Y-DNA of Sumerians?

Some Sumerians farmers migrated into the Indus Valley. Inthat area there's a lot J2a (& G2a) and R1a* and almost no other 'West Asian' haplogroups or 'Near Eastern' like J1. So West Asians (Sumerians and other proto-Iranics) that migrated into Indus valley belonged most probablyto J2a and R1a!

Listen, R1a was certainly among the indo-European indo-Iranians that invaded Iran, but I truly don't think R1a has anything to do with early Sumerians.

R1a has been present in India from a very different source than Sumerian invaders lolllll, trust me, the indo-Aryan's where R1a and a branch of indo-Europeans; R1a is certainly present in Central Asia, but this is due to indo-European expansions.

R1a is originally either from Central Asia or the Iranian Plateau. Even R1a* type to which I do belong is much older than the most modern subclades of R1a in Eastern Europe. My R1a* is ANCESTRAL to the European R1a and not vice versa. The R1a* haplogroup to which I do belong is not from Euriope. So, I mean, if R1* is from Central Asia or the Iranian Plateau, if R1b is from that region, if R2 is from that region, why should R1a NOT be from that region? That wouldn't make any sense. R1a folks didn't have wings, they couldn't fly, lol. Like R1*, R2*, R1b is also R1a originally not far from the source... The Sumerians were not Semitic, so it's a HUGE chance that the Sumerians also belonged to R1a, because there's a lot R1a in the area where Sumerians lived...

Listen, R1a was certainly among the indo-European indo-Iranians that invaded Iran, but I truly don't think R1a has anything to do with early Sumerians.

Indo-Iranians NEVER invaded the Iranian Plateau. Why? Because proto-Iranic tribes ARE and were native to the Iranian Plateau! I mean, my race is Iranic, I've almost for 30% Gedrosia genes in me, I do belong to hg. R1a*. So where do you thing my Gedrosia genes are from???

All R1a stems from the Russian plains just north of the Caspian Sea in my opinion, then some of it re-entered the Iranian plateau and Central Asia; think of the indo-European homeland as the home of pretty much all R.

I would put the home of R somewhere in central or western Kazhakstan. OUT of the Middle East, a tad north of the Caspian Sea, westernmost Kazakhstan-ish region.

From here some would head west into Europe, other branches south and east, back into Iran for example and most notably Central Asia (India,Afghanistan, the Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan etc. region).

All R1a stems from the Russian plains just north of the Caspian Sea in my opinion, then some of it re-entered the Iranian plateau and Central Asia; think of the indo-European homeland as the home of pretty much all R.
Impossible. It's a well known fact that subclades of R1a* hg. in West Asia are older than in Europe. R1a entered Western-Eastern Europe from West Asia, like it's big brother hg. R1b did.
w0n7.jpg

Even if it's true that R1a emerged in Asia, it could be that it passed between Caspian and Black sea, settled there, populated area, and only later started spreading to East and South Europe, Iran, and India.
All scenarios are possible, so don't be so persuasive.

Can we get more opinions on this matter? I see a debate on its way within the next 24-72 hours lol

Even if it's true that R1a emerged in Asia, it could be that it passed between Caspian and Black sea, settled there, populated area, and only later started spreading to East and South Europe, Iran, and India.
All scenarios are possible, so don't be so persuasive.
What you're claiming is indeed possible. But If R1a came to Eastern Europe directly from the Steppes it should took a passage between the Caspian Sea and the Ural Mountais. But in north of the Caspian Sea area they didn't find any old subclades of R1a. And I don't think that R1a arrived in Russia through the Ural Mountais, because Ural Mountains are not really that high but it's very cold there. It could serve like a natural barrier, like Hindu Kush or Himalaya against such a massive migration wave. Also, I don't think R1a arrived in West Asia via the Caucasus either, because there's not so much R1a in the Caucasus and the Caucasus mountains are very high and rough. And how do you explain that R1a in Western Europe is older than R1a in Eastern Europe if R1a entered Europe from (Eur)Asian Steppes? The only explanations must be the CentralAsian - Iranian Plateau corridor that served as a natural passage of R1a like it happened with R1b. And yet, with your theory it's still possible that the Sumerians belonged partly to R1a! R1a in West Asia is maybe older than the Sumerians.
But I don't understand where some fellas get wicked ideas that R1a is from Eastern Europe? There's absolutely no indication for it. No facts, no archaeological proves, no R1a lineages that support this, nothing…

What you're claiming is indeed possible.
Possible just as any other option. As for now, this is the theory that suits well with the other data.
http://www.eupedia.com/images/content/R1a_migration_map.jpg

But If R1a came to Eastern Europe directly from the Steppes it should took a passage between the Caspian Sea and the Ural Mountais. But in north of the Caspian Sea area they didn't find any old subclades of R1a.
Not finding any doesn't mean that there were none 10 thousand years ago. How many skeletons of that age were tested?

And I don't think that R1a arrived in Russia through the Ural Mountais, because Ural Mountains are not really that high but it's very cold there. It could serve like a natural barrier, like Hindu Kush or Himalaya against such a massive migration wave. Also, I don't think R1a arrived in West Asia via the Caucasus either, because there's not so much R1a in the Caucasus and the Caucasus mountains are very high and rough.
Not that high, there are passages. FRIW they could have canoed by the shore :)

And how do you explain that R1a in Western Europe is older than R1a in Eastern Europe if R1a entered Europe from (Eur)Asian Steppes?
Is and was are two different things. You can't make definite theories about what the situation was before, just by using current distributions. They can be used as indication for archaeologists where to search.

That map is excellent; why is R1a predominantly only found in eastern Iran at 35%; unlike the opposite side of Iran (the west) that has a total combination 40% J (30% J2 and 10% J1) and very little R1a. Why is there very little R1a in the Caucasus region (inability to cross from Russian plains towards Caucasus possibly), this map explains it all. It originated somewhere a tad north of the Caspian Sea in more of the Russia/Kazakhstan region; not peninsular Iran., it would subsequently have spread from its origin location, the Sumerians were not R1a folk, in my opinion.

R1a first migrated from the plains of Central Asia south wards towards northeastern Iran (indo-Iranians) and not the other way around; same for the indo-Aryan's and the branches found across Uzbekistan,Tajikistan,Afghanistan,Turkmenistan,Pakistan, Nepal etc. they arrived there more recently. This puts it's origin farther to the east of "north of the Caucasus mountains", possibly extreme western Kazakhstan just north and east of the Caspian Sea.

That map is excellent; why is R1a predominantly only found in eastern Iran at 35%; unlike the opposite side of Iran (the west) that has a total combination 40% J (30% J2 and 10% J1) and very little R1a. Why is there very little R1a in the Caucasus region (inability to cross from Russian plains towards Caucasus possibly), this map explains it all. It originated somewhere a tad north of the Caspian Sea in more of the Russia/Kazakhstan region; not peninsular Iran., it would subsequently have spread from its origin location, the Sumerians were not R1a folk, in my opinion.
B*llcrap. Kurds (the Medes) and Persians have the same amount of Gedrosia component in them, around 30%. that means that ancient Iranic people had at least 30% of Gedrosia component in them. Gedrosia is a West Asian component and native to the Iranian Plateau.

Once again, the R1a* hg. to which I do belong is older than R1a1a1 (M17). My haplogorup R1a* PREDATES 'M17'. And i'm native to the Zagros Mountains/the Iranian Plateau. How do you guys explain this???

This thread has been viewed 183253 times.

Back