Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

... on MTA my mtDNA beat my Y at least 10 to 1

Y T:

XoioWhX.jpg

mtDNA H:

3QI5z83.jpg

on that site , I only match CL23 and SZ36 of the samples you presented

on that site , I only match CL23 and SZ36 of the samples you presented

It also depends on what level you paid for, and the number of samples you have.

Yfull kit YF75971 I was told is T1a2 and Z19945 .............I asked for more information

Sample from ...Thuringen Germany

I3403 (1805 AD) Skeleton Lake (traveler)

T1a2 (L131)

I3403 closest modern
Q9f87we.jpg

I3403 Closest Ancient

6CrPzyh.jpg

Last edited:
MTA y T Tree:

R850 - SZ36 - CL23 - R120 - R1543 - I3403

3qyGNuF.jpg

MTA y T Tree:

R850 - SZ36 - CL23 - R120 - R1543 - I3403

3qyGNuF.jpg

mine

[h=6]Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic[/h]I3403 (1805 AD)

[h=6]mtDNA Haplogroup: X2d[/h][h=6]Y-DNA Haplogroup: T1a2 (L131)[/h]
Genetic Distance: 21.442
Sample Match! 94% closer than other users

??? LivingDNA shows an ancient y T migration to Australia ???
I thought it was a y K !!!

‘A0-T’ ‘F’ ‘K’ ‘T’

z6MXdZ5.jpg

Salento and Torzio: Just for my own information, Y-DNA T arrived in Italy in various places with Neolithic expansion or earlier. Wow, I know you two have indicated you have the same Y-DNA Haplogroup buy seeing both of your MyTrueancestry Y DNA Trees match up exactly is incredible. An American of Italian ancestry whose ancestors are from Puglia and an Australian of Italian Ancestry from Northern region matching up that close. Wow.

Thanks for the posts from both of you, really informative and neat to see that way in successive posts.

??? LivingDNA shows an ancient y T migration to Australia ???
I thought it was a y K !!!

‘A0-T’ ‘F’ ‘K’ ‘T’

z6MXdZ5.jpg

Living are talking about haplogroup K-M9 .....see below for Australians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_K-M9

their K-M9 , IIRC became haplogroups M and S

our K-M9 became haplogroup LT ...............and then this split into L and T

Salento and Torzio: Just for my own information, Y-DNA T arrived in Italy in various places with Neolithic expansion or earlier. Wow, I know you two have indicated you have the same Y-DNA Haplogroup buy seeing both of your MyTrueancestry Y DNA Trees match up exactly is incredible. An American of Italian ancestry whose ancestors are from Puglia and an Australian of Italian Ancestry from Northern region matching up that close. Wow.
Thanks for the posts from both of you, really informative and neat to see that way in successive posts.

y T is been in Europe at least since the Early Neolithic.

I was born in Italy (Puglia), and as of now I've lived more years in Italy than in America, thought I’m a U.S. Citizen now, ...

under Bush the Young the US needed smart people, ... obviously they made a mistake, LOL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsdorf_remains

since haplogroup T have been found in eastern Bulgaria and central Germany in early neolithic times, then I guess salento and my lines split off towards Italy on that line somewhere....maybe ancient Hungaria

y T is been in Europe at least since the Early Neolithic.

I was born in Italy (Puglia), and as of now I've lived more years in Italy than in America, thought I’m an American Citizen now, ...

under Bush the Young the US needed smart people, ... obviously they made a mistake, LOL

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsdorf_remains

Salento: Wow, I didn't know you were actually born in Puglia! Man that is really neat, I assume you still have first cousins there, etc. I just thought your grandparents and great-parents came over during the large immigration from Southern Italians during the late 19th and early 20th century. Thanks for the clarification. You might have said that somewhere and I just missed it.

since haplogroup T have been found in eastern Bulgaria and central Germany in early neolithic times, then I guess salento and my lines split off towards Italy on that line somewhere....maybe ancient Hungaria

Ok, makes sense. Has anyone been able to pinpoint the earliest T1a in Italy. Just curios as to how accurate these Y DNA analyses like Ftdna Big Y are. I have been thinking about doing more on my I-M223 Y DNA to further find out about my own line as I-M223 was the Y DNA of the 2 Mesolithic WHG in the Ancient Roman paper by Antonio et al 2019 and the other was the immediate up-stream I-M436. I-M436, the immediate Upstream has been documented in Trapani in Western Sicily in the pre-print Vande Loosdrecht et al 2020 paper in a WHG from the Grotta Del Uzzo site in Trapani.

So I am slowly starting to do more research on my own Y DNA line and looking for good DNA sites to do that work, many here suggest Ftdna Big Y so that is a likely one I am going to use.

@Torzio thanks

@PT
If you look above at the image on post #805 you'll see that R850 (650 BC Latin) is a y T1a...

@Torzio thanks

@PT
If you look above at the image on post #805 you'll see that R850 (650 BC Latin) is a y T1a...

since T is under haplogroup K-M9, along with other haplogroups of R , N, O, Q and L ...............it means that T has no connection with haplogroup of J or E

@Torzio thanks

@PT

Sure is, ok, that is something. So you and Torzio not only share genetic affinity with R850 (I do as well) but share his Y DNA Haplogroup. Very good results for both of you.(y)

Sure is, ok, that is something. So you and Torzio not only share genetic affinity with R850 (I do as well) but share his Y DNA Haplogroup. Very good results for both of you.(y)

not exactly, ... you asked for the oldest T1a in Italy,
R850 is T1a1..., Torzio and I are T1a2... though we're all descended from T1a :)

also we autosomally differ from R850, especially Torzio, I think.

R850 is T1a1..., Torzio and I are T1a2... though we're all descended from T1a :)

I have zero R850 sample appearing in my first 100 and also does not appear in my outlier samples

I have zero R850 sample appearing in my first 100 and also does not appear in my outlier samples
I do share a deep dive with R850 :)

K55eX5L.jpg

IA dod k7
H8MgC0d.jpg

Ok, I get DNA deep dive with R850 as well even though I don't have T1a. Sorry about my own confusion. It terms of distance, I have always been closest to R437 as well. R850 shows up for me in Deep Dive in MyTrueancestry but R437 is always closer for me. Dodecad 12B Ancient. Ok, you get Deep Dive with both R437 and R850, 2 Iron Age Romans. (y) While I am close to R437 on all calculators, I don't get the Deep Dive match.

Distance to:PalermoTrapani
4.18976133R437_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Selicata
13.23641568R850_Iron_Age_Ardea
16.54641653R475_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
17.40331865R1_Iron_Age_Protovillanovan_Martinsicuro
20.72008205R474_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
23.17349132R1015_Iron_Age_Veio_Grotta_Gramiccia
23.21816315R1016_Iron_Age_Castel_di_Decima
23.78614092R473_Iron_Age_Civitavecchia
25.41911682R1021_Iron_Age_Boville_Ernica
27.54563123R851_Iron_Age_Ardea
30.24831400R435_Iron_Age_Palestrina_Colombella

This thread has been viewed 466902 times.

Back