Assembling gods, one letter at a time.

Yup, like in believing that 2 + 2 = 4 is ... "reasonable."
I think that somehow this issue looks simple to you like this equation. Sadly I see that you are light years away from reality.
The logic works as simple 2+2, however the complexity of "god DNA" engineering is astronomical. This latter part evades your attention.

Indeed! That happened cuz Yuri Gagarin ( a ... Russian from ... Soviet Union) was the first one to journey into outer space, which totally humiliated US. So the big time humiliated US tossed the $$ AND the European scientists to NASA to counter the Russians. Meanwhile US still use Russians/European rockets to park their satellites up there ...
Point being? Are we still talking accelerated progress or lack of it?

Apparently you're either unable or unwilling to understand what I'm talking about. I am NOT trying to cure baldness and so need some FDA approval that might come after your mentioned "billion dollars and 10 years" waiting period.
No, it takes ten years to scientifically/statistical prove validity of a medication. That's what FDA wants. Otherwise how do you know if stuff works? Same proof will be on you to your investors (unless you have billions yourself) to justify their investment.
Don't avoid my questions. I'm askin you for third time. How will you test engineered DNA? How will you know yourself that you are on the right track?
Are you going to talk to the DNA in a petri dish to see if it is smart? Right. How will you know then?

I'm talking here about becoming SuEn and anybody with at least a spinning neuron should take a break from playing video games and pay some attention. As quite opposed to some cherry flavored aspirin, SuEn will NEVER ask for any approval. We're not talking about curing hemorrhoids here, but about becoming SuEn and I could never care less about ethics, religion or whatever else is desperately trying to oppose science.
That's why every government and ruling scientific body will close you down faster than you open. Your arrogance and short sightedness will scare investor too. Do you remember story about Tesla?
Unless thanks to trillion fold acceleration in inventions you'll open a base on moon in 5 years with no one jurisdiction stopping you. I shouldn't even tell you this, you know the best how easy it is.

LeBrok (my 2 pennies in 2 points):

1. Obviously you don’t care much about the research idea per se, all you care about is that it’ll take thousands of years (WRONG!) and it’ll be opposed by the FDA (WRONG #2). Lemme give ya a counterexample: do you really think that the R&D Dept of the US Army (or any other military in the world, for that matter) would ever ask or give a flying f**k on what FDA or PETA OR the Pope think?! To give ya an example so cheap that even you can understand: Do you think that Galileo asked for the church permission to build his telescope? Huh?

2. Nope, it won’t take thousands of years. The ‘Mighty Potato’ experiment that will give us some solid understanding as to what the MML is (yeap, for plants only, at this level, but still a fabulous info) should take less than 2 years, given that we have the right resources (I’m talking $$ here. Smart dudes are all over the place: give them the right incentive and they’ll join your project in the next second). The experiments on primates (to figure out THEIR MML) shouldn’t take longer than 7-8 years (and keep in mind that now, once we proved to the world/scientific community that the potato’s MML makes perfect sense, we’ll have not billions in funding, but unlimited funding. The whole planet will go hysterical.

So, well, how about you just stop being 101% negative? You really can’t see anything positive in a scientific research idea? From the very beginning all you cared about was to say ‘NO, it won’t work!’ Nothing constructive, everything that comes from you is 101% negative, u’re precisely the dude that nobody will ever want in their research team …

LeBrok (my 2 pennies in 2 points):

1. Obviously you don’t care much about the research idea per se, all you care about is that it’ll take thousands of years (WRONG!) and it’ll be opposed by the FDA (WRONG #2). Lemme give ya a counterexample: do you really think that the R&D Dept of the US Army (or any other military in the world, for that matter) would ever ask or give a flying f**k on what FDA or PETA OR the Pope think?! To give ya an example so cheap that even you can understand: Do you think that Galileo asked for the church permission to build his telescope? Huh?
Read the Galileo story again, because if IIRC he had to lie to survive, couldn't publish anything, otherwise he would have been burned alive by the church.
Yes, and the last thing pentagon wants is the superhuman-god who they wouldn't be able to control. Supersoldier yes, god no.

2. Nope, it won’t take thousands of years. The ‘Mighty Potato’ experiment that will give us some solid understanding as to what the MML is (yeap, for plants only, at this level, but still a fabulous info) should take less than 2 years, given that we have the right resources (I’m talking $$ here. Smart dudes are all over the place: give them the right incentive and they’ll join your project in the next second). The experiments on primates (to figure out THEIR MML) shouldn’t take longer than 7-8 years (and keep in mind that now, once we proved to the world/scientific community that the potato’s MML makes perfect sense, we’ll have not billions in funding, but unlimited funding. The whole planet will go hysterical.
Can you give us a word that you come back here in two years and post how many investors lined up and how it went with smart potatoes?

So, well, how about you just stop being 101% negative? You really can’t see anything positive in a scientific research idea? From the very beginning all you cared about was to say ‘NO, it won’t work!’ Nothing constructive, everything that comes from you is 101% negative, u’re precisely the dude that nobody will ever want in their research team …
Another sign that you can't see things clearly even if they hit you in the face.

Good luck to you, and don't forget to come back from time to time and brag about the astronomical progress with creating the omnipotent.

Another sign that you can't see things clearly even if they hit you in the face..

Umm, really? Are you for real?! I have more IP's (Intellectual Properties) at the Libray of Congress than you have years of life (some of them are posted HERE). Just a sample: My first ever video game (I don't play video games, but the idea just hit me one afternoon in Las Vegas) made it to the Winners' List of the international contest "Level Up 2010" organized by Intel. What did you EVER do, other than vehemently hating everybody that would dare to be creative? Can you even start a sentence without saying 'NO, it won't work, or it'll take 1,000 years to make that happen'? HUH?!

Umm, really? Are you for real?! I have more IP's (Intellectual Properties) at the Libray of Congress than you have years of life (some of them are posted HERE). Just a sample: My first ever video game (I don't play video games, but the idea just hit me one afternoon in Las Vegas) made it to the Winners' List of the international contest "Level Up 2010" organized by Intel. What did you EVER do, other than vehemently hating everybody that would dare to be creative? Can you even start a sentence without saying 'NO, it won't work, or it'll take 1,000 years to make that happen'? HUH?!
For god sake (pun intended) dude take a grip on yourself. Just because I don't agree with your timing schedule, it doesn't mean that I don't agree with your concept possibility, and it was obvious from post one. I never argued possibility, I only argued your exuberant optimism.
And from this disagreement you concluded that i'm anti-science and pessimistic no sayer. Please, control your emotions and logic. It doesn't sit well with future creator of god, does it?
If you really want to know me, before you jump in more conclusions, check the threads that I started on Eupedia. Please critique my ideas. I don't mind looking at them from different angles and through someone else's eyes. Apparently that's how we test ideas.

As for your inventions, it is nice to see a creative mind, no doubt. However I'm not sure if you didn't help me to make my point. Most of your ideas are based in fantasy and symbolism, and I don't see one popular or successful. My point stands, the realism is not there, although it will be essential in any successful enterprise of this kind.

Just because I don't agree with your timing schedule, it doesn't mean that I don't agree with your concept possibility, and it was obvious from post one. I never argued possibility, I only argued your exuberant optimism.

Hey, LeBrok, no hard feelings (now and then my buddy, Cabernet, brings its contribution to my postings). So yes, I might be a bit too optimistic regarding how fast some relevant results will come up out of unscrambling MML’s. Cheers!

Just came over THIS, a fabulous intellectual venture to keep an eye on. Even more interesting it’d be for Google’s AI/”the singularity”/ “Turing test” to accept SuEn’s challenge – yup, time-wise included. There’d be: A. (practically) unlimited funding + a good brainteaser vs. B. no funding + the mother of all research ideas. And Google has the funding ..

Just came over THIS, a fabulous intellectual venture to keep an eye on. Even more interesting it’d be for Google’s AI/”the singularity”/ “Turing test” to accept SuEn’s challenge – yup, time-wise included. There’d be: A. (practically) unlimited funding + a good brainteaser vs. B. no funding + the mother of all research ideas. And Google has the funding ..
Yep, google is setting itself up nicely for the future next big thing. They are the leader in driverless cars too. Time to load up on Google shares. It'll be the first trillion dollar company soon.

I have a thread here about advances in robotics.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/27140-Robot-anyone-!-New-technological-revolution-is-near

Yep, google is setting itself up nicely for the future next big thing. They are the leader in driverless cars too. Time to load up on Google shares. It'll be the first trillion dollar company soon.

I have a thread here about advances in robotics.
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/27140-Robot-anyone-!-New-technological-revolution-is-near

(A) Money, (B) connections and (C) brains are the most powerful ingredients to make things happen and Google is pretty good at making great things happen. I despise the need of connections, most likely cuz I don't have any, but then that's just me. If we quantify it should be (C) > 90% and (A) + (B) < 10% [unless one was born rich he can't get (A) without (B), but without money you can't open the right doors/buy connections, and here's the damn vicious circle]

Google could surely use a hell of a challenge to prove that they pioneered the smartest toy on earth: 'you need two to .. contest,' you can't compete with yourself (well, metaphorically you can, but it won't be relevant). Think of it: without the right competition with whom will their robot flirt with, an ATM's AI?

I'll review your "Robot, anyone?!" tonight.

You have to add vision and marketing. These were the main skills of Steve Jobs.
robot flirt with, an ATM's A
As long as robots have no emotions there will be no flirting, only following the program. Also for that reason "computer god" will be much safer for humankind than "human god" who would have emotions and might get angry and kill us, lol.

As long as robots have no emotions there will be no flirting, only following the program.

See the movie "Her," you'll surely love it.

for that reason "computer god" will be much safer for humankind than "human god" who would have emotions and might get angry and kill us, lol.

You say that cuz you're stuck in monotheism. How about there'll be a few billions of "human gods" all having the power to destroy the universe? -- Now that's what I call fun ...

This thread has been viewed 23001 times.

Back