Was T brought to Madagascar via Omani and Persian slave traders ?

Hey my name is Makaahil I am an ethnic Somali my Y-DNA is T1a1a, I have been searching the internet and there is not that much information out regarding the Haplogroup T when compared to other haplogroups. I also find it odd that only 10-15% of Somalis carry this haplogroup as opposed the great majority of my people who carry E3b haplogroups in their DNA.

My great grandfather went to Madagascar to mine for gold, there was a big gold rush during his time. From what I know he did get married to a local woman but left Madagascar once word reached him that most of his immediate relatives were killed during clan skirmishes so he left Madagascar right away, to this day we do not know if he left any children behind. I doubt he was the only man from the Horn of Africa to end up with a local woman from Madagascar, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people from Madagascar who have T as their paternal haplogroup got it from people from the Horn of Africa.

Hey my name is Makaahil I am an ethnic Somali my Y-DNA is T1a1a, I have been searching the internet and there is not that much information out regarding the Haplogroup T when compared to other haplogroups. I also find it odd that only 10-15% of Somalis carry this haplogroup as opposed the great majority of my people who carry E3b haplogroups in their DNA.

My great grandfather went to Madagascar to mine for gold, there was a big gold rush during his time. From what I know he did get married to a local woman but left Madagascar once word reached him that most of his immediate relatives were killed during clan skirmishes so he left Madagascar right away, to this day we do not know if he left any children behind. I doubt he was the only man from the Horn of Africa to end up with a local woman from Madagascar, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people from Madagascar who have T as their paternal haplogroup got it from people from the Horn of Africa.

hi

read capredon and mendez from the link...it will help you

http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpT.html

hi

read capredon and mendez from the link...it will help you

It seems like this link has given me the answers I have been looking for but I have just as many questions after reading the abstracts/articles.

Thank You

This thread has been viewed 18886 times.

Back