Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

these notes could be your cousins...they have the same Ydna
N145191 is now part of my group in the Ftdna T project. His surname is Cockley but he has a identical match with the surname Caquelin so I suspect his ancestry is French. And it is the same family.
BTW.....it is Gockley and not Cockley ..........ancestry given to me was
-Nicholas Caquelin 1650 from Walersbach Alsace has son
-Sebastian Caquelin (1689 - 1751), married Marie Banzet ( Benzing )(1684 - 1733), her parents are Christopher Banzet/Benzing of Bellefosse and Jehanne Neuviller
-Jean Nicholas Caquelin (1718-1796) married Magdalena Barbara Eberly, her parents are Michael Eberly and Veronica Ulrich

in ftdna

I also have matches with Ulrich and Benzing ( also in 23andme )

so you are Caquelin, as in french surname and changed once arriving in England .................what is your relation with Saxons, I am confused
I need to go back a few years and find the notes from Caquelin ancestors on this site

I am the other kit in the T project, Kessel. I was confused why Caquelin and I had the same clade but weren't showing as matches. I asked Gareth and he estimates that we shared a ancestor between 2400 and 2600 years ago. He mentioned that the large number of private variants prevent the FTDNA algorithm to calculate a match (Caquelin has 29 private variants and I have 34). As far as the Saxons go, my father's family was in Transylvania from somewhere between 1137 and 1400 until 1944. They were in Austria for a few years and then arrived in the USA in 1953. Prior to the migration to Transylvania they were likely in the same region as Caquelin's ancestors.

Thanks again for the information!

I am the other kit in the T project, Kessel. I was confused why Caquelin and I had the same clade but weren't showing as matches. I asked Gareth and he estimates that we shared a ancestor between 2400 and 2600 years ago. He mentioned that the large number of private variants prevent the FTDNA algorithm to calculate a match (Caquelin has 29 private variants and I have 34). As far as the Saxons go, my father's family was in Transylvania from somewhere between 1137 and 1400 until 1944. They were in Austria for a few years and then arrived in the USA in 1953. Prior to the migration to Transylvania they were likely in the same region as Caquelin's ancestors.

Thanks again for the information!

with your DYS390 = 23 .........you group with either German or Latvian T1a2 ydna - snp CTS1848 group

you seem to match with a Maurer kit# 286444

Thanks Torizo! That is interesting about Maurer. He is showing as one of my 12 marker matches at a genetic distance of one step. It looks like he also has an origin in Romania. There are Maurers in on my father's side of the family tree from the village in Transylvania. Maurer is a job related name (mason) so I'm not sure if there would be a way to confirm any connection with him and the Maurers from the village.

Thanks Torizo! That is interesting about Maurer. He is showing as one of my 12 marker matches at a genetic distance of one step. It looks like he also has an origin in Romania. There are Maurers in on my father's side of the family tree from the village in Transylvania. Maurer is a job related name (mason) so I'm not sure if there would be a way to confirm any connection with him and the Maurers from the village.

all of the T in the link are T1a2 with CTS1848 but are 22 ....................you must be a late splitter from this line ......................do you have any in your matches?

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour?iframe=yresults

All of my 10 matches that are in the T project are 23. They are only matches at the 12 marker level. The two that had the highest levels of testing were clades T-Y21204 and T-BY109563, which look like they split prior to CTS1848. I think these two kits might be related as they have the same surname and same country of origin. Gareth did mention that I had 34 private variants. Now to figure out the other 33!

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 8.23.05 PM.jpg
The new YFull CTS1848* sample (@torzio you said he was from the Netherlands?) was placed in a new subclade with me in the live version of the tree. Let's see if it stays. Very interesting

https://www.yfull.com/live/tree/T-CTS1848/

View attachment 13067
The new YFull CTS1848* sample (@torzio you said he was from the Netherlands?) was placed in a new subclade with me in the live version of the tree. Let's see if it stays. Very interesting
https://www.yfull.com/live/tree/T-CTS1848/
your snp changed

if he is from Netherlands .......................then he is with my Polish link as he wrote to me they where originally from Netherlands and joined the hansetic league of the baltic sea

your snp changed

if he is from Netherlands .......................then he is with my Polish link as he wrote to me they where originally from Netherlands and joined the hansetic league of the baltic sea

You mean the Polish BY143483* (surname Bartosiak)? Wasn't his line originally from Thuringia then to Poland?

You mean the Polish BY143483* (surname Bartosiak)? Wasn't his line originally from Thuringia then to Poland?
we went into much further chit -chat ................he states as I just noted above

Last edited:
Great to know! thanks
further info
His line from his gfather line was from Torun Poland ( dutch settlers )

He is checking if they link with

For centuries the inhabitants of the Netherlands have been famed for a skill unknown to other nations, namely that of draining and reclaiming submerged land. When the wave of reform movements in the Catholic church began to sweep across Europe in the 16th century, many, among them the self-declared Mennonites1, had to leave their native soil and emigrate to neighboring or even far-off countries to seek refuge. The first Dutch began to pour into Polish territory circa 1526-27, as they have been located in the vicinity of Paslek in Eastern Prussia in 1527. It appears that this was a populace of wholly Dutch origin. From that time also dates the beginning of a massive exodus of people - described in the Republic of those days as olederski [Dutch, "Hollander"] - from the Netherlands and northern Germany. The colonization advanced in a southerly direction, along the line of the Vistula, and thus reached Saska Kepa in 1624.
He also noted something about scots in Poland

from the latest russian paper on the Tatars

their conclusion on T1a2 ydna for these Tatars

@Salento ..............there is only one snp difference from us and some of these Tatars who are T1a2

To the T-CTS933 line, probably to its sub-branch T-M70>L131>Y6033>Z19917>CTS933>Z19890>S2746, Mountain side samples include:

v. Murali, Kaybitsky district of the Republic of Tatarstan; Republic of Bashkortostan: v. Taimeevo
Salavatsky district of the Republic of Belarus, Rasmekeevo Kushnarenkovsky district of the Republic of Belarus; Orenburzhya: the village of Ibryaevo, Krasnogvardeisky district, Orenburg region. STR-
haplotypes of these samples are close to each other140.

The ancient subclade T-S2746 is found both in Europe (Holland, Germania, Italy), and in the Middle East (Turkey, Iraq).

from the latest russian paper on the Tatars
their conclusion on T1a2 ydna for these Tatars
@Salento ..............there is only one snp difference from us and some of these Tatars who are T1a2
To the T-CTS933 line, probably to its sub-branch T-M70>L131>Y6033>Z19917>CTS933>Z19890>S2746, Mountain side samples include:
v. Murali, Kaybitsky district of the Republic of Tatarstan; Republic of Bashkortostan: v. Taimeevo
Salavatsky district of the Republic of Belarus, Rasmekeevo Kushnarenkovsky district of the Republic of Belarus; Orenburzhya: the village of Ibryaevo, Krasnogvardeisky district, Orenburg region. STR-
haplotypes of these samples are close to each other140.
The ancient subclade T-S2746 is found both in Europe (Holland, Germania, Italy), and in the Middle East (Turkey, Iraq).

… thanks Torzio, … if you know it, could you please post the link to that latest Russian paper, … the most recent ones I found don’t have any y T in them :)

S27463 also found in Iran, Azerbaijan, and Turkey ... not too far from Volga Russia region. Very cool.

which company uses IN as their sample ID'S ?

New ftdna SNP tracker.

Bronze age celt now for T-Z19945

This thread has been viewed 468147 times.

Back