Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Less than half of French people think that cheating on one's partner is wrong

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

Ethnic group
    Scottish, English and German

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    In what way? It's a true story. You're a dummy that tries to seize the wrong opportunities to look good/tough. It's both shocking; and a true story. You need to take your military boots off "mister manly man" LOL. "Awwwww, you cowardly piece of *******"; stop trying to act like that tough guy in the movies, some sissies search for any opportunity to prove that they're half-a-man I guess! It seems you've gotten yourself all worked up over nothing, my re-canting of a real life story.
    Any male who says he approves of violence against women isn't a man. I'm not going to bother discussing this any more with the likes of you.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

It takes a real man to know that. If I could give you a hundred points, I would.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 437

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh

I hope that John123 simply mixed up the words "condone" and "condemn," like he mixed up "recant" and "recite." Because if he meant "condone," that is inexcusable. Looks like he's been banned either way.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

Ethnic group

To try to get the thread back on topic, I can understand why Maciamo disapproves of the French law against paternal DNA tests. However, I suspect it was created in an attempt to avoid having the French courts clogged up with lawsuits about inheritances. If the children of a man's wife are deemed to be his offspring, he may still disinherit one that he thinks isn't his, but he can't find out for sure whether that's his child, and a person can't sue their sibling in an attempt to get their inheritance away from them if it's illegal to test for heredity. I suspect the issue of sexual "morality" was of less concern to French lawmakers than the desire to avoid an increase in lawsuits about estates.

Banned Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    I hope that John123 simply mixed up the words "condone" and "condemn," like he mixed up "recant" and "recite." Because if he meant "condone," that is inexcusable. Looks like he's been banned either way.
    That's exactly what I had meant, condemn but my grammatical capacities betrayed me. This account will soon be deleted too probably.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

While Ukrainians are taking the streets to fight for their freedom and democracy, yesterday the French were staging mass protests (500,000 participants according to the organisers) in Paris and Lyon against 'unnatural families' (gay marriage), which they perceive as a serious threat to French values and culture.

If the French were as scientific-minded as they like to think, they would know that it will soon be possible for anyone to change their gender thanks to a new form of gene therapy boosted by stem cells. I suppose that a big chunk of the French population will be opposed to that right too. But once someone has shifted gender genetically and biologically, how can you prevent them to get married with the person of their choice ?

The problem is that the collective unconscious of France got stuck in its moral development somewhere around the middle of the 20th century (some will blame the trauma of WWII). France had been at the vanguard of sciences and ethics from the 17th to the early 20th century. Now it lags behind developing countries in many respects. For instance, Uruguay was elected 'country of the year' by the Economist magazine thanks to its move to legalise gay marriage and cannabis in the same year. In contrast, France is one of the few Western European countries where simple possession of a few grammes of cannabis can still land someone in jail. And despite the legalisation of gay marriage a few months ago, a big part of the French population still cannot accept it and more people have been protesting against this issue than about any other societal, economic or political issue over the past year in France.

It has been suggested that France's huge Maghrebian community has now become such a driving force in French politics that France has regressed in its political development to a position intermediary between the Europe and North Africa. When I see how things are turning in France, I think that there may be some underlying truths behind such claims.

It's funny that I should find myself defending gay rights when I do not have any friends or close relative who is gay (to my knowledge, at least). But it's a matter of principle, fairness and common sense.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H4

Ethnic group

If the French ultra-right is finding common ground with the muslims they usually love to hate on conservative issues, that's a scary development. But I still think that the law against DNA paternity tests probably has less to do with any ideas about sexual morality than it has to do with protecting the certainty of inheritances and property rights, sometimes at the expense of those who would otherwise inherit if DNA testing was done. What the government probably doesn't want is for someone to be able to start a lengthy court case where they claim that a sibling would not have inherited if their father had known that he wasn't actually the father of that child, so they want the courts to undo property sales made by the heir who's actually someone else's child, etc. That kind of scenario could create uncertainty of property title, something that governments hate.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post

It's funny that I should find myself defending gay rights when I do not have any friends or close relative who is gay (to my knowledge, at least). But it's a matter of principle, fairness and common sense.
    Same here. Actually my viewpoint evolved from against their rights as coming from understanding homosexual behaviour as being a crazy and illogical choice, to supporting their equality in rights and social settings with understanding sexuality as hardwired in a brain at time of birth, therefore no conscious choice.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 19.0%

It has been suggested that France's huge Maghrebian community has now become such a driving force in French politics that France has regressed in its political development to a position intermediary between the Europe and North Africa. When I see how things are turning in France, I think that there may be some underlying truths behind such claims.
    I just don't understand some of their decisions. Immigrating somewhere and then going hardcore conservative against other minorities is very stupid and short-sighted because once they're done oppressing that minority it will be your turn next.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
    If the French ultra-right is finding common ground with the muslims they usually love to hate on conservative issues, that's a scary development. But I still think that the law against DNA paternity tests probably has less to do with any ideas about sexual morality than it has to do with protecting the certainty of inheritances and property rights, sometimes at the expense of those who would otherwise inherit if DNA testing was done. What the government probably doesn't want is for someone to be able to start a lengthy court case where they claim that a sibling would not have inherited if their father had known that he wasn't actually the father of that child, so they want the courts to undo property sales made by the heir who's actually someone else's child, etc. That kind of scenario could create uncertainty of property title, something that governments hate.
    I agree with that...governments also want family units to remain intact, both because, as I posted up thread, they don't want the greater society to have to assume the economic burden of raising the children, and because there is more social pathology in children from single parent households. They are taking the long and broad view in these matters. I'm afraid they are less concerned with the outraged feelings of duped husbands, other than to want to control any possible violent outbursts. Obviously, that's not very fair to the individual men in these situations, but these are the motivating societal factors behind the adoption of many laws affecting children. In real life, of course, most men don't pay the child support even for their incontestably biological children, so it's all pretty futile in the end.

In the U.S. for example, in many states a man can only seek paternity testing in the context of a divorce or a custody proceeding. Other than that he doesn't even have standing before the courts to seek it. I also think it would be extraordinarily difficult to find a lab that would do it absent a doctor's order, and I doubt a doctor would order it. That leaves only a test like 23andme offers, but as a percent of the population, very few people have ordered it, and it certainly isn't marketed that way.

In terms of trying to control or ban private genetic testing as a whole, the French government is not alone. Bills have been presented to Congress to ban it nationwide, although they haven't passed yet. On a state level, New York State has banned the taking of samples or the mailing of samples from within the state , and it has nothing to do with sexual morality. The only reason New York state residents can get tested is because the legislators, in a typically idiotic way, didn't fashion the law correctly. Who knows where the sample was taken, and it's a short drive across the state's borders to a mailbox. So, the will was there...they just didn't write the law properly, leaving a loop hole big enough for a Mack truck. In my view, this is just more nanny state trying to control every aspect of life because they know better, and it's all for your own good.

martiko Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF100
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1

Ethnic group
    european : basqueR1b/IberianI2b

It is highly ironic that the French are the most tolerant of infidelity when they are the only ones denied the opportunity to verify a child's paternity. If any man can check that he is really the father of a child even before the child is born (as it is now possible), female infidelity immediately becomes less emotionally charged as the risks for the man disappear and only infidelity "only" becomes a matter of hurt feelings.

Maciamo
    Because I'm French better than others I can answer

the project of the legislature in enacting this law: the child protection

French behavior is guided only by the modesty not to spread respect for privacy.

The other by the French law also punishes incitement to hatred.

I have difficulty accepting what you say to my people and therefore my children or my family.
    We must respect others when we want to be respected. Otherwise do not feel outrage to be served in return.

This does not mean that I personally totally agree but I can understand the reasoning of my concytoyens, which is based on humanitarian precautions and feelings of generosity. But I think that the laws can be modulated when she did not reach their destination.

martiko Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF100
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
    Post par John123
    LOL Maciamo it's so ******* true!!!! French girls are total sluts even here in North America! It must be a genetic predisposition cause it's a real phenomenon as compared to English Canadian women; the French have tendencies towards heavy infidelity; so e times I wonder if French women are unable to create emotional bonds or something; from what my friends tell me there's something deffinetly wrong with these sluts.
    Why so much compassion for him?
    Last edited by martiko; 27-02-14 at 10:24.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by martiko View Post
    Post� par John123
    LOL Maciamo it's so ******* true!!!! French girls are total sluts even here in North America! It must be a genetic predisposition cause it's a real phenomenon as compared to English Canadian women; the French have tendencies towards heavy infidelity; so e times I wonder if French women are unable to create emotional bonds or something; from what my friends tell me there's something deffinetly wrong with these sluts.

Why so much compassion for him?
    insecurity comes from the men and women who call other women sluts. They dislike the idea of these women being equal to men and have lost out on any "fantasy" relationships they thought would eventuate.

I feel sorry for these insecure people. They must keep their partners under lock and key when they leave the house.
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 132

Ethnic group
    Les rêveurs

I totally agree with you , is sometimes odd than in Latin America the average Macho Latino is proud of having many lovers ( most of the time sharing our love adventures with other friends) and a Latina doing the same is considered a s**t .

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 19.0%

We have better morals up here. In North America a man having many partners is considered a douche-bag. A woman doing the same is considered "men are pigs".

martiko Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF100
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1

Ethnic group

1 members found this post helpful.
    France in our culture is not to interfere in the private life or to judge the lives of others is a basic notion of freedom, democracy.
    If a woman or man wants to lead an intense sexual life or vice versa it is his choice. While many here mixture laxity and respect for freedom, they were probably afraid of freedom.
    We French we do not have the inquisitor and curious spirit of the lives of others and we think us that it is unhealthy to violate the privacy of a human being, because whatever the human judgment remains a human ; this mentality is unhealthy voyeurism.
    Bigotry is not default French.
    And you mixed freedom and libertinism, respect and disrespect are different values ​​in different cultures.
    It is for all these reasons I like France or my daughter is a French real because it has a mind too frank and free.
    The spirit of Joan of Arc is very representative of the French woman. Maybe in certain culture you think women are so are p ******.

5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 13.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Yes
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Yes

Ethnic group
    German

Quote Originally Posted by martiko View Post
    France in our culture is not to interfere in the private life or to judge the lives of others is a basic notion of freedom, democracy.
    If a woman or man wants to lead an intense sexual life or vice versa it is his choice. While many here mixture laxity and respect for freedom, they were probably afraid of freedom.
    We French we do not have the inquisitor and curious spirit of the lives of others and we think us that it is unhealthy to violate the privacy of a human being, because whatever the human judgment remains a human ; this mentality is unhealthy voyeurism.
    Bigotry is not default French.
    And you mixed freedom and libertinism, respect and disrespect are different values ​​in different cultures.
    It is for all these reasons I like France or my daughter is a French real because it has a mind too frank and free.
    The spirit of Joan of Arc is very representative of the French woman. Maybe in certain culture you think women are so are p ******.
    I heard that and this is really a good thing which other countries could learn from France.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Kudos to the French if they recognize that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The nature of the sexual relationship between consenting adults and what they choose to consider acceptable is no ones business but their own.

In terms of cultural dysfunction, perhaps it would be more helpful to inquire as to the number of rapes, sexual assaults of any variety, and sexual abuse of children in certain countries instead of harping on the acceptance or non acceptance of both male and female infidelity within adult sexual relationships in France. From what I recall, France is nowhere near the top of that list.

It would be very enlightening, for example, to look at the national breakdown of the so called "sexual tourists" flooding into countries in southeast Asia so they can slake their appetite for sex with children.

martiko Achievements:
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-DF100
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T1a1

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Kudos to the French if they recognize that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The nature of the sexual relationship between consenting adults and what they choose to consider acceptable is no ones business but their own.

In terms of cultural dysfunction, perhaps it would be more helpful to inquire as to the number of rapes, sexual assaults of any variety, and sexual abuse of children in certain countries instead of harping on the acceptance or non acceptance of both male and female infidelity within adult sexual relationships in France. From what I recall, France is nowhere near the top of that list.

It would be very enlightening, for example, to look at the national breakdown of the so called "sexual tourists" flooding into countries in southeast Asia so they can slake their appetite for sex with children.
    I do not think it is a problem of nationality nor the crime of blood.
    But maybe some cultures or religions or doctrine can exacerbate latent tendencies in the refoulants and the diabolisants.
    It's not hitting a lion after that is calm.

3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 3.0%

French girls

Quote Originally Posted by BakodiP View Post
    One should be careful with French girls!
    French girls like to flirt. It’s in their genes and it’s socially accepted in France.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

I have no idea why people zero in on France in this regard.

What people do should be more important, I would think, and France is not top of the list.

[IMG][/IMG]

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

I've seen these videos on the internet about dating,many of you probably think that the French girl is very attractive, I mean,she likes to play games,has alot of charisma,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9AT16...&t=0s&index=11

however my motivation would have remained somehow very low,because she seems over sensitive, just like the Turkish girl,there simply isn't much intensity .

The German and Bulgarian, too static,conventional,to be a bit "sincere", their visionary way of seeing the world,would't have helped them that much,the Polish,just too standard,the Portuguese, Latin American, too innocent.

Never looked for the perfect woman, but ,for a long term relationship, these things would have to be changed.
    Last edited by Dreptul Valah; 12-12-18 at 21:10.

1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 552

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-DF103
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1bm

Ethnic group
    Arvern

3 members found this post helpful.
    Browsing the forum has taught me so much about my own country. It would have been a pity if I had missed it. I've read with delight that French males are chauvinistic, bad-tempered, and cowardly in wartime. They drive rundown cars, are always late, complain all the time, hardly work at all between two demonstrations in the streets, and retire from work far too early.

Now I discover with unmitigated pleasure that French women are sl*ts. I wasn't aware I was such a lucky guy! I sympathize with you all, ill-fated foreigners, who will never know what it's like to have such women in your beds.

More seriously, I wish people would just let up on the French-bashing a while. Can't you just mind your own wives and businesses?
    It is therefore worth while to search out the bounds between opinion and knowledge; and examine by what measures, in things whereof we have no certain knowledge, we ought to regulate our assent and moderate our persuasion. (John Locke)

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

Irony aside,I was sincere about the French women, they're fine and perhaps too timid,but not my type;it's definitely not the time to overdrive these kind of discussions.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by hrvclv View Post
    Browsing the forum has taught me so much about my own country. It would have been a pity if I had missed it. I've read with delight that French males are chauvinistic, bad-tempered, and cowardly in wartime. They drive rundown cars, are always late, complain all the time, hardly work at all between two demonstrations in the streets, and retire from work far too early.

Now I discover with unmitigated pleasure that French women are sl*ts. I wasn't aware I was such a lucky guy! I sympathize with you all, ill-fated foreigners, who will never know what it's like to have such women in your beds.

More seriously, I wish people would just let up on the French-bashing a while. Can't you just mind your own wives and businesses?
    I completely agree.

That's why some of us have over and over again tried to counter it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast