New map of mtDNA haplogroup L

L1b1a

I have been told my great great grandparents were Jewish, my MtDNA is L1b1a my autosomal DNA is different with 3 companies, consisting generally with about 65% North Western Europe with smaller percentages with 23 & Me of West Asian and North African, West African and Spanish & Portuguese etc FTDNA gave me 20% Southern European and My Heritage gave me 27% Greece and Balkans. As I have been able to trace all ancestors with a paper trail for at least 10 generations back except for my great great grandparents I am assuming that the Southern European etc % is from them? Only problem is The great great grandfather was born in England and the great great grandmother was born in Ireland. I am a direct female to female descendent of hers and carry the same haplogroup of L1b1a. How does L1b1a fit in with Ireland? Thanks!

Hi Flavia,

I am a L3f1b too (subclade L3f1b6). My subclade seems to be quite frequent in Asturias (NW Spain). According to Wikipedia it reached Iberia in a very remote time:
There is at least one relatively deep non-M, non-N clade of L3 outside Africa, L3f1b6, which is found at a frequency of 1% in Asturias, Spain. It diverged from African L3 lineages at least 10,000 years ago.

There is a few of us in a FB group (I don't have enough points to include links).

Regards
Fernando, Madrid

Check out LIONFARM2023 Synthetic Sunday of L3

This thread has been viewed 217391 times.

Back