R1b-U152 L2*

Where did R1b-U152 L2* in the Balkans originate from?

• Total voters
Hi i'm restarting this topic because i just got tested as R-L2, i was wondering what is the actual hypothesis about is emergence, hallstat or la tène or north of italy ? I'm from switzerland and as far as i know my father family come from the french part of it, in the alps. Also, how can discover wich particular downstream of R-L2 i'm ? With GEDmatch ?

I am romanian from Transilvania - I have U-152 L2 Z49 -

Halfalp, welcome to R1b-L2.
You can purchase the R1b-L2 SNP Pack from FTDNA or the R1b-U152 Superclade Panel from Yseq. However, the most comprehensive test is Full Genome Corporation (FGC) Y Elite test followed by FTDNA's BigY test.

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=38288

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

I am R1b>L2>FGC13617>FGC13619 from the Ionian island of Corfu.

There are only two other DNA kits that match my haplogroup (FGC13619). The Cognevich (Konjevic) family from Sutorina in Montenegro and the Antic family from South-East Serbia. All three families are from the Balkans.

Hey Dorianfinder, I noticed other posts you made which show you have a bunch of the calculators. Do you have the Eurogenes K13 and K15v2 by any chance? I have been looking all over for them. Do you have the oracle files for those also? Thanks in advance!

Ancestry, I am not involved with the development of ancestry calculators anymore but I'm sure that you can access the information on gedmatch. The calculators you are looking for are available with links to their developers.

Hi everybody!

I'm Swiss with a known paternal origin in the Grisons region, and I recently tested as R-L2+, Z49-, Z367- .

I don't know a lot about my ancient ancestry, but I suppose my father's family has been in southeastern Switzerland for centuries, does a R-L2 map actually exist (as of 2019) somewhere as it is for U-152?

I recently took the NG Geno 2.0 test. It classified me as a 98% "southern indian" (which is correct). But my parental lineage is listed as R-L144. With U152->L2->L20. Almost all people with this are in Europe. How come somebody like me from South of India end up with this haplogroup ?

Hi everybody!

I'm Swiss with a known paternal origin in the Grisons region, and I recently tested as R-L2+, Z49-, Z367- .

I don't know a lot about my ancient ancestry, but I suppose my father's family has been in southeastern Switzerland for centuries, does a R-L2 map actually exist (as of 2019) somewhere as it is for U-152?

Hello fellow Swiss R1b-L2. :) I'm not sure about a map of R1b-L2 specifically. A general map of R1b-S28/U152 might been in the range of the distribution of L2.

I recently took the NG Geno 2.0 test. It classified me as a 98% "southern indian" (which is correct). But my parental lineage is listed as R-L144. With U152->L2->L20. Almost all people with this are in Europe. How come somebody like me from South of India end up with this haplogroup ?

Well the likely hypothesis is that one of your forefather is from recent European descent. As far as R1b-L2 i think it's very very unlikely we are speaking of a prehistoric link.

Is the 2% European?

Reasonable chance that there is a paternal ancestor from Britain circa 18th cent.

Thanks Dorianfinder and Halfalp.. that was my suspicion as well.. as we were a English colony and have lived close to a French outpost as well. It must be > 2 or 3 generations earlier.. as I look like a typical south Indian.

Is there a way Nat Geo can provide such details ? I dont see that in my report.

Geno 2.0 apparently have way less autosomal SNP's compared for exemple with 23andme ( that's what a google post from 2014 says, it could have changed ). You should go on this thread " https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...e-your-admixtures-to-ancient-and-contemporary " and aks if your Geno 2.0 kit can be upload on the Gedmatch calculator, it's a free online calculator with different types of admixture calculators fitting for a different range of ethnicities. If your Geno 2.0 kit cannot be upload on Gedmatch, i guess your best match is to purchased a new test for exemple with 23andme ( it cost 99$ ) and it gonna probably show you your exact European origin. After that you can also play with your 23andme kit on the Gedmatch calculator and found a lot of little details about your ancestry.

It is with Gedmatch that i discovered that my 1% of Balkans ancestry from my 23andme test, was likely from Serbia.

Halfalp, thx. Gedmatch does not like the Geno 2.0 csv. I will give 23andme a try.

Yeah, the new edition of the v5 23andMe chip has a lot of SNPs. Mine was updated to YP-445, whose most common recent ancestor lived in the Early Middle Ages, most likely an early Polabian Slav whose descendants today are mostly German.

Geno 2.0 list my paternal lineage as follows -
P305 > M42 > M168 > P143 > M89 > M578 > P128 > M526 > M45 > M207 > P231 > M343 > M269 > P310 > P312 > U152 > L2 > L20
But the summarize it as R-L144. Where does this L144 come from or what is it ? Thx for the explanation

Geno 2.0 list my paternal lineage as follows -
P305 > M42 > M168 > P143 > M89 > M578 > P128 > M526 > M45 > M207 > P231 > M343 > M269 > P310 > P312 > U152 > L2 > L20
But the summarize it as R-L144. Where does this L144 come from or what is it ? Thx for the explanation

My knowledges only goes to U152 > L2. U152 is a branch that is commonly called Italo-Celtic because it's range goes from North Italy, to France and Eastern Germany, the Rhineland in general. L2 is a downstream of U152 mainly found in the same range of the broad U152.

There is that phylogenetic tree of R1b-L2, you might found some informations in it, but it looks like all downstreams of L20 are mainly from Britain.

https://www.eupedia.com/images/content/R1b-L2-tree.png

This thread has been viewed 112459 times.

Back