Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

Yfull new date range for T-BY143483

note that yfull does not use the standard year 1950 as other do............it seems to use year 2000

so, T-Z19945 is TMRCA 3300

T-BY143483 is TMRCA 3000 ...............so circa 1000BC ..............drill down and they have anywhere between 950Bc to 1200BC is when it formed .............it's initial date of 450BC is an error

Hello, I am T-CTS1848, FTDNA 917435. I am wondering if I should get the y-700 and I currently have the 111. Any suggestions?

M184, TL490, M70, Z19859, L131, L446, Y6055, CTS99, CTS10803, Z19939, Z19939, CTS11984, CTS8489, CTS8862, Z19945, CTS1848 is my Tree but I need to purchase the M184 SNP pack or the y-700?

Hello, I am T-CTS1848, FTDNA 917435. I am wondering if I should get the y-700 and I currently have the 111. Any suggestions?

M184, TL490, M70, Z19859, L131, L446, Y6055, CTS99, CTS10803, Z19939, Z19939, CTS11984, CTS8489, CTS8862, Z19945, CTS1848 is my Tree but I need to purchase the M184 SNP pack or the y-700?

you belong to T group .............T1a2

you will fit in the second group of the ftdna T project of the T1a2 group, the one with CTS1848

Write to Gareth [email protected]
He runs the ftdna T project and will place you once you join the project ......................he can guide you ...............but I doubt you need to do much as snp CTS1848 is very much it for your line

In regards to us
we both have Z19945 .............your line split to CTS1848 and mine to BY143483

The latest I have seen is that Z19945 formed around the modern borders of Austrian and Czech lands in the late Bronze age

you belong to T group .............T1a2

you will fit in the second group of the ftdna T project of the T1a2 group, the one with CTS1848

Write to Gareth [email protected]
He runs the ftdna T project and will place you once you join the project ......................he can guide you ...............but I doubt you need to do much as snp CTS1848 is very much it for your line

In regards to us
we both have Z19945 .............your line split to CTS1848 and mine to BY143483

The latest I have seen is that Z19945 formed around the modern borders of Austrian and Czech lands in the late Bronze age

@Kelley

is this below , your ancestor?

Jacob Gockley, 1799 - 1862

Jacob Gockley was born on June 29 1799, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA, to Sebastian Caquelin Gacklie and Anna Maria Caquelin Gacklie (born Hoffman).
Sebastian was born on March 26 1761, in Lancaster County Pennsylvania, USA.

and /or

all of these in the link ..............basically in Alsace ( a french/german ) area

https://www.mytrees.com/names/Event/Year/1/CAQUELIN

Torzio, I am from the Cockley line thru Sebastian Caquelin who arrived from Waldersbach, Alsace in 1753 at PA. I have a history of the Gockley's someone wrote and it was a very interesting read. I am assuming you have it.

Torzio, I am from the Cockley line thru Sebastian Caquelin who arrived from Waldersbach, Alsace in 1753 at PA. I have a history of the Gockley's someone wrote and it was a very interesting read. I am assuming you have it.

thanks

I see you have joined the ftdna T project

Who are some of the surnames that appear in Family-Finder matches

I found your Sebastian Caquelin ................actually both Sebastians, father and son...............................this line comes via
Birthplace: Waldersbach, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France

I presume you are from the Nicholas line and not his brother the Didier one

looking at this line via https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinsheim Baden Germany .................but Caquelin is clearly a french name

I presume Gareth will put you in the group with the Walloon members of CTS1848

I have the following as my top matches in Ftdna after family members ................are you saying you are part of this patrick Walsh or not part

First 3 are one family on my mothers side
Lello is paternal from trentino
Miotto from veneto
you or not ????????????
Neuman from trentino
poe from austria
Tax .............new and dutch .......no idea or contact
Hintz from morgan veneto married into a paternal cousin side

Can we clear this up as I am still unsure ................I also have a patrick Walsh in Yfull near my sample

contact from Neuman ...........it is confirmed via BDM records , she is my 3rd cousin ...........her line is not via Ydna, but mtdna via my paternal line ( even though ftdna indicate a blue man icon for her ) ........her ancestor in from my great great grandfather brother

Last edited:
Sample N145191 is surname Goldin .....from ancestors in Monselice, Padova, Veneto
he is T1a2-CTS1848

He sits in Group with the Caquelin of Alsace, also T1a2-CTS1848
and the Bernot family of Walloon Belgium ( who state their origins as Gorizia Friuli .......!?! ) .....to name a few

@salento

I do not have nat-geno latest so I cannot look up a T sample ..............can you?
sample ID is
N25425 ...............belongs to the Wagner or Wegner line from
IT.png
spacer.gif
civ 28, Sanzeno 38010, Italy ................unsure if info is correct except for kit #

other surnames associated with this are Zanardo and Pivetta

@salento

I do not have nat-geno latest so I cannot look up a T sample ..............can you?
sample ID is
N25425 ...............belongs to the Wagner or Wegner line from
IT.png
spacer.gif
civ 28, Sanzeno 38010, Italy ................unsure if info is correct except for kit #

other surnames associated with this are Zanardo and Pivetta

👎 ... I don’t see him in the T project or in the matches.

Thanks

strange ...........N represents Nat-geno samples

Christina A Tax

11/20/2019

3rd Cousin - 5th Cousin ...................longest block 15

The German surname Tax is derived from the Old German word "dachs" or "dahs," meaning "badger."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dach, Dachs, Das, Taks, Tax, Dache, Dax, Dacks

Ftdna states paternal side ....I need to check

@salento
Ftdna has redone our group in T project............we sit together with the Pole from Pomerania who states he has german ancestors .............I am in regular contact with him ( a grandfather like me )

Christina A Tax

11/20/2019

3rd Cousin - 5th Cousin ...................longest block 15

The German surname Tax is derived from the Old German word "dachs" or "dahs," meaning "badger."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dach, Dachs, Das, Taks, Tax, Dache, Dax, Dacks

Ftdna states paternal side ....I need to check

@salento
Ftdna has redone our group in T project............we sit together with the Pole from Pomerania who states he has german ancestors .............I am in regular contact with him ( a grandfather like me )

Tax/Dachs is linked with me via surname Varaschin

http://venetoedintorni.it/cognomi-veneti/significato_cognome_varaschin_12657.html

Potrebbe derivare da un soprannome dialettale stante ad indicare la provenienza dei capostipiti dal paese di Varago nel trevisano, oppure basato sul termine che indica la ticchiolatura della frutta, cioè la comparsa delle macchie nerastre, forse a caratterizzare un particolare aspetto della pelle del capostipite.
Il cognome Varaschin è tipicamente veneto, del trevisano.
Varaschini, rarissimo, sembrerebbe anch'esso veneto e dovrebbe essere dovuto ad un'alterazione del precedente.

my link is via town called Villorba < Veneto http://www.codiceinverso.it/directory-cognomi/varaschin.html

Tax/Dachs is linked with me via surname Varaschin

http://venetoedintorni.it/cognomi-veneti/significato_cognome_varaschin_12657.html

Potrebbe derivare da un soprannome dialettale stante ad indicare la provenienza dei capostipiti dal paese di Varago nel trevisano, oppure basato sul termine che indica la ticchiolatura della frutta, cioè la comparsa delle macchie nerastre, forse a caratterizzare un particolare aspetto della pelle del capostipite.
Il cognome Varaschin è tipicamente veneto, del trevisano.
Varaschini, rarissimo, sembrerebbe anch'esso veneto e dovrebbe essere dovuto ad un'alterazione del precedente.

my link is via town called Villorba < Veneto http://www.codiceinverso.it/directory-cognomi/varaschin.html

check sister account ..............vasachin also appears for her

Paternal:
Tiziano Francesco Varaschin, b. 1875 and d. 1930

looks like from Montebelluna ....................she has for this match
4th Cousin - Remote Cousin .................longest block 16

will also check

Maternal:
Antonio Franzoi, b. 1791 and d. 1865

Last edited:
In the T project I still see only three T-BY143483

you, me and ...

Do you know if there are other T-BY143483 not included in the project and how many of them are in all?

the Pole is a pomeranian from where i said in earlier posts ................I spoke to him yesterday, he still says ancestors german

the Pole is a pomeranian from where i said in earlier posts ................I spoke to him yesterday, he still says ancestors german

I guess ... just the three of us then ...

... below: R850 SZ36 CL23

XD8tspY.jpg

I guess ... just the three of us then ...

... below: R850 SZ36 CL23

XD8tspY.jpg

I do not get your setup ..............my explorer is next to haplo I

I do not get your setup ..............my explorer is next to haplo I

y T SZ36 is one of my closest samples, that’s probably why in the Explorer y T is below me :)

lTmFuIH.jpg

This thread has been viewed 466122 times.

Back