Genome of 12,600 year-old boy from Clovis culture confirms origin of Amerindians

I don't expect any connection with the Clovis boy, Ust-Ishim is western Siberia and the time difference is almost 30.000 years.

Mal'ta has partly Amerindian admixture. He was also 24.000 years old, that is before the generally assumed 15.000 years ago that America was populated. So, an Amerindian ancestry was part of middle Siberians before America was settled. If the oldest, the most original of all Siberians does not carry it, then where did Mal'ta's Amerindian part came from?

Mal'ta has partly Amerindian admixture. He was also 24.000 years old, that is before the generally assumed 15.000 years ago that America was populated. So, an Amerindian ancestry was part of middle Siberians before America was settled. If the oldest, the most original of all Siberians does not carry it, then where did Mal'ta's Amerindian part came from?

No. No. No. Mal'ta Boy was not partly Amerindian admixture. He was related to people who became the ancestors of other people, including Amerindians. Some of his relatives may have had descendants who hung around Siberia until they moved to the Americas, or they may have migrated south then moved up the coast to the Americas - we don't really know. People probably moved around a lot as hunter/gatherer types living in a lightly populated world. But look at the time frame - Mal'ta Boy and his relatives clearly came before there were any Amerindians, so they couldn't have been partly Amerindian. Mal"ta Boy died too young to leave descendants but some of his relatives would have formed part of the ancestry of several other groups, including Amerindians.

I gotta admit, was there a conflict when Haplogroup N entered Central Asia 12,000 years ago? I find it quite a coincidence that Paleo Native Americans were crossing the Bering landbridge around that time.

No. No. No. Mal'ta Boy was not partly Amerindian admixture. He was related to people who became the ancestors of other people, including Amerindians. Some of his relatives may have had descendants who hung around Siberia until they moved to the Americas, or they may have migrated south then moved up the coast to the Americas - we don't really know. People probably moved around a lot as hunter/gatherer types living in a lightly populated world. But look at the time frame - Mal'ta Boy and his relatives clearly came before there were any Amerindians, so they couldn't have been partly Amerindian. Mal"ta Boy died too young to leave descendants but some of his relatives would have formed part of the ancestry of several other groups, including Amerindians.

O, perhaps I should have phrased that differently. However, Mal'ta carried DNA that shows relations to Amerindians. He is older than settlement in America. I think that means that bicicleurs idea that the ancient West-Siberians DNA shows no Mal'ta affinity may not be true.

I gotta admit, was there a conflict when Haplogroup N entered Central Asia 12,000 years ago? I find it quite a coincidence that Paleo Native Americans were crossing the Bering landbridge around that time.
I thought they reached the americas earlier.

This thread has been viewed 65582 times.

Back