I2a-Din came to the Balkans and Dinaric Alps with the Thracians, Dacians & Illyrians

uh I don't think so

I can understand that. However, in 7-9th century Dalmatia we can't see other archeological cultures beside Croatian and local Roman ones. It seems that even Serbian archeologists have difficulties to find traces of Serbs in that period as well.

I've just used Occam's rasor. That's all.

Last edited:
I can understand that. However, in 7-9th century Dalmatia we can't see other archeological cultures beside Croatian and local Roman ones. It seems that even Serbian archeologists have difficulties to find traces of Serbs in that period as well.

I've just used Occam's rasor. That's all.

but you cannot say that the I2 is brought by the Croats nor the R1a, you will understand later when I finish my translation

but you cannot say that the I2 is brought by the Croats nor the R1a, you will understand later when I finish my translation

For now, genetic information's together with historical information's say that it is the Croats who bring I2a to the Balkans, ie mutations in the branch I-S17250.

What link with this very topic?

On Facebook there is a site called "Praistorija na Srbije i Balkana", which shared an entry written by Goran Šarić. If the translator worked properly he wrote about how much is a scam to not connect I2a to Illyrians of the Balkan territory. Who is he? He is a reliable source of informations, and this is a part of a real scientific debate, or just shady alternative theory?

On Facebook there is a site called "Praistorija na Srbije i Balkana", which shared an entry written by Goran Šarić. If the translator worked properly he wrote about how much is a scam to not connect I2a to Illyrians of the Balkan territory. Who is he? He is a reliable source of informations, and this is a part of a real scientific debate, or just shady alternative theory?

We are past the phase arguing that I2a-Din and most of R1a in Balkans came with Slavs. We want to know what other haplogroups did Slavs carry.

My main interest is who were the I2a-L621 people before became Slavs.

Ha-ha!
Which culture do you label as Proto-Slav? Or which culture belonged the I2a-L621 (and it's subclades)?

Ha-ha! Which culture do you label as Proto-Slav? Or which culture belonged the I2a-L621 (and it's subclades)?
There is no way to identify the culture at the moment. There is a huge gap in the generations of I2a-L621 between the guy found in Central Europe and Proto-Slavs. I hope the missing links will be found one day.

I2a-Din was found in Middle Bronze to Late Bronze Age Croatian cave, Lika region, how much does this change? I have no idea, it might have been a dead end, considering that all Iron Age Dalmatians carried J2b2-L283 and that lineage was not found in Iron Age context anymore.

All E-V13 samples in Gava periphery way to the North where they belong.

LOL you Albanian E-V13 Moeso-Thracians, I2a Alboz, Yugoz are more Illyrian than you..
Have some pride though Thracians > Illyrians. There were more Thracians in ancient times than Illyrians there is more E-V13 than J-L283 today.

I already see claims this I2a-Din sample is wrongly dated. :D Heads will roll in Yugoslav circles if this result strands.

Yes, the autosomal profile of the I2a-Y3120 sample is nothing like the ancient samples from the "Illyrian" areas, but is in fact closer to modern south Slavic populations . So, since this sample isn't radiocarbon dated, it's very likely that he is wrongly dated or perhaps even contaminated with modern DNA.

Truly an embarrassing and cringe inducing celebration of an obviously contaminated sample. Yikes!

Truly an embarrassing and cringe inducing celebration of an obviously contaminated sample. Yikes!

Again, one more information which point to I18719 being wrongly dated, this time mtDNA clade of purportedly Bronze Age sample:

2NyZTau.png

The sample is modern or Medieval.

Among many posts, this one is the most glaring. Don't want to spam them all this one shall suffice.

I already see claims this I2a-Din sample is wrongly dated. :D Heads will roll in Yugoslav circles if this result strands.

Maybe dancing the weekend away, nothing to do with the sample.

watch

It looks like they tried to sneak one in 😂, just like user Garrick used to do in this same thread a couple of years ago 😂

We must stop being toxic, eventually science and new archeological samples will either prove one side wrong or correct.

I2 Haplogroup is obviously not Slavic in origin or Germanic for that matter, it is Central European, Northern Pannonian haplogroup related to ancient Celtic peoples because Picts for example have very similar haplogroup as South Slavs I2a1b

Nobody here wants to make Albanians or Greeks feel less, there is no point in claiming anything extreme because we won't change it anyway.

We must stop being toxic, eventually science and new archeological samples will either prove one side wrong or correct.

I2 Haplogroup is obviously not Slavic in origin or Germanic for that matter, it is Central European, Northern Pannonian haplogroup related to ancient Celtic peoples because Picts for example have very similar haplogroup as South Slavs I2a1b

Nobody here wants to make Albanians or Greeks feel less, there is no point in claiming anything extreme because we won't change it anyway.

The only Pictish haplogroup what I've found were R1b, can you please share your source? Thank you!

This thread has been viewed 567675 times.

Back