neanderthal_skull_100.jpg

Neanderthal left, Human right
Neanderthal-and-Cro-Magnon-skulls.jpg

Neanderthal-Cro-Magnon.jpg

Last edited:
Cro Magnon

cro-magnon-skull-542-485-45.jpg

cro-magnon-skull-350-500-31.jpg

I'm not sure if this jaw looks original?

bc-093-c-lg.jpg

Cro Magnon from Southwest Germany

La Braña 1, 5,000 BCE

gbhjnik.jpg

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-spanish-hunter-gatherer-blue-eyes-dark.html

Last edited:
LBK skull, 5,000 BC
The archaeological site of
Herxheim, located in the municipality of Herxheim in southwest Germany, was a ritual center and a mass grave formed by people of theLinearbandkeramik (LBK) culture in Neolithic Europe. The site is often compared to that of the Talheim Death Pit and Schletz-Asparn, but is quite different in nature. The site dates from between 5300 and 4950 BC
600px-Schaedel_Herxheim_01.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schaedel_Herxheim_01.jpg

Supposedly this is Loschbour skull. 6,000 BCE

Lochsbourskull.png

The Loschbour skull.
The prominent browridge
is very unusual for
Paleolithic Europeans.

loschbour.jpg

Last edited:
Don't Lochsbour and Motala look more archaic? They have quite slanted forehead and strong eye brow ridges. The hg I2a and mt U trait?

On other hand La Brana hg C6 looks more Chro Magnoid and more modern.

LBK skull, their contemporary looks very modern.

Otzi, the ice man 3,300 BCE
article-0-19378B80000005DC-891_306x436.jpg

Do we have Stuttgart man skull, the EEF?

skulls2at4.jpg
skulls1pa5.jpg

The Combe-Capelle age of 35,000 BP is not correct anymore, it is much younger:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe-Capelle

The famous Homo sapiens from Combe Capelle was for a long time considered to be a Paleolithic Cro-Magnon man and one of the oldest findings of modern humans in Europe. However, in 2011 collagen from a tooth of the skull in Berlin was dated with accelerator mass spectrometry to an age of only 7575 BC.[1] Consequently, it was clearly a man of the Epipaleolithic (Holocene).

Cro Magnon
I'm not sure if this jaw looks original?

bc-093-c-lg.jpg

Cro Magnon from Southwest Germany
thiq "cromagnon" is not a pure 'cromagnon':
too large and to rounded orbits and too high orbits, too high and narrow mandibule (lower jaw); the crania only shows some references - very too often ancient scientists named "cromagnoid" mesolithical people of diverse origin, very often crossed with the 'c-capelle-brünn' phylum -
this one by the way presents (for me at first sight at a single angle picture) NO c-capelle-brünn' trend
an amateur analysis

i,nteresting - thanks -
as an amateur I would say the Kennewick man seems already slightly on the way to a 'mongoloid' type - (excessively flaring jaws, high orbits, soft frontal lines and anterior cheek bones (always with the risks of misinterpretation due to too lees angles of view) - but the older the skulls the less evident the differences, very often, for modern men -

Otzi, the ice man 3,300 BCE
article-0-19378B80000005DC-891_306x436.jpg

I thank again here Lebrok for his skulls posting -
concerning Ötzi, when I saw his skull I did not feal it as a 'mediterranean' crania, and I keep on thinking that - I said and I say again he shows features where more than a type is implied and among them some 'cromagnoid' features, on na 'alpine' way (I lack metric measures but it seems more mesocehpalic than true dolicho- or subdolichocephalic) - the skull is low, the orbits retains yet some cromagnoid traits - its lines are very far from the gentle mediterranean eastern types which appeared at Neolitical daybreak in western and eastern Europe (high skull, very dolichocephalic, narrower jaws, longer and narrower upper face, higher and rounder eyescokets... I confess it is a rough analysis because I lack measures and different angles of sight but... Ötzi was a mix where dominated yet mesolithical traits upon more m'editerranean' ones so the autosomlas dominant 'mediterranean' classification deserves surely to be refined...
I have yet some problem with the less 'north european' and more 'mediterranean' classification of Northern Italians compared to Iberians too

the only point for Ötzi which differs it from ancestral western Europeans is the narrow inferior jaw

there a skull considered by Wikipedia as one of the Hirxheim ones on their site about Hirxheim - it seems different from the other, more rugged, more "viril" - more between 'cromagnon' and 'brünn' even if partially gracalized, very little influenced by south-eastern types??? even the one Lebrok produced is far from being a good example for firts neolithical agricultors if I judge upon these too single photos... but ONE angle picture is very poor help... the LBK of western Germany differed from one place to another I think: some genuine farmers and acculturated hunters gatherers according to places

Don't Lochsbour and Motala look more archaic? They have quite slanted forehead and strong eye brow ridges. The hg I2a and mt U trait?

On other hand La Brana hg C6 looks more Chro Magnoid and more modern.

LBK skull, their contemporary looks very modern.

I agree and to my eyes LBK is not less Cro Magnoid than both HGs. Merely the lower jaw is slightly narrower as Moesan also pointed out.

I find an almost 100% resemblance between Combe-Capelle (France) and Roonka (Australia), as if they were twins. Noticeably they both are of similar age. I wonder what it means...

Thank you for the image collection, it is very useful to have it in one place.

Did Neanderthals have canine teeth like Sapiens? Do you think N teeth from post one are authentic?
Wisdom1_May10.JPG

This thread has been viewed 77030 times.

Back