Thread: New Member introduction

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-L22+ (I1d) M253+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1

Ethnic group
    European

New Member introduction

Hi Everyone, I am new on this forum and also new to DNA as an interest, so I envisage to be asking quite a lot of questions, plus I am not very good on computers thanks!

Marquis

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

May I ask what your nationality is on your paternal side?

Marquis

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

The name is Spanish, your flag is Irish and I'm trying to give you more information on the relative spread/presence of I1 in your native country, but I don't quite know where you come from lol

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-L22+ (I1d) M253+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1

Ethnic group
    European

Sorry my Paternal side is Irish , the Caballero comes from my hobby horse riding and I have just returned from Argentina and Uruguay and was riding there my Castallano is very limited though. My Ma's side, Maternal is all Irish too. I have a wee bit Scottish on the opposite sides husbands and wife's married into Paternal and Maternal. However as you can see I have I haplogroups on both Mam and Dad's ancestors!

Marquis

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a3 (T-PF7443)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

A horse rider, huh? : ), very chill, anyways, being Irish your haplogroup represents about 5% of the males on a national level; you are deffinetly in the minority.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-L22+ (I1d) M253+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    I1a1

Ethnic group
    European

Any help appreciated, Ta!

Incidentally!!! Can anyone inform me of L205 hapolgroup SNP ( or whatever it is classed as) region of origin and settlement, if there is any that is? I know virtually nothing about DNA research and values etc, Iv'e had a few SNP tests done the only ones + are of course on my profile. I have some weird values at certain STR according to a leading expert in this field, the six ones in question were re-tested and came up the same. I am awaiting a very late result test from FTDNA for L205. The expert envisages I have a high probability of being + for this! My ignorance of terms and the actual science of this all is that when I work it takes up my whole day, ling hours etc, so I haven't had time to expand my knowledge, forgive me for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Caballero View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new on this forum and also new to DNA as an interest, so I envisage to be asking quite a lot of questions, plus I am not very good on computers thanks!
    Hello Everyone,

I am new here as well and just wanted to say 'Hello'!
    I am doing my PhD in Psychology on Autism and Sexuality in Victoria, Australia
    I'll be putting up the link to my study in the Psychology forum and encourage any one interested to have a look.

Hoping to share and learn with you all
    Thank you.