercial benefit, and surely the ME is the prior region for America, mostly by its huge resources of crude oil.
At any time after WWII till present America had military power and resources to conquer and colonize Middle East and it's oil. Why didn't they do that?

At any time after WWII till present America had military power and resources to conquer and colonize Middle East and it's oil. Why didn't they do that?

After WWII there was USSR with its communist blog and strong army, then they did so.
1. Operation Desert Storm
2. Afghanistan
3. Iraq
4. Arab Spring

But they cannot organize civil peaceful life in invaded countries. Seems that Chaos Theory in ME is still popular in Administration.

After WWII there was USSR with its communist blog and strong army, then they did so.
3. Iraq
It was in and out scenario, more to stabilize peace to stabilize oil prices than to control production. For your information, there are Iranian companies pumping oil in Iraq, so it looks like Iraq can sell oil wherever it wants.

4. Arab Spring
Oh, you think someone organized the Arab Spring. Don't you think unhappy people can get engry by themselves and protest?

2. Afghanistan
and also Syria have no oil. They don't fit your hypothesis.
Tell me about one instance of US government owning oil fields in ME, pumping oil to there tankers and taking it to US without paying for oil.

But they cannot organize civil peaceful life in invaded countries.
Tell me how much time it took Germany to get peaceful and democratic after end of monarchy after WWI?

Because the old concept of slavery doesn't work any more. There were too many bloody rebellions, and they know better now. They have to make people think they are free so they gave them false illusion of independence, while in fact 90 % governments of the world are controlled by them. Once in a while, when some decent democratic leader shows up (like Gaddafi, Hussein or Assad) they stumble down like vultures to kill him and devastate his country.

People provide them with workmanship( food, services, etc..) and bodies (organs and sex), and they give them printed colored paper for that. They print it without limitation. It's almost as same as in roman Empire, just modern concept, where US are behind the smoke screen of local governments, so that primitive people would think that they have themselves to blame for the wrong choice. Once the primitives get aware of that, it is too late because they are too old - they are deep in credit debts, they can't afford to lose their jobs, thir organisms are weaker and doctors are expensive.

On the other side their kids are teenagers that are already hypnotized by Western values - values that have no meaning nor practical purpose, that are blasphemous, and that make generation gap even bigger. It makes them hate their current way of life, hate their parents and country they live in. So they strive for independence at age 18, because they are young and healthy and they can/would work anything. That would give them 10 years of nice time, until they get kids when they realize they are old, tired, disposable, treated like slaves, and that there is no way out anymore.

And that's the way US wants us all to live.

when some decent democratic leader shows up (like Gaddafi, Hussein or Assad) they stumble down like vultures to kill him and devastate his country.
Post and memorize definition of democracy, and edit your post, or I consider this tro-lling.
And no, your personal definition doesn't count.

People provide them with workmanship( food, services, etc..) and bodies (organs and sex), and they give them printed colored paper for that. They print it without limitation. It's almost as same as in roman Empire, just modern concept, where US are behind the smoke screen of local governments, so that primitive people would think that they have themselves to blame for the wrong choice. Once the primitives get aware of that, it is too late because they are too old - they are deep in credit debts, they can't afford to lose their jobs, thir organisms are weaker and doctors are expensive.
On the other side their kids are teenagers that are already hypnotized by Western values - values that have no meaning nor practical purpose, that are blasphemous, and that make generation gap even bigger. It makes them hate their current way of life, hate their parents and country they live in. So they strive for independence at age 18, because they are young and healthy and they can/would work anything. That would give them 10 years of nice time, until they get kids when they realize they are old, tired, disposable, treated like slaves, and that there is no way out anymore.

I just wonder how successful you are in this world you don't understand?

Because the old concept of slavery doesn't work any more. There were too many bloody rebellions, and they know better now. They have to make people think they are free so they gave them false illusion of independence, while in fact 90 % governments of the world are controlled by them. Once in a while, when some decent democratic leader shows up (like Gaddafi, Hussein or Assad) they stumble down like vultures to kill him and devastate his country.

What a twisted perception of the world :), you would make a good "soldier" of Enver Hoxha.

Once in a while, when some decent democratic leader shows up (like Gaddafi, Hussein or Assad) they stumble down like vultures to kill him and devastate his country.

With that sentence you have lost allot of credibility in my eyes. The hate for anything American seems to be so big among some people that they have lost any relation to reality.

Tell me how much time it took Germany to get peaceful and democratic after end of monarchy after WWI?

I am afraid you miss regional wars with world ones. At that time all countries were in difficult situation even America with the Great Depression.
But during that period of time till WWII Germany became the most powerful industrial country in Europe and is still lokomotive if the EU.

And US Administration and Congress cannot make any consensus on Syria. The winner of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize cannot twerk Assad.

this_is_congress.jpg

@LeBrok
The definition of democracy? OK, let me remember from high school... it was somewhere in old Greece - We lay down in the sun, theoretizing and making philosophy, while slaves work for us. Good enough?

@FBS
Maybe we share same views, I don't know much about him. Anyway, I doubt I'd be soldier for anyone.

@Alan Don't overreact. There is no hatred for everything that is American. Just for that part where they intrude on others, and impose them their democracy.

You people tell that Saddam made war campaigns that ended in killing tens of thousands of Kurds, and declare it a genocide. OK. But when Turkey does the same or worse thing, then there is no reaction. Why? I have no other explanation except for it is a NATO member. If you wanted democracy, why hasn't anyone pleaded for Kurdish independence. We all know there are ~ 30.000.000 Kurds around here, and they get slaughtered by everyone around for decades:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...34px-Kurdish-inhabited_area_by_CIA_(1992).jpg

2. Afghanistan
3. Iraq
4. Arab Spring

But they cannot organize civil peaceful life in invaded countries. Seems that Chaos Theory in ME is still popular in Administration.

They were being conquered by their own government, but they were killed by yours.
I think they'd rather have a 10 years parliament debate, than be dead.
Half-truths? What is not true? That your army killed millions of people that never endangered your country?

Ur not using any historical facts. I think the US needs to stop fighting fake wars like we have since WW2. we need to go all out on Syria's government blow them away in a week even better than a Iraq. Then after that i really don't know what to do. We cant trust the Syrian rebels they would do just as bad or worse. We cant trust the Syrian people at all the extremist Muslims or just extremist always find a way to get power. Because of that the best thing i can think of is make them a colonie kind of like Puerto Rico that is the best way to safe lives and make live better for the Syrian people, the mid east, and really the whole world. But that in so many ways goes against American ideology but i don't think we should let the people rule the government we cant trust them. We need to forget about the philosophy on life and we need to do what safes lives and helps people's lives.

U need to stop trying to pose post WW2 America as a imperialistic power. All of or wars have been to help other people. We give so much money away. We are not this evil country u poss us as. The whole western world since WW2 has been very good u don't see Napoleons or Hitlers anymore. Hitler was just 70-80 years ago Napoleon 200 the western world changed alot. Europe used to constintley be in wars like the mid east and Africa u can see that when u look in history books. America and Democracy is what mainly changed that. After world war 2. It was kind of the begging of the free world and the modern world.

I have no doubts that you're in their system, just not bragging about that.
What are u trying to say??

It would be nice for you if you stopped using internal-oppression as an excuse for external-aggression.

It is a very good reason. If u see people being massacred and u have very powerful rich militarties and we made the UNITED nations after WW2 to stop stuff like that we need to attack. Ur philosophy is just let the mid east kill themlseves when u have the power to stop it just watch 100,000's of thousands of people die.

There's plenty more from where those came from. Let's see you change them? You thought you did it when Vietnam war ended, and what's been afterwards? US in war in Afghanistan, Panama, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Pakistan, etc... And you say you can take them out?

America destroyed North Vietmanese when it came to winning battles and killing solderis. I think i mentioned the statics earlier but u can look it up ur self. It is a myth in America that we were the bad guys and that we lost and that the north vietmanese were these un stoppble people who ambushed american soldiers that's not what happened it was something like 7 times more veit cong died than American's. The reason we could not win the war and invade north is because it could start world war 3. We cant conquer China's communist government because that would start world war 3 and all the nuclear stuff. I dont know the specifcs of the US wars in the mid east. We chould have done much better in iraq i say make it a colony or Some how stop any corrupt governmemt which would pop up if we let their people run it as crazy as that sounds its the best solution.

Maybe, if the whole world was just like you....
And you're so concerned for others well being, that you can't stop killing them.

If the whole world was like america seriously we would have no wars and almost no foreign problems. I cant stop killing evil people who will cause more deaths if we don't stop them and stop their source which is their power in the government.

Stop "helping" then. It would be better for all.
No it wouldn't u know how much we help the world i cant explain it all. We are the biggest part in making the modern world and the free world.

Only in movies. The casualties of Stalingrad are comparable to casualties of US, France and Britain all together in the whole WW2.

I am not going to go into long explanation on this. Just look at the stats yes america was the biggest part in winning W@. We beat Japan and were huge in helping beat the Nazis. Sure USSR was big in helping beat the Nazis but we fought two wars on two oppiste oceans.

Me being desperate or not, wouldn't make it different. It all already happened the way it did.
And that's a hell of an attitude there?! So what if Chinese companies are selling nukes to Iran, Osama and whatever?

You turned this into wrong direction. I wasn't talking about any kind of retaliation. My post was about Bush treatment of his own people as a parallel to what Assad is doing in Syria when his county is endangered just like US was. Why is US using one standards for themselves, and when someone else acts the same way they call it repression?

Little Chinese kids 2,000 years from now are going too look at people who say stuff like that. The same way we look at Romans who allowed Germans to be so involved in their military and were so pacife towards them which ended up with Germans taking the entire western Roman empire. That is just retarted we need to care alot if China or Russia is helping a country that also wants to destory the western world deifntley if it has to do with nukes.

We need to forget about the philosophy on life and we need to do what safes lives and helps people's lives.
But what really happens is that US always end up leaving trail of death, destroyed country and economy. I remember it happened in Libya not long ago. You wanna bet it would not happen in Syria too?

U need to stop trying to pose post WW2 America as a imperialistic power. All of or wars have been to help other people. We give so much money away. We are not this evil country u poss us as.
1. American soldiers that are all over the world pose that, not I.
2. Real money? Based on gold? Or just paper money?
3. Prove that. Lets see normal life just once, where US treaded.

What are u trying to say??
Just that US has very effective MI service. You don't think so?

It is a very good reason. If u see people being massacred and u have very powerful rich militarties and we made the UNITED nations after WW2 to stop stuff like that we need to attack. Ur philosophy is just let the mid east kill themlseves when u have the power to stop it just watch 100,000's of thousands of people die.
Your logic would be fine if CIA wasn't the one which initiated the conflict in Syria. If there wasn't for US, there would be no Syrian war, no conflict, no rebels, probably just students demonstrating from time to time, which happens all over the world.

America destroyed North Vietmanese when it came to winning battles and killing solderis. I think i mentioned the statics earlier but u can look it up ur self. It is a myth in America that we were the bad guys and that we lost and that the north vietmanese were these un stoppble people who ambushed american soldiers that's not what happened it was something like 7 times more veit cong died than American's. The reason we could not win the war and invade north is because it could start world war 3. We cant conquer China's communist government because that would start world war 3 and all the nuclear stuff. I dont know the specifcs of the US wars in the mid east. We chould have done much better in iraq i say make it a colony or Some how stop any corrupt governmemt which would pop up if we let their people run it as crazy as that sounds its the best solution.
Why would you say it was a myth? US soldiers came on North Vietnamese territory to kill North Vietnamese which didn't even had an Atom bomb. Not even chemical weapons... Nor cruisers and airplanes. Nor choppers and tanks.... Nor electricity, petrol and food.... Did they have uniforms?

Pssst, we know you would like to conquer China, but don't say it out loud :LOL:
You'd already conquer the whole world just if they didn't have nukes.

If the whole world was like america seriously we would have no wars and almost no foreign problems.
I already said that I have no doubt that US wants to make us all be like it. And that it will not stop, and won't restraint to use any method to make all the world subjected to it.

I cant stop killing evil people who will cause more deaths if we don't stop them and stop their source which is their power in the government.
Than you should take your gun, and go to Washington :LOL:

No it wouldn't u know how much we help the world i cant explain it all. We are the biggest part in making the modern world and the free world.
That's what you think. I'm sure that Napoleon felt the same about himself. Do Libyans or Iraqi think that?

I am not going to go into long explanation on this. Just look at the stats yes america was the biggest part in winning W@. We beat Japan and were huge in helping beat the Nazis. Sure USSR was big in helping beat the Nazis but we fought two wars on two oppiste oceans.
I'm not even going to get into this one. :sad-2:

Little Chinese kids 2,000 years from now are going too look at people who say stuff like that. The same way we look at Romans who allowed Germans to be so involved in their military and were so pacife towards them which ended up with Germans taking the entire western Roman empire. That is just retarted we need to care alot if China or Russia is helping a country that also wants to destory the western world deifntley if it has to do with nukes.

Little Chinese kids have books, where they read how little Chinese kids lived 5000 years ago. Where did you get the idea that they can learn anything from US?

This thread has been viewed 50984 times.

Back