Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Samuel P. Huntington - The Clash of Civilizations

Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class250 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 0%

Samuel P. Huntington - The Clash of Civilizations

Huntington in his theory specifies that the era of ideologies and conflicts between has ended now the rivalry is between the civilizations. According to him the main conflicts in the future will occur because of the differences between the cultures. Especially after the cold-war the importance of the conflict in civilizations or cultural conflicts has increased.

He mentiones main civilizations in the world as:

Western Civilization: Western Europe, Northern America, Australia and New Zealand.
    Orthodox Countries: Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Greece
    Latin America: Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile, Mexico...
    Islamic Countries: Middle East, Central Asia, North Africa, Indonesia, Pakistan, Somalia
    India : Continental India and Nepal
    China: Including Korea, Vietnam and Taiwan
    Japan: Mixture of Chinese and Altaic civilization

Apart from these main types according to Huntington's theory there are also isolated countries like Israel, Turkey, Ethiopia which do not belong any of the above mentioned groups.

According to his theory Russia and India; China and Iran are natural allies.

http://irglobal.blogspot.com

-International Relations Global - IRGlobal

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

Its allready a discredited theory. The world is globalizing and there will be a single civilisation. In Samuels mind civilisation is the same like religion. He was some kind of hiden Christian fondamentalist. For him Turkey was a hardcore islamic country. I don't know where you find it "isolated"

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by albanopolis View Post
    Its allready a discredited theory. The world is globalizing and there will be a single civilisation. In Samuels mind civilisation is the same like religion. He was some kind of hiden Christian fondamentalist. For him Turkey was a hardcore islamic country. I don't know where you find it "isolated"
    I agree that in some distant future all cultures will blend into global one, however it won't happen without conflicts between existing cultures and resistance.
    During the process I don't think there will be only one existing culture that will win and dominate others. I think it will be a blend of many aspects of many cultures, some obviously will have a greater influence than others, but it will be a mix nevertheless.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.