Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1030

Thread: Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

  1. #1001
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Huracan View Post
    Nope. No changes in my Y matches on FTDNA in a long time.
    thanks

    you are 1 step from myself

    Big Y STR Differences
    26 of 587

    ....................

    can you send me a test private message .............it has not worked for more than 4 months .................it does not work for any of my 4 ftdna projects either ...............i wonder if ftdna think gmail is a virus
    Fathers mtdna ...... T2b17
    Grandfather mtdna ... T1a1e
    Sons mtdna ...... K1a4p
    Mothers line ..... R1b-S8172
    Grandmother paternal side ... I1-CTS6397
    Wife paternal line ..... R1a-Z282

  2. #1002
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @salento

    I am awaiting 2 x new Yfull samples

    YF95759 new T-Z19945*


    YF96863 new T-CTS1848*

  3. #1003
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Found my Grand Est France link ..............via MyHeritage records ( site is getting more accurate )
    Surname Bertazzon circa 17th century ( have a 2nd cousin today with that surname ...) went to ....Rémelfing, Moselle, Grand Est, France .....originally came from Pieve di Soligo, Veneto..........this man married a Cécile PISVIN
    ....but my marker transferred last week from Grant Est France ...to Saarland, Germany ( next door )
    Last edited by torzio; 02-01-22 at 17:01.

  4. #1004
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,212

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    @Torzio
    officially there are only 3 of us … The Survivors :)

    Is there any of the people you posted around T_SK1480 ?

  5. #1005
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    @Torzio
    officially there are only 3 of us … The Survivors :)

    Is there any of the people you posted around T_SK1480 ?


    I have done some checking around ...............and this is what I got....but I cannot confirmed

    the top "new " is surname Curtiss belong to the Freshour ftdna group

    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults

    all the T1a above belong to our T1a2 group



    the second one is a dutch person

    I would like to see if the second one belongs to Huracan

  6. #1006
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,212

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post

    I have done some checking around ...............and this is what I got....but I cannot confirmed
    the top "new " is surname Curtiss belong to the Freshour ftdna group
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    all the T1a above belong to our T1a2 group
    the second one is a dutch person
    I would like to see if the second one belongs to Huracan
    Stratford CT (I know the town) was founded in 1639 by Puritan leaders, … (either 16 or 35 families),
    … Curtiss was born in 1652.
    …. Many descendants of the original founding Puritan families remain in Stratford today after over 350 years; for centuries they often intermarried within the original small group of 17th century Pilgrim families.
    … Some of the Stratford settlers were from families who had first moved from England to the Netherlands to seek religious freedom, like their predecessors on the Mayflower, and decided to come to the New World when their children began to adopt the Dutch culture and language …

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratford,_Connecticut

  7. #1007
    Regular Member Huracan's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-02-14
    Posts
    221

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2-CTS1848
    MtDNA haplogroup
    L3e2b Yoruba/Fulbe

    Ethnic group
    Hispano-Cuban
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post

    I have done some checking around ...............and this is what I got....but I cannot confirmed
    the top "new " is surname Curtiss belong to the Freshour ftdna group
    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults
    all the T1a above belong to our T1a2 group
    the second one is a dutch person
    I would like to see if the second one belongs to Huracan
    I'm already on YFull (#YF85080)

  8. #1008
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    02-05-21
    Posts
    3


    Country: Latvia



    Hello everyone! I got the result Big Y, T-BY28259, and on the ftdna tree I had created with someone a new branch under T-FTB28475. Can someone tell me more about my result please?my result is on yfull, my sample id:YF97436.
    https://yfull.com/live/tree/T-Y21210/

  9. #1009
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hello everyone! I got the result Big Y, T-BY28259, and on the ftdna tree I had created with someone a new branch under T-FTB28475. Can someone tell me more about my result please?my result is on yfull, my sample id:YF97436.
    https://yfull.com/live/tree/T-Y21210/

    you belong to the T1a2 branch

    looking at your marker you sit with the ancient Viking sample VK398

    Sample: VK398 / Sweden_Skara 231
    Location: Varnhem, Skara, Sweden
    Age: Viking 10-12th centuries CE
    Y-DNA: T-BY215080


    we where together up to snp Z19890 then we split up

    Yfull has you as T-Y21210

    I do not know what you are actually after

  10. #1010
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    02-05-21
    Posts
    3


    Country: Latvia



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    you belong to the T1a2 branch

    looking at your marker you sit with the ancient Viking sample VK398

    Sample: VK398 / Sweden_Skara 231
    Location: Varnhem, Skara, Sweden
    Age: Viking 10-12th centuries CE
    Y-DNA: T-BY215080


    we where together up to snp Z19890 then we split up

    Yfull has you as T-Y21210

    I do not know what you are actually after
    I asked a question, with the probability that the person who created a branch on ftdna with me may be here on the forum and will see my message. Because he did not leave any data about himself, who he is, and what country of origin he is.And at the expense of the Viking, we are under T-Y21210 *, that is, we are waiting for close matches.It turns out that a common ancestor with a Viking lived a very very long time ago? Thanks.

  11. #1011
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    @salento
    I am awaiting 2 x new Yfull samples
    YF95759 new T-Z19945*
    YF96863 new T-CTS1848*
    YF95759 is now grouped with Brooks ( Brucke ) person ..................this leads to it being either the Curtiss person or one of the Fuser german members from Freshour group
    Brooks ancestor was a german from Hanover , original surname Brucke

  12. #1012
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    YF96863 is now group with Huracan and CTS1848* ( dead line )...........but after some queries is from Netherlands

  13. #1013
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    18-05-21
    Posts
    5


    Country: United States



    I also recently received my results from FTDNA. I'm under T-FTB90092. It was T-Z19947 for a day, then it recalculated. I only have 15 matches on FTDNA at the 12 marker level and the other kit with the same clade as me isn't showing as a match. I reached out to Gareth from the T project and he said the the number of private variants place a common ancestor about 2400-2600 years ago.

  14. #1014
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by kmkessel View Post
    I also recently received my results from FTDNA. I'm under T-FTB90092. It was T-Z19947 for a day, then it recalculated. I only have 15 matches on FTDNA at the 12 marker level and the other kit with the same clade as me isn't showing as a match. I reached out to Gareth from the T project and he said the the number of private variants place a common ancestor about 2400-2600 years ago.
    IIRC.....you sit with the german A.Hoff ( who is 1 step away from me in ftdna ) .............but your ancestor is from Lorraine France.......I might have mixed you up with another though

  15. #1015
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Anthonius Hoff, b. 1616 and d. 1677

    T-CTS8862

    tested at Y-DNA111

  16. #1016
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    18-05-21
    Posts
    5


    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks Torzio! My family are Transylvanian Saxons, so the Lorraine France location makes sense. Prior to arriving in Transylvania, they would have come from some where in the Eastern France/Western Germany/Benelux area.

  17. #1017
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by kmkessel View Post
    Thanks Torzio! My family are Transylvanian Saxons, so the Lorraine France location makes sense. Prior to arriving in Transylvania, they would have come from some where in the Eastern France/Western Germany/Benelux area.
    so you are Caquelin, as in french surname and changed once arriving in England .................what is your relation with Saxons, I am confused

    I need to go back a few years and find the notes from Caquelin ancestors on this site

  18. #1018
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    so you are Caquelin, as in french surname and changed once arriving in England .................what is your relation with Saxons, I am confused
    I need to go back a few years and find the notes from Caquelin ancestors on this site

    these notes could be your cousins...they have the same Ydna

    N145191 is now part of my group in the Ftdna T project. His surname is Cockley but he has a identical match with the surname Caquelin so I suspect his ancestry is French. And it is the same family.
    BTW.....it is Gockley and not Cockley ..........ancestry given to me was
    -Nicholas Caquelin 1650 from Walersbach Alsace has son
    -Sebastian Caquelin (1689 - 1751), married Marie Banzet ( Benzing )(1684 - 1733), her parents are Christopher Banzet/Benzing of Bellefosse and Jehanne Neuviller
    -Jean Nicholas Caquelin (1718-1796) married Magdalena Barbara Eberly, her parents are Michael Eberly and Veronica Ulrich

  19. #1019
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    there is also


    Jacob Gockley, 1799 - 1862

    Jacob Gockley was born on June 29 1799, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA, to Sebastian Caquelin Gacklie and Anna Maria Caquelin Gacklie (born Hoffman).
    Sebastian was born on March 26 1761, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA.

    and /or

    all of these in the link ..............basically in Alsace ( a french/german ) area

    https://www.mytrees.com/names/Event/Year/1/CAQUELIN

  20. #1020
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    there is also
    Jacob Gockley, 1799 - 1862
    Jacob Gockley was born on June 29 1799, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA, to Sebastian Caquelin Gacklie and Anna Maria Caquelin Gacklie (born Hoffman).
    Sebastian was born on March 26 1761, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA.
    and /or
    all of these in the link ..............basically in Alsace ( a french/german ) area
    https://www.mytrees.com/names/Event/Year/1/CAQUELIN
    from Kelley Caquelin

    Hello, I am T-CTS1848, FTDNA 917435. I am wondering if I should get the y-700 and I currently have the 111. Any suggestions?
    M184, TL490, M70, Z19859, L131, L446, Y6055, CTS99, CTS10803, Z19939, Z19939, CTS11984, CTS8489, CTS8862, Z19945, CTS1848 is my Tree but I need to purchase the M184 SNP pack or the y-700?

  21. #1021
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    these notes could be your cousins...they have the same Ydna
    N145191 is now part of my group in the Ftdna T project. His surname is Cockley but he has a identical match with the surname Caquelin so I suspect his ancestry is French. And it is the same family.
    BTW.....it is Gockley and not Cockley ..........ancestry given to me was
    -Nicholas Caquelin 1650 from Walersbach Alsace has son
    -Sebastian Caquelin (1689 - 1751), married Marie Banzet ( Benzing )(1684 - 1733), her parents are Christopher Banzet/Benzing of Bellefosse and Jehanne Neuviller
    -Jean Nicholas Caquelin (1718-1796) married Magdalena Barbara Eberly, her parents are Michael Eberly and Veronica Ulrich

    in ftdna


    I also have matches with Ulrich and Benzing ( also in 23andme )

  22. #1022
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    18-05-21
    Posts
    5


    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by torzio View Post
    so you are Caquelin, as in french surname and changed once arriving in England .................what is your relation with Saxons, I am confused
    I need to go back a few years and find the notes from Caquelin ancestors on this site
    I am the other kit in the T project, Kessel. I was confused why Caquelin and I had the same clade but weren't showing as matches. I asked Gareth and he estimates that we shared a ancestor between 2400 and 2600 years ago. He mentioned that the large number of private variants prevent the FTDNA algorithm to calculate a match (Caquelin has 29 private variants and I have 34). As far as the Saxons go, my father's family was in Transylvania from somewhere between 1137 and 1400 until 1944. They were in Austria for a few years and then arrived in the USA in 1953. Prior to the migration to Transylvania they were likely in the same region as Caquelin's ancestors.

    Thanks again for the information!

  23. #1023
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by kmkessel View Post
    I am the other kit in the T project, Kessel. I was confused why Caquelin and I had the same clade but weren't showing as matches. I asked Gareth and he estimates that we shared a ancestor between 2400 and 2600 years ago. He mentioned that the large number of private variants prevent the FTDNA algorithm to calculate a match (Caquelin has 29 private variants and I have 34). As far as the Saxons go, my father's family was in Transylvania from somewhere between 1137 and 1400 until 1944. They were in Austria for a few years and then arrived in the USA in 1953. Prior to the migration to Transylvania they were likely in the same region as Caquelin's ancestors.

    Thanks again for the information!
    with your DYS390 = 23 .........you group with either German or Latvian T1a2 ydna - snp CTS1848 group

    you seem to match with a Maurer kit# 286444

  24. #1024
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    18-05-21
    Posts
    5


    Country: United States



    Thanks Torizo! That is interesting about Maurer. He is showing as one of my 12 marker matches at a genetic distance of one step. It looks like he also has an origin in Romania. There are Maurers in on my father's side of the family tree from the village in Transylvania. Maurer is a job related name (mason) so I'm not sure if there would be a way to confirm any connection with him and the Maurers from the village.

  25. #1025
    Regular Member torzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,534

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a

    Ethnic group
    North Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by kmkessel View Post
    Thanks Torizo! That is interesting about Maurer. He is showing as one of my 12 marker matches at a genetic distance of one step. It looks like he also has an origin in Romania. There are Maurers in on my father's side of the family tree from the village in Transylvania. Maurer is a job related name (mason) so I'm not sure if there would be a way to confirm any connection with him and the Maurers from the village.

    all of the T in the link are T1a2 with CTS1848 but are 22 ....................you must be a late splitter from this line ......................do you have any in your matches?

    https://www.familytreedna.com/public...frame=yresults

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •