Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

If you can help me to know more about my specific haplogroup, I would be grateful

Last edited:
If you can help me to know more about my specific haplogroup, I would be grateful
Look for big red oval CTS8489 (it’s another name for CTS8862) at the bottom left of the tree, is in the Europe Middle Bronze Age Branch, 3700 ybp old.
Notice the mutations, you could be positive for some of them.
Y T Phylogenetic Tree - Made by Alpenjager, Thanks :)

You need to get a Y chromosome deep test if you want to Know more.

https://www.yfull.com
https://www.yseq.net
https://www.familytreedna.com/products/y-dna

You already know that you are CTS8862, if available test below that.

More info on T:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33409-Updated-page-and-tree-on-Y-haplogroup-T

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information. I had already seen Phylogenetic three but I did not know 3 links👍😀

my map

the red marker near you is from Torretto..........he is a northern italian who married a German ...........I need to recheck but I think he is a cimbri
The orange marker near Rome is a mr. Viselli ....1 step distance from me and yet to be confirmed as Z19945
from another site..my matches

Look for big red oval CTS8489 (it’s another name for CTS8862) at the bottom left of the tree, is in the Europe Middle Bronze Age Branch, 3700 ybp old.
Notice the mutations, you could be positive for some of them.
Y T Phylogenetic Tree - Made by Alpenjager, Thanks :)

You need to get a Y chromosome deep test if you want to Know more.

https://www.yfull.com
https://www.yseq.net
https://www.familytreedna.com/products/y-dna

You already know that you are CTS8862, if available test below that.

More info on T:
https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/33409-Updated-page-and-tree-on-Y-haplogroup-T

@Sile, do you know what Alpenjager meant by marking CTS1848 as Andalusi refugees? I am intrigued as to how they came to mark it as such and what it means for our clades. Thanks.

@Sile, do you know what Alpenjager meant by marking CTS1848 as Andalusi refugees? I am intrigued as to how they came to mark it as such and what it means for our clades. Thanks.
no idea
while your line went to CTS1848 .........mine did not and went in the NW line as that is the only way to go.
I imagine that Z19945 will end up being a junction where a few lines will split off ...............I also think that Z19945 was created ( its origin) between Alsace and Bavaria .......there are too many that come from there

Sile, where does CTS6507 fit in on the T-M184 tree?
under T1a1-P77
info
T-P77*
T-Y4964 FGC3996/Y4964 * Z711/FGC3970 * Y4982/FGC3994formed 4900 ybp, TMRCA 4500 ybpinfo
T-Y4964*
T-Y29990 * Y29994 * Y29992+7 SNPsformed 4500 ybp, TMRCA 3000 ybpinfo
id:YF08255GRC
id:YF02393ARE
T-Y4990 FGC4009/Y4956/A22205 * CTS4647 * FGC4005+2 SNPsformed 4500 ybp, TMRCA 4400 ybpinfo
T-Y4990*
id:YF02424IRQ
T-CTS6507 formed 4400 ybp, TMRCA 4400 ybpinfo
id:ERS256914ITA [IT-CA]

Thanks a lot, Sile. You guys have been discovering amazing connections and networks bewteen people who never ever thought of having these common genetic bonds. I need to educate myself further on technical terms.
It would be amazing to create some dictionary or explanation on this tree so the laymen would be able to better understand these interesting links more easily.

my current matches .........with zero or 1 distance.....from ftdna
red is noted as SNP Z19945 group in Ftdna T project
blue confirmed Z19945 but not in T project
0 Carmine Anthony DiChiara
0 Timothy Brennan
0 Mr. Maury Lamar Jones II
0 Mr. Joseph "Mac" Hill
0 William Bradshaw Atherholt
0 Mr. Jack Jones
0 Mr. Damjan Mozetic .................original name Mosetti from Trentino Italy
0 Richard A. Crump
0 Gary Reddick ........................original name Radich from Hesse Germany
0 Michael William Benedetto
0 Leonard Schales
1 Donald Mattos ...............................original name Costa
1 Petar Nikolov Petrov
1 Daniel Ávila Caldeira
1 Thomas Riley ....................................original name Wolfe
1 Gerhard Ludwig Fiedler
1 Terry Brooks
1 Douglas C. Bowen
1 Francisco Bernot
1 Eduardo Bernot
1 K Fundora

1 Inoncencio Higuera
1 Richard George Perry ...................original name Pereira
1 Roy Curtis Parker
1 Daniel Alexander Rossi

at Kevin

I see Richard wrote to us and gave us his gedmatch ID ................he has zero connection with myself after I tested us through Gedmatch
since he is one distance from me , I assume then this 1 distance must be over 1500 years ago , basically the commencement of SNP CTS1848 ( which i am negative ) .
We then, are in the same boat ................
As for yourself with Richard, you must match as you both are positive CTS1848 .........would I assume this to be true?

at Kevin

I see Richard wrote to us and gave us his gedmatch ID ................he has zero connection with myself after I tested us through Gedmatch
since he is one distance from me , I assume then this 1 distance must be over 1500 years ago , basically the commencement of SNP CTS1848 ( which i am negative ) .
We then, are in the same boat ................
As for yourself with Richard, you must match as you both are positive CTS1848 .........would I assume this to be true?

@Sile please use my username on this forum and yes I saw he emailed us, glad he reached out. I no longer have Gedmatch so I won't be able to find out how closely we are related in that sense. And yes, Richard is perhaps the closest to me in the clade thus far besides the Bernot family.

@Sile please use my username on this forum and yes I saw he emailed us, glad he reached out. I no longer have Gedmatch so I won't be able to find out how closely we are related in that sense. And yes, Richard is perhaps the closest to me in the clade thus far besides the Bernot family.

np

In my previous post , where I showed my zero and 1 distance matches, the trend I get is that my zero distance matches have negative CTS1848, and the one with 1 distance matches seem to have positive CTS1848...............is that the case for yourself to myself?

np

In my previous post , where I showed my zero and 1 distance matches, the trend I get is that my zero distance matches have negative CTS1848, and the one with 1 distance matches seem to have positive CTS1848...............is that the case for yourself to myself?

For us that is true as you are 1 GD from me at 12 markers. As for the rest of my matches at this level, here is my list (and to keep your same color coding system: red are confirmed Z19945+ in the T project group while green are grouped with Z19945+ but not yet confirmed)

0 R. G. Perry
1 D. Mattos
1 E. H. Curtiss
1 J. Jones
1 V. Pretotto

For us that is true as you are 1 GD from me at 12 markers. As for the rest of my matches at this level, here is my list (and to keep your same color coding system: red are confirmed Z19945+ in the T project group while green are grouped with Z19945+ but not yet confirmed)
0 R. G. Perry
1 D. Mattos
1 E. H. Curtiss
1 J. Jones
1 V. Pretotto
Thanks Huracan
here is the Frush family which Curtiss belongs to...looks like positive for CTS1848

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour?iframe=ycolorized
if you check the ftdna project above...you will see curtiss...plus all the T-M70 from the Frush line ......all confirmed Z19945 via the yFull team

I do not remember................. if Jack Jones belongs to the Drakes of Plymouth ( not francis drake line ) or from ????? from Mengelsdorf old east Germany

my current matches .........with zero or 1 distance.....from ftdna
red is noted as SNP Z19945 group in Ftdna T project
blue confirmed Z19945 but not in T project
0 Carmine Anthony DiChiara
0 Timothy Brennan
0 Mr. Maury Lamar Jones II
0 Mr. Joseph "Mac" Hill
0 William Bradshaw Atherholt
0 Mr. Jack Jones
0 Mr. Damjan Mozetic .................original name Mosetti from Trentino Italy
0 Richard A. Crump
0 Gary Reddick ........................original name Radich from Hesse Germany
0 Michael William Benedetto
0 Leonard Schales
1 Donald Mattos ...............................original name Costa
1 Petar Nikolov Petrov
1 Daniel Ávila Caldeira
1 Thomas Riley ....................................original name Wolfe
1 Gerhard Ludwig Fiedler
1 Terry Brooks
1 Douglas C. Bowen
1 Francisco Bernot
1 Eduardo Bernot
1 K Fundora

1 Inoncencio Higuera
1 Richard George Perry ...................original name Pereira
1 Roy Curtis Parker
1 Daniel Alexander Rossi
Terry Brooks ancestors are Jonannes Brucke from Bamberg Germany
Elisabeth Brücke, 1587 - 1622
Elisabeth Brücke was born in 1587, in Elsoff Wittgenstein, to Johannes Rück.
Johannes was born in 1557, in Elsoff Wittgenstein.
Elisabeth married Johannes Brücke on February 16 1612, at age 25 in Elsoff Berleburg Wittgenstein.
Johannes was born in 1582.
They had one daughter: Eulalia Kloos (born Brücke).
Elisabeth passed away on December 24 1622, at age 35 in Elsoff Wittgenstein.
John Brucke 1610 -1679
father of
john brooke 1636 -1695
father of
Benjamin Brooks 1685-1745

Last edited:
William ( bradshaw ) Atherholt ..ancestral line.'
Christian Atherholt 1724-1812 Hanover Germany
father of
Christian Atherholt 1756 - 1838 died in USA
father of
John Atherholt 1817 -1883 USA
etc

Unsure what to make of phylogeographer
in regard to T haplogroup .............looks like they state the beginning was Mardin East Turkey
and my SNP of Z19945 created in Porrentruy Switzerland
Below is there map for my line
other map showed CTS1848 origins are East of Paris

These people have access to all genetic services and data can only be entered by administrators

in regard to T haplogroup .............looks like they state the beginning was Mardin East Turkey

These people have access to all genetic services and data can only be entered by administrators

I noticed T CTS54 around Rome.
Z19945 is younger than CTS54.
... CTS54 > CTS8489 (CTS8862) > Z19945 > CTS1848
Just wondering if that CTS54 is final, or not.

ps I can’t figure out your Avatar, are you drowning upside-down? LOL
Wait, I see it now: Message in a Bottle. :)

I noticed T CTS54 around Rome.
Z19945 is younger than CTS54.
... CTS54 > CTS8489 (CTS8862) > Z19945 > CTS1848
Just wondering if that CTS54 is final, or not.

ps I can’t figure out your Avatar, are you drowning upside-down? LOL
Wait, I see it now: Message in a Bottle. :)

I spoke to the administrators and they state the the points are final, but the migrational route is not......CTS8489 is near Geneva on the map.
As I state , unsure how accurate it is , but as usual it would get better as they place more Yfull and Bigy samples into it.
I thought I better change my avatar since I ran it for over 2 years...........I did not know it is an "issue" for some

This is very interesting! I've never heard of this feature before and wonder how accurate it is. The migration pattern they propose is different than the ones I was hypothesizing for our clades all the way back to L446 and especially CTS11984... I don't think CTS11984/CTS54 originated in Italy because there is an Armenian in the T project that is CTS11984+. I think the Swiss Alp placement of CTS8489/CTS8862 is still consistent with the Ashkenazi Jewish CTS8862+ group in the T project since this population is believed to descend from Jews living along the Rhine and in the general surrounding region. Interesting nonetheless.

This thread has been viewed 465987 times.

Back