Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

Ethnic group
    Scottish, English and German

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    It's simple...if you want an European Union, then we must destroy every big nation in Europe. Brussels would like 4 in italy, 5 in France etc, basically the split which they use for voting. If you want to retain big nations in Europe, then destroy the EU........you cannot have both. Nations have too much power for the EU to handle correctly.

You want democracy and you do not let certain races have what they want.........all you canadians are confusing. My cousins from Toronto, Montreal and Quebec are just as confusing to each other
    Quebec francophones can't talk to the ROC (rest of Canada) in a manner we can understand because the Quebec French learn a fictional version of history and have a very different perception of what Canada is and how it came to be. And the huge waves of immigrants who came here in the last few decades don't necessarily understand either point of view, although some immigrants have integrated into either the Anglophone or French culture and so understand one side of the argument or the other but rarely both. From the Anglophone Canadian point of view, the Quebec French are a pain in the neck and different regions of Canada often have different interests even when not divided by language, so a looser confederacy of provinces might seem desirable. However, we can't split up Canada because the evil wolf to the south of us would gobble us up and we'd have to live like Americans, with no health care, lunatics running around with guns, a really massive income inequity and a higher crime rate. Canada is defined in part by not wanting to be Americans, mostly because a lot of those people are crazy. So, while the Quebec French have a fantasy that they could be a separate republic while still enjoying all the benefits of being part of Canada, the rest of us know better. Although some immigrants think that Canadian Anglophones are unreasonable in both our dislike of the Quebec French and our dislike of the worst aspects of American culture, and I imagine LeBrok will have something to say to me about some of my comments. We are, in a word, a nation divided and living in the shadow of a deranged elephant, although not everyone in Canada sees it that way. However, this is, I think, slightly off topic for the thread.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

Ethnic group
    Scottish, English and German

Quote Originally Posted by adamo View Post
    So germanized Baltic people.....Sile postulated the old Prussians were high in N1c, is this true? What was their genetic composition, as they inhabited parts of Lithuania and Poland, eventually their seat of power was centered on Berlin. This makes it difficult to interpret who they were genetically speaking, as they inhabited Slavic, Germanic and Baltic territories.
    As I said, the genetic makeup of the Old Prussians was probably similar to that of other Balts, although nobody know for sure. And the Old Prussians didn't inhabit Slavic and Germanic territories - Slavs and Germans (mostly Germans) invaded Old Prussian territory. As I said, the Prussians whose capital was Berlin were the German speaking Prussians who were a mixture but probably mostly German.

Emperor Achievements:
    Overdrive1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

I agree with both comments, big-Berdeen.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
    As I said, the genetic makeup of the Old Prussians was probably similar to that of other Balts, although nobody know for sure. And the Old Prussians didn't inhabit Slavic and Germanic territories - Slavs and Germans (mostly Germans) invaded Old Prussian territory. As I said, the Prussians whose capital was Berlin were the German speaking Prussians who were a mixture but probably mostly German.
    I basically think it was purely a name grab by the germans and slavs to take lands that was never theirs in any time. Both germans and slavs tried settling people in the area to stake a claim. The more you claim something the more people think its yours over time. IIRC Swedish king Gustav in the tried the same thing with Pomerania and prussia , claiming it was part of the goth homeland ( ie Scandia, gotland, pomerania and prusi lands). He even had it in his title as monarch of Sweden. Unsure about now.

It similar to England staking a claim in Northern Ireland, they pushed a lot of English people to migrate and many many nobles where given lands there to establish a foothold ...............but some people resist foreign migration!
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

very sensible post, Sile! I agree.
    &: English gentry made better: they used the protestant Scots (whose name came from Ireland!) to do the dirty work in Ulster!
    people is forgetful: Celts and almost Celts fighting one against an other: how frightful! whe the lower classes people understand where their true enemy stands, world would be "cooler"... I'm longing to the time when people can AND support their own culture AND allow the same aim to the others, putting the "uber alles" aspect in the rubbish tin, but maybe is it too late? the "all for myself" individual concept is favoring a new model of (economic) war in evolved countries in place of the collective ones: when a thing is bad we find very quickly an other bad thing to replace it...
    but I look at my watch and see it is the hour of my aperitive session: things are suddenly going better !

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

There is another paper on french dna by the same person as before, does anyone know if anything has been changed in regards to his new findings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234