Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

John Brooks goes back to the 1600s, around Connecticut (as you know, the proximity is just a coincidence).
I can’t find an updated reliable source about Thomas Jefferson relatives Y T subgroups.
I’ve probably been looking in the wrong places.
Jefferson and Brooks were contemporary, and .... , you know what I mean. What if.

Thomas Jefferson belongs to T1a1a1b1a1a1-PF7444. Is a 5300ybp large and widely distributed West Eurasia T subclade also found well distributed in Great Britain but sadly still understudied in comparison to other T branches..

@Sile

I checked the semargl site and saw a CTS1848+ individual labeled as Greek... do you know anything about this?
View attachment 10082

@Sile
I checked the semargl site and saw a CTS1848+ individual labeled as Greek... do you know anything about this?
View attachment 10082
I cannot open your link
what is the kit # in Semargl ?
The Semargl map search indicates greek , but no greek listed
The closest greek i found is the one that states from russia (erzya ) to macedonia
the closest search for myself using the old search system in that site is below

My apologies, for I realized Eupedia is not correctly linking attachments. The site will not show me the kit #s but their listed entry is [FONT=&quot]T1a2b Y6033>CTS933>CTS54>CTS8489>Z19945>CTS1848 Greek[/FONT]

My apologies, for I realized Eupedia is not correctly linking attachments. The site will not show me the kit #s but their listed entry is [FONT="]T1a2b Y6033>CTS933>CTS54>CTS8489>Z19945>CTS1848 Greek[/FONT]

I have found no kit # for this greek.....maybe semargyl team ( which is the Yfull team ) only listed a "maybe" branch.

BTW........we discussed your surname many years and I stated it could be italian via a name of an ancient mining place near bergamo ......a spaniard in facebook looking for your name states it does not exist in Spain and stated it was could be Italian...........have you found anything more on this?

I have found no kit # for this greek.....maybe semargyl team ( which is the Yfull team ) only listed a "maybe" branch.

BTW........we discussed your surname many years and I stated it could be italian via a name of an ancient mining place near bergamo ......a spaniard in facebook looking for your name states it does not exist in Spain and stated it was could be Italian...........have you found anything more on this?

I am still researching into its origins, a never-ending investigation. Multiple records confirm its earliest presence in the Canary Islands in the 1700s but I cannot find a mainland Spanish connection. I know of another Fundora family who said their recent ancestors (3-4 generations ago) came to Cuba from either Galicia or Asturias (northern Spain). This led me to think of a NE Spanish origin, maybe Portuguese (there are Portuguese surnames like Fontoura and Fundo that could have evolved into Fundora). Cannot say for certain yet.

Who is this Spaniard that said that? I have found info on Fundora in Spain but these are current stats, nothing about in the past. Whether these are Latin Americans who moved to Spain or actual Spaniards is hard to tell...
https://apellido.enfemenino.com/w/apellidos/apellido-fundora-leon.html
http://lastnames.genoom.com/es/apellido/Fundora/España
http://www.ine.es/widgets/nombApell/index.shtml - searching for Fundora shows it pop up in specific parts of Spain

Fundora is not a spanish surname as far as i know. There is none native born in spain with this surname even not in Canary islands according to INE, all of them are migrants.
You should look also for Fundaro a rare Italian surname.

Last edited:
Fundora is not a spanish surname as far as i know. There is none native born in spain with this surname even not in Canary islands according to INE, all of them are migrants.
You should look also for Fundaro a rare Italian surname.

Yes I remember a while ago seeing on INE or another site that most of the Fundoras in Spain were foreign-born (pretty sure almost all Cuban), but can't seem to find how to access that info again. This is why I am leaning towards a Portuguese origin due to my closest genetic matches (Azoreans, Brazilians, etc.), etymology of the surname and similar sounding ones (Fundo, Fontoura), and the history of the Canaries.

However, I cannot rule out an Italian origin especially given the Fondora of Lucca and the few times it has been written as Fundora in Italian texts. I've looked into Fundaro before (Sicilian) and it might be an option, who knows.

Yes I remember a while ago seeing on INE or another site that most of the Fundoras in Spain were foreign-born (pretty sure almost all Cuban), but can't seem to find how to access that info again. This is why I am leaning towards a Portuguese origin due to my closest genetic matches (Azoreans, Brazilians, etc.), etymology of the surname and similar sounding ones (Fundo, Fontoura), and the history of the Canaries.
However, I cannot rule out an Italian origin especially given the Fondora of Lucca and the few times it has been written as Fundora in Italian texts. I've looked into Fundaro before (Sicilian) and it might be an option, who knows.
Are you referring to this family who controlled the mint ( zecca) of Lucca
maestri della zecca di Lucca. Il più noto della famiglia è Lazzaro de Fondora, dovizioso mercante, che fece erigere nel 1309 la chiesa di S. Maria e S. Francesco nei borghi della città, donandola ai Frati Minori. Fu padre di Bonaccorso, detto Cosicorino, che spoò Gentucca Morla, la giovanetta che avrebbe fatto piacere Lucca a Dante, secondo la profezia di Bonagiunta Orbicciani. Nel 1541 il capitano Paolino Fondora difese Anversa contro gli Spagnoli.
http://www.cognomix.it/stemma-famiglia/fondora
http://www.copernicum.it/manuscript/memoriale-e-storia-della-famiglia-fondora-in-lucca-1411505
http://www.archiviodistato.firenze.it/ceramellipapiani/index.php?page=Famiglia&id=3240

Are you referring to this family who controlled the mint ( zecca) of Lucca
maestri della zecca di Lucca. Il più noto della famiglia è Lazzaro de Fondora, dovizioso mercante, che fece erigere nel 1309 la chiesa di S. Maria e S. Francesco nei borghi della città, donandola ai Frati Minori. Fu padre di Bonaccorso, detto Cosicorino, che spoò Gentucca Morla, la giovanetta che avrebbe fatto piacere Lucca a Dante, secondo la profezia di Bonagiunta Orbicciani. Nel 1541 il capitano Paolino Fondora difese Anversa contro gli Spagnoli.
http://www.cognomix.it/stemma-famiglia/fondora
http://www.copernicum.it/manuscript/memoriale-e-storia-della-famiglia-fondora-in-lucca-1411505
http://www.archiviodistato.firenze.it/ceramellipapiani/index.php?page=Famiglia&id=3240

Yes that one. They are the ones who dominate the historical records and texts.

Another Belgium found with Z19945 ............Jean Halpeau 1509-1589 .............I will speak with the Walloon ( x3 memebrs ) whose ancestors prior to belgium came via Riese Pio in Veneto Italy ( he is the one whose ancestors fled with the Spanish to North Spain after the collapse of the Spanish Netherlands)

Another Belgium found with Z19945 ............Jean Halpeau 1509-1589 .............I will speak with the Walloon ( x3 memebrs ) whose ancestors prior to belgium came via Riese Pio in Veneto Italy ( he is the one whose ancestors fled with the Spanish to North Spain after the collapse of the Spanish Netherlands)
What about #471167 Brooks dated 1695 in the US, also Z19945, do we know if he was a Brits originally or something else?

What about #471167 Brooks dated 1695 in the US, also Z19945, do we know if he was a Brits originally or something else?
Yes british from ......Glastonbury (/ˈɡlæstənbəri/) is a town and civil parish in Somerset, England, .
on post #410....the persons line is actually from lezinnes France ..........he is a famous Printer, bookmaker for the french Court
http://data.bnf.fr/16145773/jean_hulpeau/
His father name was Johan

Last edited:
The Italian connection to Z19945, and predecessors is strong.
The members of the Haplo must have not been monolithic, but rather moved around Europe and Italy in multiple Time Periods.
Just an observation.

IMG_8808.JPG

IMG_8809.JPG

Hi Huracan,

Fondora from Lucca (very unusual and rare surname) was a medieval family and part of the local nobility, and very probably became extinct a couple of centuries ago. This family is attested starting from 1200s, when the surnames were not yet in today's modern forms, and they were previously known as "de' Bujoli". The name "Fondora" perhaps originates because it refers to the enormous accumulation of landed property by them in the past, especially in the medieval era (in Italian "fondo", "proprietà fondiaria"). According to the Italian telephone directory, surname Fondora does not exist in Italy.

Many Italian, Spanish and Portuguese surnames resemble each other because they share the same Latin roots, not necessarily because people who carry these surnames have some degree of kinship.

By chance, are you related to the Cuban athlete Ivan Fundora?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iván_Fundora

The Italian connection to Z19945, and predecessors is strong.
The members of the Haplo must have not been monolithic, but rather moved around Europe and Italy in multiple Time Periods.
Just an observation.
View attachment 10259
View attachment 10258
you should add the people with just CTS8489 and CTS8862 as Z19945 is relatively new ..............look at post #402 with all these

you should add the people with just CTS8489 and CTS8862 as Z19945 is relatively new ..............look at post #402 with all these

My Focus was specific to Z19945.
Notice the Question Marks (?) next to all the Germans at post #402 ending with CTS1848.
They are maybe “+” for Z19945, but we don’t know if they are “-“ for CTS1848.
CTS1848 is younger than Z19945, and so we don’t know where the Germans (unknown for CTS1848) were before the mutation took place.
And if they are CTS1848, we are Older than them.
For now, according to that Graphic, we don’t know yet.

Last edited:
My Focus was specific to Z19945.
Notice the Question Marks (?) next to all the Germans at post #402 ending with CTS1848.
They are maybe “+” for Z19945, but we don’t know if they are “-“ for CTS1848.
CTS1848 is younger than Z19945, and so we don’t know where the Germans (unknown for CTS1848) were before the mutation took place.
And if they are CTS1848, we are Older than them.
For now, according to that Graphic, we don’t know yet.

negative is always older than positive.....for CTS1848- , it is 500year older than CTS1848+ as per yfull..................
I predict there will be a branch split of Z19945 in the future due to CTS1848

negative is always older than positive.....for CTS1848- , it is 500year older than CTS1848+ as per yfull..................
I predict there will be a branch split of Z19945 in the future due to CTS1848
I said that we are older because we are Negative for CTS1848.
CTS8862+ Z19945+ CTS1848-

This thread has been viewed 463508 times.

Back