Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

Hi Huracan,

Fondora from Lucca (very unusual and rare surname) was a medieval family and part of the local nobility, and very probably became extinct a couple of centuries ago. This family is attested starting from 1200s, when the surnames were not yet in today's modern forms, and they were previously known as "de' Bujoli". The name "Fondora" perhaps originates because it refers to the enormous accumulation of landed property by them in the past, especially in the medieval era (in Italian "fondo", "proprietà fondiaria"). According to the Italian telephone directory, surname Fondora does not exist in Italy.

Many Italian, Spanish and Portuguese surnames resemble each other because they share the same Latin roots, not necessarily because people who carry these surnames have some degree of kinship.

By chance, are you related to the Cuban athlete Ivan Fundora?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iván_Fundora

Hello Pax Augusta,

Yes, I am familiar with this background on the medieval Fondora but thanks for the input on the rarity and possible extinction of the surname. I agree that the common Latin base among the languages can lead to "convergent evolution" of names. And no, not related to Ivan... at least that I know about.

@Huracan

Can you find BY32027 in your ftdna .................mine below , it is the same as Y70078 in yfull

@Huracan

Can you find BY32027 in your ftdna .................mine below , it is the same as Y70078 in yfull

I checked my full SNP list and I did not find this marker. Is it private?

I checked my full SNP list and I did not find this marker. Is it private?

I asked Yfull team .............its private until one other has this SNP, then it becomes a branch

Another T-Z19945

surname Russo from Campobasso province Molise region

molise formed from ancient Samnites peoples
Samnites came via Umbrians
Umbrians via Terramare culture in Romangna
Terramare culture as scholars discuss caome via Pelasgians

The only pelasgian origin I know of, is from Homer, who states they where allies of the Trojans and came from Gallipoli peninsula ancient Thrace

Another T-Z19945

The only pelasgian origin I know of, is from Homer, who states they where allies of the Trojans and came from Gallipoli peninsula ancient Thrace

Nice! Puglia and Molise share a Border.
Another Brother from another Mother. LoL
I have DNA Relatives called Russo showing up. Besides being a popular surname. :)

the 2015 italian paper states these for Haplogroup T ( ydna ) ...................the third one is the closest for myself as it states DYS385 (a,b) as 13-15......while I am 13-13

anyone have a program where I can enter the STR and get a marker for the above
using Nevgen program
done all...they are
Cuneo T1a2-L131 fitness score 56.3
Brescia T1a2-L131 fitness score 87.6
Vicenza T1a2-L131 fitness score 94.2
Vicenza T1a2-L131 fitness score 92.3

La Spezia T1a1 - CTS11451
Siena T1a2-L131 fitness score 99.0
Siena T1a3 Y11151
L'Aquila T1a2-L131 fitness score 95.5
L'Aquila T1a3 Y11151
L'Aquila T1a1 - CTS11451
Matrera T1a2-L131 fitness score 68.2
Arigeneto T1a2-L131 fitness score 74.2
Ragusa T1a2-L131 fitness score 79.9

Ragusa T1a1 - CTS11451
La Spezia T1a1 - CTS11451
L'Aquila T1a1 - CTS11451
L'Aquila T1a1 - CTS11451
L'Aquila T1a1 - CTS11451
Benevento T1a1 - CTS11451
Matera T1a1 - CTS11451
Oristano T1a1 - Y4119

Last edited:
Nice! Puglia and Molise share a Border.
Another Brother from another Mother. LoL
I have DNA Relatives called Russo showing up. Besides being a popular surname. :)

He is kit 290567

another T1a2 is kit 276156 surname Lugosi from Lombardy ..........although also found in Dalmatia
and
N35265 is Michele Caggiano b.1890 in Lacedonia Italy ............town seems on the border of 2 regions

He is kit 290567

another T1a2 is kit 276156 surname Lugosi from Lombardy ..........although also found in Dalmatia
and
N35265 is Michele Caggiano b.1890 in Lacedonia Italy ............town seems on the border of 2 regions

N35265 is the kit # for the new Z19945 individual that you said was Russo. Is it Russo or this Caggiano person?

N35265 is the kit # for the new Z19945 individual that you said was Russo. Is it Russo or this Caggiano person?
caggiano is correct .....it was an error by me initially
this one 290567 comes from city called Nola in Italy
many seem to fit the ...................macro-haplogroup LT is 30% in L'Aquila population. This was the land of Samnium inhabited by the Caraceni......................as noted by another site
history of the samniums, sabines, sabellians as per scholars is from Umbri peoples , who in turn are from Terramare culture and who are stated by some scholars to be Pelasgians
According to homer, Pelasgians origin is gallipoli peninsula ( ancient thrace , now modern turkey)

history of the samniums, sabines, sabellians as per scholars is from Umbri peoples , who in turn are from Terramare culture and who are stated by some scholars to be Pelasgians
According to homer, Pelasgians origin is gallipoli peninsula ( ancient thrace , now modern turkey)

So now Samnites, Sabines and Umbrians are from Terramare and Terramare culture is Pelasgian.

Interesting. So now even Italics are Pelasgian.

Is there anyone in Italy who is not Pelasgian, Sile?

Does it mean that there isn’t any Russo surname positive for Z19945 yet?
Or that Russo is Kit #290567?

So now Samnites, Sabines and Umbrians are from Terramare and Terramare culture is Pelasgian.
Interesting. So now even Italics are Pelasgian.
Is there anyone in Italy who is not Pelasgian, Sile?
not my call............I do not believe it............I only noted what scholars state
I believe the umbrians came via north of the alps as I stated years ago
why do you believe they are pelasgians ?
are you believing in this? Recent archeological research, and re-evaluations of contemporaneous Greek accounts, such as that of Dionysius of Halicarnassus, tend to link the Terrarmare culture to the Pelasgians –
Anyway..........terramare culture was umbrian and it created Villanova culture .............where the etruscans a branch of umbri is the question one needs to ask
NE-Italy had Danubian culture ..........via LBK and Rossen cultures .................

second one
That’s great.

Now, about those links I pmed you earlier.
Clarification: I was talking about the map of 117 AD, and Not the map of 7000 bc.
Notice Y T located in Lazio, between Toscana and Campania, or in and around Roma. :)

Europe-c-117-AD-2k-jpg.jpg

..... The third map shows Europe around 117 AD, which saw the Roman Empire reach its greatest territorial extent.......

http://www.abroadintheyard.com/maps-of-europes-ancient-tribes-kingdoms-and-y-dna/

That’s great.

Now, about those links I pmed you earlier.
Clarification: I was talking about the map of 117 AD, and Not the map of 7000 bc.
Notice Y T located in Lazio, between Toscana and Campania, or in and around Roma. :)

Europe-c-117-AD-2k-jpg.jpg

..... The third map shows Europe around 117 AD, which saw the Roman Empire reach its greatest territorial extent.......

http://www.abroadintheyard.com/maps-of-europes-ancient-tribes-kingdoms-and-y-dna/

This is map is amateur stuff completely unsourced and unreliable.

not my call............I do not believe it............I only noted what scholars state
I believe the umbrians came via north of the alps as I stated years ago
why do you believe they are pelasgians .

Of course I don't believe they are Pelasgians. Pelasgian is a broad term of little scientific value.

This is map is amateur stuff completely unsourced and unreliable.

Thanks for the Input, Pax.
It’s out there.
(Comunque sia, la mappa mostra una presenza localizzata, ma massiccia dell’aplogruppo Y T nella zona della Capitale.) :)

Another T-Z19945

Based on their placement in the group on FTDNA, I think this Russo (#N35265) might be CTS1848 because he is placed under the Bernot's and myself as well his STRs being closest to ours. Hard to know for sure until they update his since the Z19945 group has similar STRs regardless.

Also interesting to point out that when Ysearch was still functional, this Russo was always one of my closest matches and now it makes sense since he is very close to me if not having the same terminal SNP.

My group of M-458 is right by Vandals...I'm B-Western Subclade...Look out, Rome, my cousins are coming...410

This thread has been viewed 466078 times.

Back