Chronology of Cro-Magnon Y-DNA

...sometimes ur not writting about the subject everyone else is.
I do have a hard time staying between the lines, sorry about that. But I'm hoping a few readers might enjoy some running commentary... for example I know Moesan really appreciates it when I wander off topic. Right Moesan?

So true, you busted me Nobody1! Of course Dr. Wells doesn't see equine colors like the rest of us. He only sees a four legged mammal that bravely marched out of Africa 17,000 years ago in search of greener pastures. There is no chestnut horse, no black, white, or brindle horse (wait... I think brindle applies to puppies) according to Spencer's advanced world view-- only the noble, odd toed ungulate that can trace it's complete and total lineage back to the wild heart of Africa. :)

That sure sounds like Dr. Wells;
And acc. to him we are all related to one another but you truly are the anti-Wells;

That sure sounds like Dr. Wells;
And acc. to him we are all related to one another but you truly are the anti-Wells;
Yes and no. I agree with much of what he has to say, but am frustrated with him where he stubbornly clings to obvious falsehoods. He has let ego get in the way of science.

Eh, I've looked into the C6 and F lines in Paleo Europe but it makes the most sense that first in Europe was hg. I (M170). The C groups headed straight to India after their exodus from Africa tightly following the coastal contours. The possible Jomon connection between C1 and C6, C7, or C8 (depending on who's doing the naming) would pull any possible European C settlers much further East making C6 first in to Europe unlikely. F has a better chance, but a mountainous population harboring ancient lines would seem most obvious, yet that isn't what we find. So my apologies to Maciamo... hg. I was prob. first in. Unless of course we grant the honor to R1b based on the inherent superiority of the ancient Celtic/Arayan lineages.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. La Brana results are in and hg. C6 it is. Was I ever off on this one!

Of course there's also the Spencer Wells school of thought that has a single male of ancient R1b stock ride in on a brilliant white steed while draped in flowing robes from the chilly steppes of Russia. This lone blonde haired/blue eyed male would then have cracked his giant copper staff against the Cliffs of Dover commanding all the Neanderthal females within earshot to open their thighs and obediently accept his seed. We mustn't forget to include this possible scenario... (and yes this horse would be capable of swimming loooong distances).

Thread isn't a total wash though because of this dandy ... I crack myself up sometimes. Especially the visual of the horse swimming to England. :)

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. La Brana results are in and hg. C6 it is. Was I ever off on this one!

FWIW La Brana is late Mesolithic. If I recall correctly, Loschbour and the Haplogroup I Motola samples are all older than La Brana, so even if CLF is right and La Brana is C-V20, you haven't technically been proven wrong in guessing that Haplogroup I is older in Europe than Haplogroup C-V20. There's still plenty of ancient DNA discovery to do.

AFAIK there are no Aurignacian Y results from Italy, and only 1 Gravettian, which is F (likely pre-I).

This thread has been viewed 40486 times.

Back