Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

y T SZ36 is one of my closest samples, that’s probably why in the Explorer y T is below me :)

lTmFuIH.jpg
does it matter where you sit in the haplo tree

I sit between I and R .......................my maternal grandfather ( paternal side ) was I .........my mother ydna line is R
my father between G and R
my sister between I and H

... ​T-BY143483 ...

Alone
:grin:

...got a few questions for my northern Quarantine brother from another mother, ... and he has the answers I seek,

... surely he thought things through by now :)

Last edited:
y T Genius Match (NatGeo)

Thomas Jefferson

1743-1826
Political Genius

PATERNAL MATCH

Jefferson was the third President of the United States and one of the Founding Fathers of the Country.

He was an architect, horticulturalist and an academic scholar, and often a strong advocate for religious freedom and tolerance.

Jefferson, like many of his predecessors, was also a slave-owner.

Under his leadership the U.S. nearly doubled in size, as he orchestrated the Louisiana Purchase of 1803.

vYOuS3O.jpg

Edit ...

Q-Matching:

CL23 (T1a2b (L446) ISOGG 2020)
GedM. # SZ4327468
Larg. Seg.cM: 1.79

SZ36 (T1a (M70/PF5662) ISOGG 2020)
GedM. # BY5848416
Larg. Seg. cM: 1.77

Last edited:
I have just been upgraded to

T-SK1480

Countries 2

Your branch

SK = Mark Stoneking, Ph.D., Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany

I have just been upgraded to

T-SK1480

Countries 2

Your branch

SK = Mark Stoneking, Ph.D., Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany

nice :)

... off topic:

... coming soon:

EDIT:

... done:

TRWG6Df.jpg

Last edited:

fyi
my new final Y Haplogroup is T-SK1480

in the beginning ... :

- M70 23andme

— CTS11984 LivingDNA

—- CTS8862 NatGeo / 23andme (updated)

—— Z19945 Yseq

——- BY143483 “ “

——— SK1480 “ “

CpbEhnM.jpg

w9IXpVC.jpg

mtDNA H has 100s of clades / mutations, ...

I know. My question is why? No other mtdna has this many major clades.

I - 7 clades
J - 2 clades
K- 3 clades
T- 3 clades
U- 9 clades

V also seems to have a lot of clades. I think 28.

Both are descendants of HV. Which seems to have 17 clades.

So what caused HV, H and V to have so many different subclades vs something like JT, J and T?

I know. My question is why? No other mtdna has this many major clades.

I - 7 clades
J - 2 clades
K- 3 clades
T- 3 clades
U- 9 clades

V also seems to have a lot of clades. I think 28.

Both are descendants of HV. Which seems to have 17 clades.

So what caused HV, H and V to have so many different subclades vs something like JT, J and T?

Could be that in an ancient past the mt H population has been successful, ... the higher the population, the more possibilities for faster mutations.

For example: if in the past took about 1,000+ years to get a mutation, nowadays that we're 7+ billions of people, there's a chance of multiple mutations in just one generation, I think.

... It took over 200,000 years of human history for the world's population to reach 1 billion, and only 200 years more to reach 7 billion ..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

NatGeo said that about 40% of the population of Rome and Athens is mt H, ... the highest percentage of this line in Europe is in Ireland, where it makes up 61 percent of the population:

... Beginning about 15,000 years ago—after the ice sheets had begun their retreat—humans moved north again and recolonized western Europe.

By far the most frequent mitochondrial lineage carried by these expanding groups was haplogroup H.

Because of the population growth that quickly followed this expansion, your haplogroup now dominates the European female landscape.

Today haplogroup H comprises 40 to 60 percent of the gene pool of most European populations.

In Rome and Athens, for example, the frequency of H is around 40 percent of the entire population, and it exhibits similar frequencies throughout western Europe.

Moving eastward the frequencies of H gradually decreases, clearly illustrating the migratory path these settlers followed as they left the Iberian Peninsula after the ice sheets had receded. Haplogroup H is found at around 25 percent in Turkey and around 20 percent in the Caucasus Mountains ...

Haplogroup H is a great example of the effect that population dynamics such as bottleneck events, founder effect, genetic drift, and rapid population growth, have on the genetic diversity of resulting populations ...

Last edited:
... on MTA my mtDNA beat my Y at least 10 to 1

Y T:

XoioWhX.jpg

mtDNA H:

3QI5z83.jpg

This thread has been viewed 463385 times.

Back