Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103

Thread: New distribution map of Y-haplogroup E-M81

  1. #51
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I don't know if E-M81 is what My Heritage calls North African DNA, but in accord with that company, 21% of Portuguese have North African DNA vs. 5% of Spaniards, 4% Italians and 1% Greeks.
    Uniparental markers are only part of the story, and this uniparental marker is only one of the ones which might have been brought by the "Moors", even if the majority of them were North Africans. There are other y lines in North Africa. Plus, a certain percentage of the invaders came from the Near East, so there is that to consider.

    In addition, what the testing companies are using to determine "North African" ancestry is autosomal dna, not uniparental markers, which account for a very small amount of ancestry.

    Also, in the future, it would be helpful if you could provide links for your facts. For example, the only place in Italy with appreciable E-M81 is Sicily, with perhaps a bit in other places in the south. It is exceedingly rare in most of Italy.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  2. #52
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York




    As I've tried to explain to you, that 2.3% (not 4%, as well) supposed "North African" in Italians does not refer to uniparental markers, much less only to E-M81. It refers to autosomal dna.

    Moreover, MyHeritage is a particularly bad company for autosomal analysis of "ethnic" percentages, imo.

    I realize this all seems very complicated in the beginning. If you spend some time using the search engine I'm sure things will start to get clearer.

  3. #53
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    North African for Italians is 4.5% in accord that link, Angela. Thanks for the explanation.
    I stand corrected. 4.5 for Italy, and 5.9 for Spain.

    Regardless, this seems to be, from a closer reading of the links, autosomal ancestry, not yDna, so your links are mislabeled, and do not really have anything to do with this thread.

    Furthermore, they would seem to be in conflict with both academic papers and autosomal analyses such as those which can be accessed through gedmatch.

    As for E-M81: the map is the first post of this thread.



  4. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-18
    Age
    20
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y10561

    Ethnic group
    Bereber Arabic
    Country: Morocco



    There is a sample in Denmark

  5. #55
    Banned Parafarne's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-04-17
    Age
    36
    Posts
    96

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Eurasian

    Ethnic group
    Caucasian
    Country: Afghanistan



    Could the high percentage (75%) of E-m81 in n.africa have been much less mirroring L, M, U6 (29%)mtdna in the region in prehistory and eurasian ydna G, J2, R-v88, J1 have been in much higher percentages mirroring eurasian mtdna numbers, before deminishing like I2, G hgs in europe after IE settlements? because of wars, male-only immigration to europe by these eurasian ydna hgs as soldiers of phoenicians?

  6. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    30-09-16
    Posts
    175


    Country: Canada



    E-M81 has clearly had a huge and quite recent expansion which must have diluted everything else around at the time. But it isn't easy to tell what was around before E-M81 and what has arrived later. Drift and sex-biased gene flow could have altered the original proportions of African and Eurasian mtDNA vs Y DNA.

    Most of the J1 in North Africa falls into young Arabian branches, so probably came after E-M81. R1b-V88 is likely older. E-M2 is hard to tell, I'd guess some is early and some is late.

  7. #57
    Regular Member Johane Derite's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-06-17
    Posts
    1,148

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    This paper from 2018, believed that E and mtdna L3 was eurasian and back migrated into africa:

    RESULTS:



    The coalescence ages of all Eurasian (M,N) and African (L3 ) lineages, both around 71 kya, are not significantly different. The oldest M and N Eurasian clades are found in southeastern Asia instead near of Africa as expected by the southern route hypothesis. The split of the Y-chromosome composite DE haplogroup is very similar to the age of mtDNA L3. An Eurasian origin and back migration to Africa has been proposed for the African Y-chromosome haplogroup E. Inside Africa, frequency distributions of maternal L3 and paternal E lineages are positively correlated. This correlation is not fully explained by geographic or ethnic affinities. This correlation rather seems to be the result of a joint and global replacement of the old autochthonous male and female African lineages by the new Eurasian incomers.


    CONCLUSIONS:



    These results are congruent with a model proposing an out-of-Africa migration into Asia, following a northern route, of early anatomically modern humans carrying pre-L3 mtDNA lineages around 125 kya, subsequent diversification of pre-L3 into the basal lineages of L3, a return to Africa of Eurasian fully modern humans around 70 kya carrying the basal L3 lineages and the subsequent diversification of Eurasian-remaining L3 lineages into the M and N lineages in the outside-of-Africa context, and a second Eurasian global expansion by 60 kya, most probably, out of southeast Asia. Climatic conditions and the presence of Neanderthals and other hominins might have played significant roles in these human movements. Moreover, recent studies based on ancient DNA and whole-genome sequencing are also compatible with this hypothesis.


    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29921229?fbclid=IwAR3gTQRtEkYRMF3y_zUlu3xTOe40D5VL SAebBfRn-4e_sKdHsVJDqi825WA
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

  8. #58
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    1 members found this post helpful.
    In the e3b project there are 2 cases of e-m81 in Sweden and I checked there surnames are swedish so it is not recent northwest african immigrants to sweden

    any scenario people who brought it to sweden ? Romans in Sweden?

  9. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-18
    Age
    20
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y10561

    Ethnic group
    Bereber Arabic
    Country: Morocco



    1 members found this post helpful.
    hi beavrrit
    Yes the remains Guanche contain haplogroup EM81 at an important rate

  10. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-18
    Age
    20
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y10561

    Ethnic group
    Bereber Arabic
    Country: Morocco



    1 members found this post helpful.
    hi kingjohn

    They may be Roman soldiers or slaves who ended up in Sweden
    Now there was a commercial relationship between the Romans and Scandinavia

  11. #61
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    e-m81 is more than 5% in ille de france and auvergane
    source : https://www.fsigeneticssup.com/artic...234-0/fulltext
    and this research was done on people with french surnames
    i think the spread of e-m81 is more complicated it exist in france in areas that were not under muslim rule

    i add the table of research because we cant see it in the link i added :

    Region Nb BD E* E-M35* E-M78 E-M81 E-M34 G I J1 J2 K N1c P* R1a R1b1 T
    1 Alsace 80 0 0 0 6.25 0 3.75 2.50 8.75 1.25 8.75 1.25 0 0 3.75 58.75 5
    2 Auvergne 89 0 2.25 0 3.37 5.62 1.12 8.99 4.49 3.37 7.87 1.12 0 0 5.62 52.80 3.37
    3 Brittany 115 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.74 13.04 0.87 2.61 0 0 0 0.87 80.88 0
    4 Île-de-France 91 0 10.99 0 4.40 5.49 1.10 4.40 7.69 1.10 5.49 0 1.10 0 2.20 56.05 0
    5 Midi-Pyrénées 67 0 1.49 1.49 2.99 1.49 1.49 4.48 10.45 4.48 7.46 0 0 0 2.99 59.69 1.49
    6 Nord-Pas-de-Calais 68 0 1.47 1.47 5.88 4.41 0 7.35 8.82 0 5.88 0 0 0 2.94 61.76 0
    7 Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 45 2.22 0 2.22 8.89 2.22 0 6.67 8.89 0 6.67 0 0 4.44 0 55.55 2.22
    Mainland France 555 0.32 2.31 0.74 4.54 2.75 1.07 5.16 8.88 1.58 6.39 0.34 0.16 0.63 2.62 60.78 1.73
    Last edited by kingjohn; 06-06-19 at 18:38.

  12. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-18
    Age
    20
    Posts
    31

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y10561

    Ethnic group
    Bereber Arabic
    Country: Morocco



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Hi kingjohn
    There are remains in the south of France on the Haplougroup EM81 and the age of the remains is 1300 years and according to the method buried was islamic
    https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0148583

  13. #63
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 members found this post helpful.
    An E-M81 ended up in Parma too. Soldiers went everywhere.

  14. #64
    Regular Member berun's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-11-15
    Posts
    1,085


    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    methodology in genetic studies are in many cases pitable, they simply get hospital samples with French surnames... how have done a discrimination about which surname is French, Alsatian Germanic surnames like Weis or Loeb were included or excluded?

    moreover they did not take care about ancestry of samples (like being fourth generation in the same department), and that in France is very important as there are 30% of internal migration, one in three coming from other regions, two in three from another departement inside the region.

    Plus, some some 30% have origins outside of core France:

    2008, according to The National Institute of Statistics (INSEE, for its acronym in French), there were 12 million immigrants and their direct descendants (2nd generation) making up about 20% of the population.[26] with an immigrant defined as a foreign born person without French citizenship at birth. Without considering citizenship at birth, people not born in metropolitan France and their direct descendants made up 30% of the population aged 18–50 in metropolitan France in 2008
    so this study has so much value as to know Y DNA distribution as counting doves in Paris as to know how many car crashes will be this year in Toulouse.
    "What I've seen so far after my entire career chasing Indoeuropeans is that our solutions look tissue thin and our problems still look monumental" J.P.Mallory

    "The ultimate homeland of the group [PIE] that also spread Anatolian languages is less clear." D. Reich

  15. #65
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    2 members found this post helpful.
    yes but e-m81 also exist among some French Canadians families /surnames do we agree that the presence of e-m81 among those familes are not recent immigrant no chance and you know it.
    about this research
    the more than 5% of e- m81 in auvergane might be not recent there is a logical conection to those 650Ad buried Muslims in nimes which is not far georgraphicaly you might have a point about the e-m81% in Paris and lille in the north though.
    Last edited by kingjohn; 07-06-19 at 22:01.

  16. #66
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    I don't know which study found the high percentage in the Paris and Lille areas (or studies), but it's absolutely false and perhaps deliberately misleading to state that the authors of population genetics papers just get samples from hospitals. I know of only one study which did that, and, unfortunately, it was an Italian one.

    This is the kind of thing said by people who don't like what studies show.

    It's easy to check. Every study tells you how they procured their samples, and the criterion for choice. The usual standard is four grandparents born in the same area. In y dna studies they're looking at the males. Just find the study or studies and check. It's easy enough.

    @King John,
    That's absolutely correct.

  17. #67
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I don't know which study found the high percentage in the Paris and Lille areas (or studies), but it's absolutely false and perhaps deliberately misleading to state that the authors of population genetics papers just get samples from hospitals. I know of only one study which did that, and, unfortunately, it was an Italian one.

    This is the kind of thing said by people who don't like what studies show.

    It's easy to check. Every study tells you how they procured their samples, and the criterion for choice. The usual standard is four grandparents born in the same area. In y dna studies they're looking at the males. Just find the study or studies and check. It's easy enough.

    @King John,
    That's absolutely correct.
    As to French Canadian people, I remember from my days on 23andme that quite a few French Canadians would get a tiny sliver of North African and didn't have any clue why. I know most of the migration to Canada was from the Northwest and Center, but if any came from the south, there is an explanation.

    General Information:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umayyad_invasion_of_Gaul

    Saracen kingdom of Provence: Fraxinetum
    https://www.history.ubc.ca/sites/def...Fraxinetum.pdf

    If it makes Berun feel any better, they raided in all directions, including into the mountain passes of Italy. :)

  18. #68
    Regular Member berun's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-11-15
    Posts
    1,085


    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    I don't think that true ancestral E-M87 in France could be assigned to Muslim raids, instead, to "internal" migrations in the Roman Empire and above all to the retreat of imperials in the fall of the empire.

  19. #69
    Regular Member berun's Avatar
    Join Date
    24-11-15
    Posts
    1,085


    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Sample collection was performed drawing blood of unrelated male individuals with French surname after informed consent
    let me know if French laws allow blood extraction in cafeterias or Disneyland...

  20. #70
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by berun View Post
    I don't think that true ancestral E-M87 in France could be assigned to Muslim raids, instead, to "internal" migrations in the Roman Empire and above all to the retreat of imperials in the fall of the empire.
    Special pleading. How the hell would you know that????

    How typical. Anything rather than ancestry from the Moors. Pathetic.

    Like it or not, the Kingdom of Fraxinetum existed, founded by Saracens, for a good long time.

    You make one more smarmy comment unsupported by fact, and I'm going to delete it.

    GO TO THE STUDIES IN QUESTION, and show that the procedure for collection was faulty, or SHUT UP.

  21. #71
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    so yfull put some ancient guanches sample
    in there tree.....

    GUN011 which is dated to 695–888 C.E
    anyway cool
    https://yfull.com/tree/E-PF2546*/


    p.s

    i wish they have done it for other ancient e1b1b1 samples also....
    Last edited by kingjohn; 14-08-20 at 17:46.

  22. #72
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    e-m81 is more than 5% in ille de france and auvergane
    source : https://www.fsigeneticssup.com/artic...234-0/fulltext
    and this research was done on people with french surnames
    i think the spread of e-m81 is more complicated it exist in france in areas that were not under muslim rule

    i add the table of research because we cant see it in the link i added :

    Region Nb BD E* E-M35* E-M78 E-M81 E-M34 G I J1 J2 K N1c P* R1a R1b1 T
    1 Alsace 80 0 0 0 6.25 0 3.75 2.50 8.75 1.25 8.75 1.25 0 0 3.75 58.75 5
    2 Auvergne 89 0 2.25 0 3.37 5.62 1.12 8.99 4.49 3.37 7.87 1.12 0 0 5.62 52.80 3.37
    3 Brittany 115 0 0 0 0 0 0 1.74 13.04 0.87 2.61 0 0 0 0.87 80.88 0
    4 Île-de-France 91 0 10.99 0 4.40 5.49 1.10 4.40 7.69 1.10 5.49 0 1.10 0 2.20 56.05 0
    5 Midi-Pyrénées 67 0 1.49 1.49 2.99 1.49 1.49 4.48 10.45 4.48 7.46 0 0 0 2.99 59.69 1.49
    6 Nord-Pas-de-Calais 68 0 1.47 1.47 5.88 4.41 0 7.35 8.82 0 5.88 0 0 0 2.94 61.76 0
    7 Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur 45 2.22 0 2.22 8.89 2.22 0 6.67 8.89 0 6.67 0 0 4.44 0 55.55 2.22
    Mainland France 555 0.32 2.31 0.74 4.54 2.75 1.07 5.16 8.88 1.58 6.39 0.34 0.16 0.63 2.62 60.78 1.73

    this research was real
    here the map of provinces from which samples were taken( with haplogroups)
    https://i.imgur.com/PcNGA22.jpg

  23. #73
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    this research was real
    here the map of provinces from which samples were taken( with haplogroups)
    https://i.imgur.com/PcNGA22.jpg


    Modern frequencies for France normally aren't all that helpful, I'm afraid. There are lots and lots of North Africans in southeastern France as well as in other parts of France. It can total 20% or more of the population. You should visit Marseilles.

    I'd be very surprised if the study from which the pie chart comes used only men with French last names. Could you direct me to the page in the study where it says that? It seems a bit unlikely given how French law prohibits "racial" or ethnic identification in most matters.

    We also shouldn't forget Fraxinetum, and it's possible effect not only on Provence, but neighboring areas. I think the Auvergne could be explained that way through a spread from there and then some founder effect if it's really found in men with French surnames. After all, Nimes, where three Berber skeletons of the Medieval period were buried facing Mecca, is not all that far from some parts of the Auvergne.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinetum



    It seems that some percentage of the pirates were actually Muslim converts from Andalucia, which might be another reason for some Iberian specific R1b in that area and even western Liguria.

    Of course, given the small number of men, their autosomal signature would have been wiped out pretty quickly.

    Unless the yDna analysis got down very far into subclades to determine if these are men with parentage from North Africa recently or from the Middle Ages, I would think.

  24. #74
    Regular Member kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    925

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Presefardi -BY96055
    MtDNA haplogroup
    from plovdiv h3ap

    Country: Uruguay



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Modern frequencies for France normally aren't all that helpful, I'm afraid. There are lots and lots of North Africans in southeastern France as well as in other parts of France. It can total 20% or more of the population. You should visit Marseilles.

    I'd be very surprised if the study from which the pie chart comes used only men with French last names. Could you direct me to the page in the study where it says that? It seems a bit unlikely given how French law prohibits "racial" or ethnic identification in most matters.

    We also shouldn't forget Fraxinetum, and it's possible effect not only on Provence, but neighboring areas. I think the Auvergne could be explained that way through a spread from there and then some founder effect if it's really found in men with French surnames. After all, Nimes, where three Berber skeletons of the Medieval period were buried facing Mecca, is not all that far from some parts of the Auvergne.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinetum



    It seems that some percentage of the pirates were actually Muslim converts from Andalucia, which might be another reason for some Iberian specific R1b in that area and even western Liguria.

    Of course, given the small number of men, their autosomal signature would have been wiped out pretty quickly.

    Unless the yDna analysis got down very far into subclades to determine if these are men with parentage from North Africa recently or from the Middle Ages, I would think.
    yes i was in marseilles when i was 22 years old that was 13 years ago lol
    and there were indeed many algerians there but i also saw many italians
    and armenians
    i liked marseilles it fealt very cosmopolitan i didn't fealt stranger there .....

    yes the people in this research are with french surname


    2. Materials and methods

    Sample collection was performed drawing blood of unrelated male individuals with French surname after informed consent.

    source:

    https://www.fsigeneticssup.com/artic...234-0/fulltext



    p.s
    some branches of e-m81 could be pretty old in france 300-500 AD
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY9753/


    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-A1152/

    but i am open minded to the nimes e-m81 samples that could be somehow related to
    auvergne :)



    Last edited by kingjohn; 15-08-20 at 18:52.

  25. #75
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,194


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjohn View Post
    yes i was in marseilles when i was 22 years old that was 13 years ago lol
    and there were indeed many algerians there but i also saw many italians
    and armenians
    i liked marsile it fealt very cosmopolitan i didn't fealt stranger there .....

    yes the people in this research are with french surname
    2. Materials and methods

    Sample collection was performed drawing blood of unrelated male individuals with French surname after informed consent.

    source:

    https://www.fsigeneticssup.com/artic...234-0/fulltext



    p.s
    some branches of e-m81 could be pretty old in france 300-500 AD
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY9753/


    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-A1152/

    but i am open minded to the nimes e-m81 samples that could be somehow related to
    auvergne :)


    Thanks. That’s very interesting indeed.

    The name of the paper escapes me now but I think I remember reading somewhere that migration to Spain from North Africa actually began before the massive invasion. I wonder if E-M81 just migrated around the rim of the Mediterranean there a bit. I also don’t know exactly where all the Roman north African cavalry units were stationed.

    I also think I remember one Scottish clan is E-M81.

    I have to admit I’m not a big fan of Marseilles itself; Port cities are always dirty and crime ridden, but I love the rest of Provence. It was once ours, you know, hence all the Italian surnames. :)

    I go every year in the summer when I'm in Italy. I've made good friends there. It's only a few hours drive and I feel just like I'm still home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •