Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

Another match.......i seem to be getting a lot of matches....i wonder if it is due to my 700 results coming in today

Georg Fischer T-L446
1829 chemitz , old east-germany
Ftdna 171516

Congrats for the Y700 test.

Did you get the results already? or, are you still waiting for them? :)

Congrats for the Y700 test.

Did you get the results already? or, are you still waiting for them? :)

Due today

The last 2 matching people could be errors....i do not know why ftdna asked me more questions and survey about my family lines

Due today

The last 2 matching people could be errors....i do not know why ftdna asked me more questions and survey about my family lines

Probably to build a database with Timing, Relations, Names, and Locations, to so compare with present and future possible matches, and to figure out and to follow their movements and migrations.

Probably to build a database with Timing, Relations, Names, and Locations, to so compare with present and future possible matches, and to figure out and to follow their movements and migrations.

Did you get this questionaire from ftdna ?

Did you get this questionaire from ftdna ?

I see an option for the Family Ancestry Survey on the main page (I guess everybody can take the optional Survey).

I see an option for the Family Ancestry Survey on the main page (I guess everybody can take the optional Survey).

they put my test back to 11 Sept.....batch 953 ........crap

Another ftdna T1a2 match ( a distance of 1 ) with myself yesterday......from the persons family tree, i went back to

Herman Im Hoff from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuwied
b 1601

had son .....Antonius b.1620 d.1677 same place but in heddersdorf , Neuwied, Pfalz

further contact
Herman married Triggen Kupperskotten

Antonius married Anna Polch b. 23/2/1617 Pfalz

Have an old 23andme match with a family named Prevedel, from Brez, Trento.........they have come about with another link i have from same area , named Neumann......(this one also appear in ftdna matches, as a 3rd cousin )
I was wondering on how can i link the 3 families and see if it is a ydna or mtdna match

results are in ...........awaiting completion

Big Y-700 Ordered 03/27/2019 953
Big Y-700 Batched 03/27/2019 953
Big Y-700 Completed 09/06/2019 953

I had to give them where my paternal and maternal lines came from ..................not including cousins, uncles etc.......just a direct line
below is from 1450 to 1950 .......these are only birth and death markers

latest position by ftdna site on T-Z19945

looks like Vienna area

latest position by ftdna site on T-Z19945

looks like Vienna area

Where can I find such maps on ftdna site?

results are in ...........awaiting completion

Big Y-700 Ordered 03/27/2019 953
Big Y-700 Batched 03/27/2019 953
Big Y-700 Completed 09/06/2019 953

I had to give them where my paternal and maternal lines came from ..................not including cousins, uncles etc.......just a direct line
below is from 1450 to 1950 .......these are only birth and death markers

global 10 analysis for myself

Distance: 1.5981% / 0.01598092
Aggregated
53.8Italian_Lombardy
23.8German_East
13.4Sicilian_East
2.8Italian_Liguria
2.6Belarusian

I have a 0 step away match in ftdna with william hill...in wikitree site, his tree is associated with another T-m70 person , named erspamer ( somewhere in the veneti alps ), yet this erspamer is not linked to me....yet when i go down their wikitree line...i am 1 step from their ancestor the Koethe line from grossfurra, thuringa
I really wonder if ftdna step matching really works

I have a 0 step away match in ftdna with william hill...in wikitree site, his tree is associated with another T-m70 person , named erspamer ( somewhere in the veneti alps ), yet this erspamer is not linked to me....yet when i go down their wikitree line...i am 1 step from their ancestor the Koethe line from grossfurra, thuringa

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Hill-3101

I'm not an expert, but I think it depends on how much markers are compared. I.E, a 12 markers 0 step match doesn't necessary mean anything close.

Despite having tested 111 markers, I have only 12 markers matches. Some of my matches aren't even P312!

I'm not an expert, but I think it depends on how much markers are compared. I.E, a 12 markers 0 step match doesn't necessary mean anything close.

Despite having tested 111 markers, I have only 12 markers matches. Some of my matches aren't even P312!

agree....could be 1000 years apart

further contact today with a T-Z19945 who matches me in ftdna

from Balduzzi family of Trentino, Italy

There is a name change somewhere
as these all link into each other

Adam Wolff
Birth
21 Nov 1627 Stadtkreis Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

his son is
Heinrich Wolff

Birth
Death1733 (aged 82–83)

his son is
Johann Adam Wolff

Birth
7 Feb 1688
Death18 Sep 1741 (aged 53)

wife of johan was Maria Barbara Weydler

1689–1769

Another ftdna T1a2 match ( a distance of 1 ) with myself yesterday......from the persons family tree, i went back to

Herman Im Hoff from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuwied
b 1601

had son .....Antonius b.1620 d.1677 same place but in heddersdorf , Neuwied, Pfalz

1 step from myself

Christopher Daryl Hoff
note_16x16.gif
Y-DNA37 FF

Anthonius Hoff, b. 1616 and d. 1677

further contact today with a T-Z19945 who matches me in ftdna

from Balduzzi family of Trentino, Italy

There is a name change somewhere
as these all link into each other

Adam Wolff
Birth21 Nov 1627 Stadtkreis Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

his son is
Heinrich Wolff

Birth1650
Death1733 (aged 82–83)

his son is
Johann Adam Wolff

Birth7 Feb 1688
Death18 Sep 1741 (aged 53)

wife of johan was Maria Barbara Weydler

1689–1769

1 step from myself

Thomas Riley(Wolf)
note_16x16.gif
Y-DNA67 FF

Johann Adam Wolff, b.1688 and d. 1741

This thread has been viewed 462411 times.

Back