Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

I see another sample in your FTDNA T Project group for BY143483: N184890. No info listed for that kit. Could that be the Polish sample from Full?

I see another sample in your FTDNA T Project group for BY143483: N184890. No info listed for that kit. Could that be the Polish sample from Full?

yes...see post 729

we chat in messenger and he states his ancestors are german ...........he thinks thuringia

he lives in pomerania or what is in yfull

https://www.britannica.com/place/Zachodniopomorskie

below is the older name of the province

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczecin

Early history states
Tacitus located the East Germanic tribe of the Rugians in the area around Szczecin, as did modern historians. The Rugians left during the Great Migrations in the 5th century AD.

IIRC ...........the Rugians kicked the Lombards out of Austria/Vienna area ............the Lombards then went to Italy......I need to revisit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugii

@salento

There you go Rugians linked to Ostrogoths , who went to Italy .............

Your a sick puppy with that facemask on your avatar , ROFL

@salento

There you go Rugians linked to Ostrogoths , who went to Italy .............

Your a sick puppy with that facemask on your avatar , ROFL

It’s possible, but don’t mind me asking :) how do you come up with that conclusion.

... the avatar is a reflection ... wearing a mask outside is now a requirement, we have many Covid-19 dead in my Town. and in my State in general, ...

It’s possible, but don’t mind me asking :) how do you come up with that conclusion.

... the avatar is a reflection ... wearing a mask outside is now a requirement, we have many Covid-19 dead in my Town. and in my State in general, ...

Its is my conclusion ..............i have to revisit the net for the friulian town of Cormons, a place where retired romans settled who where of , ......either Heruli or Rugii stock enlisted by the Empire to serve as Foderati, ...i cannot remember exactly

@Torzio ... Do you know the letters denomination for BY143483 ?

... I mean, ... the T1a2..... thing :) lol

Do you know the letters denomination for BY143483 ?

... I mean, ... the T1a2..... thing :) lol

BY means it came from ftdna BigY

and the alternative name with the T1a2........ ?

Not sure what you are getting at.......both i do not believe on any modern national term pre medieval period

Not sure what you are getting at.......both i do not believe on any modern national term pre medieval period

Not sure you understood at all, .... I was asking about the alternative code-name of the SNP BY143483

... for example:

_ CTS8489 = T1a2a1a1a
__ Z19945 = T1a2a1a1a2
___ BY143483 = T1a2????

Not sure you understood at all, .... I was asking about the alternative code-name of the SNP BY143483

... for example:

_ CTS8489 = T1a2a1a1a
__ Z19945 = T1a2a1a1a2
___ BY143483 = T1a2????

Different companies use different markers, like

Isogg for us ( only to 2018 ) T1a2b1a1b

ftdna for our branch has T1a2a1a1a2b

so because it is a Ftdna find which yfull agrees , then it is the ftdna one

I never really cared after the first 4 digits

Different companies use different markers, like

Isogg for us ( only to 2018 ) T1a2b1a1b

ftdna for our branch has T1a2a1a1a2b

so because it is a Ftdna find which yfull agrees , then it is the ftdna one

I never really cared after the first 4 digits

Thank you, :) perfect !!!

It took a couple of tries to get the right answer, but we finally understand each other LOL

Thank you, :) perfect !!!

It took a couple of tries to get the right answer, but we finally understand each other LOL

must be an Adriatic thingy ....north to south............or is it a USA .v. Australia failure to communicate

Now to check on this Pomeranian/Thuringian same branch person to us ..........a quick look suggest he is closer to you than I ......I will recheck the STR after

regards

T-Z19945Z19945+
┣━T-BY143483BY143483+
┗━T-CTS1848CTS1848/A15857-

xBXCGKH.jpg

... as reference, general Geno 2.0

2017 Genographic Project y Haplogroup vs 2020 Yseq final:

EwpJxMc.jpg

... as reference, general Geno 2.0

2017 Genographic Project y Haplogroup vs 2020 Yseq final:

EwpJxMc.jpg

are you saying Geno knew your ydna marker in 2017 ?

I have
1st Tuscan ................54%
2nd Germanic............46%

@Torzio

no, I’m not saying that :)

I was pointing out the marker NatGeo gave me 3 years ago, versus what I ended up being.

@Torzio

no, I’m not saying that :)

I was pointing out the marker NatGeo gave me 3 years ago, versus what I ended up being.

Ok

They gave me the same Ydna as yourself
and
my correct mtdna of H95a

Finally found my link with the Steiner family of trentino ................via myHeritage, over a year of searching.........matches myself, father and sons, so I assume it is a ydna match, but will write to them.

All from town called Barbian , Trentino-alto-adage https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbian

The Leiss spelling below, ....in Italy is spelt Less and i have some of these............the one I was looking for > Steiner, the one with 4 segments matching

Maria Leiss

Gerhard Hafner's direct ancestor (6 generations)

Birth: Feb 17 1740

Mathias Leiss

Gerhard Hafner's direct ancestor (7 generations)

Birth: 1714

above looks like father and daughter

Michael Steiner

Birth: 1755

Maria Gafriller

Birth: 1759

above looks like husband and wife

This thread has been viewed 469051 times.

Back