Euro7 by DODECAD

gervais

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L21
mtDNA haplogroup
U4c1
Not very known apparently, Euro7 by DODECAD seems nevertheless very interressant for the Europeans!
http://dodecad.blogspot.fr/2011/09/euro7-calculator.html
4 zones of Europe easy to interpret: Northwestern, Northeastern, Southeastern and Southwestern. + Caucasus, African and Far_Asian

This is my results:
Caucasus: 4,73
Northwestern: 42,18
Northeastern: 19,39
Southeastern: 14,85
African: 0,11
Far Asian: 0,01
Southwestern: 18,73

I was able to make a graph with the average of the differents countries and ...me.
I am surprised because all my ancestors come from the Northwest of France (Brittany / Maine). I put in pink, the zone where I would have been able to think of being there. But I am clearly moved eastward!

If you have the possibility of testing Euro7, I would be happy to compare with your results (and I could put you on the graph if you want! :rolleyes:)
Europeandme.jpg

Ahh i remember this test :)
I have my results from ages ago, i could run more recent profiles i have with it too, but probably not at the moment.

6.34% Caucasus
47.29% Northwestern
20.21% Northeastern
10.56% Southeastern
0.36% African
0.43% Far_Asian
14.82% Southwestern

We seem to be similar except i'm just a bit more northern i think.

Not very known apparently, Euro7 by DODECAD seems nevertheless very interressant for the Europeans!
http://dodecad.blogspot.fr/2011/09/euro7-calculator.html
4 zones of Europe easy to interpret: Northwestern, Northeastern, Southeastern and Southwestern. + Caucasus, African and Far_Asian

This is my results:
Caucasus: 4,73
Northwestern: 42,18
Northeastern: 19,39
Southeastern: 14,85
African: 0,11
Far Asian: 0,01
Southwestern: 18,73

I was able to make a graph with the average of the differents countries and ...me.
I am surprised because all my ancestors come from the Northwest of France (Brittany / Maine). I put in pink, the zone where I would have been able to think of being there. But I am clearly moved eastward!

If you have the possibility of testing Euro7, I would be happy to compare with your results (and I could put you on the graph if you want! :rolleyes:)
View attachment 6126

I see what you mean about your results seeming unusual, the only other results i've seen of people from Brittany put them close to the British Isles, in particular the Irish and Cornish - But i don't know how typical they are. Maybe there is just a lot of variation in northern France, or you have ancestry from somewhere to the south-east that you don't know about, pulling you in that direction?

What do you get for some other tests on GEDmatch?

Being from the Brittany region of northwestern France, this explains a lot about your R-L21, frequencies can go as high as ~40% of this subclade in this particular region although frequencies fall rapidly even within Brittany (40 then down to 30%) and by the time we reach adjoining provinces the frequencies have already dropped to 10-20%; most of France has between 5 and 10% R-L21.

England has 35-40%, Scotland and Wales more like 45-55% and Ireland has upwards of 65-75% on a national level; their national subclade of R-P312* and of all R-M269 in general.

Ahh i remember this test :)
I have my results from ages ago, i could run more recent profiles i have with it too, but probably not at the moment.

6.34% Caucasus
47.29% Northwestern
20.21% Northeastern
10.56% Southeastern
0.36% African
0.43% Far_Asian
14.82% Southwestern

We seem to be similar except i'm just a bit more northern i think.

Hey! We're almost neighbors! (y)

I'm not on Gedmatch. I use "do it Yourself" of Dodecad.

Finally, country averages are perhaps not representative ...
Europe2.jpg

Jackson seems to pull closest towards Germany whereas you're closer to France but more or less in between France AND Germany as well; Jackson also pulls closer towards the Netherlands.

Jackson seems to pull closest towards Germany whereas you're closer to France but more or less in between France AND Germany as well; Jackson also pulls closer towards the Netherlands.

I think it shows that there are differences between an individual and the average of his country. After all, the current borders are not genetic borders!

I think it shows that there are differences between an individual and the average of his country. After all, the current borders are not genetic borders!

That is most likely true. Although i do appear to have a little bit of Italian ancestry (i think only 3%, but enough to pull me a bit out of the norm). Thanks for including me in the plot. :) If you want i can include some other family members? I think my mother would probably be very close to where you are, maybe slightly to the east.

England has 35-40%, Scotland and Wales more like 45-55% and Ireland has upwards of 65-75% on a national level; their national subclade of R-P312* and of all R-M269 in general.

35-40% is more the case in northern, western and south-western areas for the most part, central and south-east areas generally have 10-20%, although it's around 20-30% along the Welsh border.

My father's results:
3.60% Caucasus
50.53% Northwestern
20.27% Northeastern
8.87% Southeastern
0.06% African
0.67% Far Asian
16% Southwestern

Grandfather:
4.09% Caucasus
49.17% Northwestern
23.01% Northeastern
7.50% Southeastern
0% African
0.62% Far Asian
15.61% Southwestern

Mother:
9.24% Caucasus
42.93% Northwestern
22.51% Northeastern
11.23% Southeastern
0.12% African
0.02% Far Asian
13.96% Southwestern

Aunt (Mother's Sister):
5.34% Caucasus
46.11% Northwestern
22.80% Northeastern
12.23% Southeastern
0.09% African
0.02% Far Asian
13.41% Southwestern

Grandmother (Dad's mother):
3.44% Caucasus
51.64% Northwestern
17.22% Northeastern
9.82% Southeastern
0.05% African
0.67% Far Asian
17.15% Southwestern

I received (at long last) my autsomals by BRITAIN DNA
(ref- mt DNA: H3c - Y DNA R1b-S145* (not found any known downstream SNP)

global ref.
Native American 1%
Pacific 1%
East Asian 0%
North Asian 2% (Siberian?)
South Asian 0% (Dravidian?)
European 66% (North and Basque and South?)
South-West Asian 11% (Arabic)
West Eurasian 16% (Caucasian-Gedrosian)
East African 2%
Pan African 1%
Ancient African 0%

Europe only
Finnish 7%
Askhenazes 8%
Anatolian-Caucasian 11%
Steppic Turc 1%
Balto-Slavic 20%
North-West Europe 24%
Mediterranean 8%
Basque Iberian 21%

just for info - I'm Breton (Morbihan-Côtes d'Armor) by ma father and Île-de-France by ma mother (village 40 KM S-W Paris)
the problem is that every "firm" has its classifications...

I agree with Jackson's comment on R-L21 in England, the national frequency can be quantified at around 35%. Btw I didn't know you had an American southern drawl accent Moesan! By "ma" mother, it's interesting coming from a Frenchman?

That is most likely true. Although i do appear to have a little bit of Italian ancestry (i think only 3%, but enough to pull me a bit out of the norm). Thanks for including me in the plot. :) If you want i can include some other family members? I think my mother would probably be very close to where you are, maybe slightly to the east.

Well, you are between dad and mom!(y)
Do you father and mother come to the same region of England?
Europe2.jpg

EDIT: On the graph, I take account only European elements which I return to 100%

I agree with Jackson's comment on R-L21 in England, the national frequency can be quantified at around 35%. Btw I didn't know you had an American southern drawl accent Moesan! By "ma" mother, it's interesting coming from a Frenchman?

fun! joke! but it is just an orthographic error!

speaking about autosomals, if people are from the same region for enough generations, they will have a very close distribution (%s) of autosomals gerographic origin, even if, in details, it will not be everytime the same autosomals shared for the same regions that will be involved -
by instance, two men (or women) of the same region can have the pigmentation of 2 very different types and the facial form of the same 2 very different types, but crossed (even more: they can have a "crossed" pigmentation as blond hair-brown eyes versus black hair-blue eyes, by crossing-over) - and the same for a quantity of other genes: they will have as a mean the same proportions of autosomals from different regions of common ancestors -
but if a parent is from an other (remote enough region with a very different history), the son or the daughter will have a different enough proportion of genes compared to "autochtonous" people of the other parent -
the interest of autosomals distribution is that a small number of people tested is enough for a small region - the problems begin with large countries, they always have different enough local histories I think (Auvergne, Brittany, Basque country, Alsace...by instance in France)

southeastern30,96
southwestern18
northwestern17,2
northeastern17,19
caucasus16,63
far asian0,02
african0

Southeastern37.48%
Caucasus35.94%
Southwestern10.84%
Northeastern5.59%
Northwestern5.41%
Far_Asian4.02%
African0.72%

And here are a friend's results (he comes from northwest Greece)

southeastern29,97
southwestern18,22
northwestern21,02
northeastern16,68
caucasus13,71
far asian0,01
african0,39

And here are a friend's results (he comes from northwest Greece)

southeastern29,97
southwestern18,22
northwestern21,02
northeastern16,68
caucasus13,71
far asian0,01
african0,39

More NW than NE?
That is weird,for South East Europe.

This thread has been viewed 25948 times.

Back