Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

If you tested with Nat Geno, have you uploaded a story? If you do, it can pop up among the other men who are CTS11984+ in that section and it can show how closely related you are to them. I have one and so does the other user in this thread, Sile.

Also, have you tested for your Y-STRs? They can help show closely related you are to another male within the same clade sometimes within hundreds of years. I have been running time estimates and phylogenetic trees to figure out how our clades are related and dispersed/migrated and STR info is key.

Hi,

Just uploaded a "story".

The German thing also explains the blue eyes in that line. My very very Italian g.grandfather had such blue eyes they were violet, with auburn hair.

Does Nat. Geo automatically test for Y-STRs? or do I do that elsewhere? Not sure what they are?

Great tree, Sile ! Does "one step before.." mean that you have one more marker than my line?

How is T-CTS11984 and L131 related?

Hi,

Just uploaded a "story".

The German thing also explains the blue eyes in that line. My very very Italian g.grandfather had such blue eyes they were violet, with auburn hair.

Does Nat. Geo automatically test for Y-STRs? or do I do that elsewhere? Not sure what they are?

Great tree, Sile ! Does "one step before.." mean that you have one more marker than my line?

with your marker ...........you will definitely have to have L131
then you will bypass P322 and have L446 to get to CTS11984

we are one step further on than you............fundora and I both have CTS11984.............but we also have one step more

My CTS8862 was found in natgeno...........since they did not find it in yours then your marker stops at CTS11984

in nat geo.......go to your download area and download your markers................there should be about 14500 markers

Hi,

Just uploaded a "story".

see if you can still transfer your natgeno to ftdna for free.................then you will have a natgeno account and also a ftdna account where you can be placed in the T group
write to Gareth Henson from the ftdna T project on any further questions once you transfer your data

Hi,

Just uploaded a "story".

Is your username "singaSong"? If not, make sure you click the "show your story" option where you first typed it.

New Isogg T updated 7th of January .........my Positive L490 which takes me from T to T1 is now under investigation ..............the only other one L206 which does the same , I am negative for

BTW
my Mtdna marker has its 5th member only .............from Tramonti di Sopra in the friulian mountains with surname of Calderan, Vedlin and Muin. I have already spoke to the ancestor currently living in central france.

that's 4 from italy ( 3 x NI and 1 x SI ) and 1 from sweden

In Ftdna , another two testers are bracketed with us, one from Italy and the other unknown.........................kit numbers are

N164010

N145191

Have found no info on them...........I think they are natgeno testers

In Ftdna , another two testers are bracketed with us, one from Italy and the other unknown.........................kit numbers are

N164010

N145191

Have found no info on them...........I think they are natgeno testers

Where do you see them @Sile? I can't find them in the list of results from the T project...

Where do you see them @Sile? I can't find them in the list of results from the T project...

yes they disappeared again, like last time..............I will take a snippet next time

One was surname Greco is is common in all of Italy, the other only said Italy.

have a try at this new chinese site, for Audna.. its free

https://www.wegene.com/en/

it will eventually give you health reports as well once they convert from chinese to English

Ok now I think I remember one of those kits appearing and disappearing within a day from our grouping on the T project site. It was the Italian one that had very little info besides origin. It is interesting that quite a bit of CTS8862 individuals are Italian.

Also! Checked the Genographic Project for any new member-submitted stories from our line and there is a new one! The username is Fmaldonadocosta, I wonder if there is a way I could contact him. He is Peruvian and writes there is not much exact information known about his paternal line except that it begins in Poland and France, migrated to the U.K. then to "North America" (I'm presuming the U.S. or Canada), then to northern Peru. Very interesting!

Also! Checked the Genographic Project for any new member-submitted stories from our line and there is a new one! The username is Fmaldonadocosta, I wonder if there is a way I could contact him. He is Peruvian and writes there is not much exact information known about his paternal line except that it begins in Poland and France, migrated to the U.K. then to "North America" (I'm presuming the U.S. or Canada), then to northern Peru. Very interesting!

Surname looks Portuguese

looks like donado Costa ...............which I wrote to a long time ago ...............if it is him, he states he is from northern Portugal next ot Galicia Spain

I thought his surname was "Maldonado Costa" but sometimes it's hard to tell based on usernames. If it is Donado Costa then do you remember if he too was CTS8862? Trying to make a connection...
If this NatGeno user is the same person then there is helps support my hypothesis that my line originated in Galicia/Portugal.

Ok now I think I remember one of those kits appearing and disappearing within a day from our grouping on the T project site. It was the Italian one that had very little info besides origin. It is interesting that quite a bit of CTS8862 individuals are Italian.

they are back again

Do you ignore the "red" coded DYS .............ie, the fast mutating ones?

I was just about to post saying they reappeared. The fast ones should usually be ignored

they are back again

Do you ignore the "red" coded DYS .............ie, the fast mutating ones?

Actually it depends. The first STR phylogenies I did I got TMRCA estimates in the 2,000+ ybp range similar to Yfull's current estimates. When I ignored the fastest ones and used the slowest ones only, I got TMRCA estimates in the 4,000+ ybp range similar to this site we discussed earlier https://sites.google.com/site/compositeytree/t

Actually it depends. The first STR phylogenies I did I got TMRCA estimates in the 2,000+ ybp range similar to Yfull's current estimates. When I ignored the fastest ones and used the slowest ones only, I got TMRCA estimates in the 4,000+ ybp range similar to this site we discussed earlier https://sites.google.com/site/compositeytree/t

Great ...........I also get correct dating .......even the Carolina's T-Ydna members ( USA ). date is very accurate .....this is their branch T1a2b1a1a Y17493 ....all dated from the 16th century when the marker was born ...in the USA

Have a question .............have you been tested for Z33764 ?.................I have used RED text for all the SNP I tested for and negative for
I have not tested for Z33764 ....................I was told it was from the Balearic islands marker, but when I search the 18% of T ydna from there , 99% are from the T-162 branch ( not ours ).

T1a2b1a CTS8489(18050535 G->A) or CTS8862(18246590 G->T) 4.5 KY
T1a2b1a1 L25/PF5345/S399 (19136822 T->C)FTDNA subgroup

T1a2b1a2Pages113(2713589 G->A)orS17120 (15426389 A->C )

T1a2b1a3 Z33764 (7247507 C->T) Iberians 2.7 KY

T1a2b1a4 CTS1080 (7187436 T->C) Hispanics 2.7 KY

T1b2b1bPages11 (14496103 C->T) FTDNA subgroup

T1b2b1cCTS4571(15719140 C->T) Tuscans 4.5 KY

I have never been tested for that SNP but I am negative for L25, the SNP above it, so I should not be positive for it either.

I have never been tested for that SNP but I am negative for L25, the SNP above it, so I should not be positive for it either.

Yes , same as yourself..........looks like we have reached the end of the line for now with our CTS8862 @4500yo

what are we separated by ?...2000years?

But I do not know if 4,500 years is the accurate age or the one YFull provides, which is 2,200 years...

But I do not know if 4,500 years is the accurate age or the one YFull provides, which is 2,200 years...

sorry....i was not clear

I meant that the 4500 for our marker is a very accurate figure IMO and

the 2000 years was my estimate between ourselves based on STR difference between each other...........do you think this number is when we could have split from each other or was it more?..............I think we are 10 difference in STR

This thread has been viewed 466988 times.

Back