Are Gypsies Eastern European Genetically?

That is not true. I have just checked frequencies from Underhill et al. (2009) these are results: Netherlands 40% of R1a is M458, South Sweden 11%, Denmark 8%, Germany 35%, Austria 20%, and Poland 55%. Look that it is only M458 and Z280 was not tested. I would rather tell that R1a in continental Germanics is in majority of Slavic origin, and especially in Germany and Netherlands in vast majority, while in Norwegians and English men it is absent or very rare.

23andMe is supposed to be accurate to modern borders right? So it shouldn't show ancient slavic. If I have Eastern European Ancestry that means the last 500 years, correct?

Maciamo posted map of east European admixture, according to this map Bavarians supposedly have between 15 and 30% of it. So that could be the answer of your question. I thing the borders have nothing to do with it.

North-West europeans with zero East-Euro ancestry? That would be a very artificial separation because east-west fst distance is very small in the north due to the large paleolithic and indo-european north-european component shared by both, the north east and north west.

North-West europeans with zero East-Euro ancestry? That would be a very artificial separation because east-west fst distance is very small in the north due to the large paleolithic and indo-european north-european component shared by both, the north east and north west.

23andMe does not use prehistoric admixture that I am aware of. Some whose ancestors all came from Ireland should show up as 100% British/Irish on 23andMe.

Would you like me to do another test on GEDMatch and share the results?

23andMe does not use prehistoric admixture that I am aware of. Some whose ancestors all came from Ireland should show up as 100% British/Irish on 23andMe.

Ok, but there is a limited precision of 90% it seems. Is your East-Euro ancestry < 10%?

According to Dodecad V3 I'm 10.6 percent East European and 2.36 Southwest Asian.

I did do research and my research found that Gypsies are predominately mixed with Europeans. Some people reported that they were 70-90 percent Euro in ancestry and I though many came from Eastern Euro.

No chance. Gypsies are easily distinguishable in the mass of people by their looks, even here in the Southern Europe. They are very dark skinned.

It does not matter if you don't have a known Slavic ancestor. This is the point o doing a genetic test. Discovering UNKNOWN ancestors not confirming known. I do not understand why you find it so odd that you have Eastern European admixture. I am Southeastern European and I have around 20% North-West European admixture, which I am also trying to identify. Remember that there have been numerous population movements from east to west Europe and vice versa during the last 8000 years.

Do not forget the linguistic fact, that gypsy languages are the closest to the ancient Sanskrit language :)))))

This thread has been viewed 27869 times.

Back