Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

This is with semargl right? I am closest to T8WMY (Russo on ysearch) followed by two UK N41050 and 38362 and DG4TT (Milligan on ysearch)...

This is with semargl right? I am closest to T8WMY (Russo on ysearch) followed by two UK N41050 and 38362 and DG4TT (Milligan on ysearch)...

yes and thanks

I also have weird closeness in ysearch with:
286444 Christian Maurer from southern Romania
and
194479 Daniel Hoff from Wurtenburg Germany ( sometimes uses the surname Smelser ( Smelzer ) from Tyrol )

I do not get your connections

@KF

with the new ftdna revamp in matches recently, I received two more matches

francesco Miotto and another with surname Ulrich

in my family tree
in the 19th century I have ( registry documents)

vittorio Miotto from Arcade` Veneto , Italy married Rosa Arman
her father married a Ulrich ..........but I cannot see a connection

did you receive any updates?

L446+ cts11984

I had my brother's DNA tested a few years back and we've been reclassified several times. T-L131, T-PAGES00011 and now it looks like we are probably L446+ CTS11984 and maybe [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]S27463.

I sent a question in to the administrators of the T group over on FTDNA because it just seems so weird to me to be the 'only' T-PAGES00011 for so long and here is Gareth's reply - btw, I hope the BIG Y sale is a really good one this year.

[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Hello Susan[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]As far as I can tell your brother is the only T-PAGES00011 in the database. PAGES00011 was originally discovered in haplogroup A and when searching I found a PAGES00011+ example in haplogroup R. It therefore appears to be a recurrent SNP and possibly unreliable. I strongly suspect that when FTDNA added it to their tree a few years ago the person analysing the data made the fundamental error of not checking whether SNPs had more than one occurrance [/FONT]in the same haplogroup[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal].[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I would disregard your brother's T-PAGES00011 designation. What we do know from his Geno 2.0 results is that he is L446+ CTS11984-. We have 4 kits with this combination who have tested Big Y and three of them share a number of novel SNPs including S27463. One of them (379058) is closer to your brother than the other two and in fact is quite high up on his list of matches at 67 markers - see the attached screen shot (I have also included the matches at 111 markers although 379058 hasn't tested to that level). I think it's very likely that your brother is S27463+ and shares many novel SNPs with 379058.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I believe FTDNA are about to announce their annual Fathers' Day sale. If Big Y is included in the sale I would encourage you to go ahead and order the test.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Best wishes[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Gareth Henson[/FONT]

I had my brother's DNA tested a few years back and we've been reclassified several times. T-L131, T-PAGES00011 and now it looks like we are probably L446+ CTS11984 and maybe [FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]S27463.

I sent a question in to the administrators of the T group over on FTDNA because it just seems so weird to me to be the 'only' T-PAGES00011 for so long and here is Gareth's reply - btw, I hope the BIG Y sale is a really good one this year.

[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Hello Susan[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]As far as I can tell your brother is the only T-PAGES00011 in the database. PAGES00011 was originally discovered in haplogroup A and when searching I found a PAGES00011+ example in haplogroup R. It therefore appears to be a recurrent SNP and possibly unreliable. I strongly suspect that when FTDNA added it to their tree a few years ago the person analysing the data made the fundamental error of not checking whether SNPs had more than one occurrance [/FONT]in the same haplogroup[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal].[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]So I would disregard your brother's T-PAGES00011 designation. What we do know from his Geno 2.0 results is that he is L446+ CTS11984-. We have 4 kits with this combination who have tested Big Y and three of them share a number of novel SNPs including S27463. One of them (379058) is closer to your brother than the other two and in fact is quite high up on his list of matches at 67 markers - see the attached screen shot (I have also included the matches at 111 markers although 379058 hasn't tested to that level). I think it's very likely that your brother is S27463+ and shares many novel SNPs with 379058.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]I believe FTDNA are about to announce their annual Fathers' Day sale. If Big Y is included in the sale I would encourage you to go ahead and order the test.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Best wishes[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Gareth Henson[/FONT]

what is your kit #

BTW, I am positive for CTS11984

I'll take a look at these today

This is news to me, I'll let you know if I find anything.

they are back again

Do you ignore the "red" coded DYS .............ie, the fast mutating ones?

@fundora

In regards to the 2 others in our group

Greco ( N164010) is a surname that appears all over Italy and currently there are nearly 1400 households with this surname. So I have no idea.

the other

N145191 ( as what I was given, is also Italian ) is surname Goldin..........there are 214 households in Italy of which all except 10 are ....only in Northern Italy ( others are only in Tuscany and Umbria ). This marker originated from a town called Monselice in the Padua province of the Veneto region.

There seems to be also an association with this name ~1490 in the family tree of Cicogna/Mazzon ............Cicogna was a Doge of Venice and currently his old Villa is the current towns , councillors , registry offices and other offies

@KF

a new person joined our group

he is closest to you

kit = 420992
Levi Lee Sr., b. 1761, d. 1844,............United Kingdom .......................T-CTS8862

he is part of this project also
http://www.leedna.com/dnaresults.php

Last edited:
@KF

you are now noted in the semargl site under

[h=1]T1a2 L131>Y6033/L446>CTS933>CTS11984>CTS8862+ Europe[/h]
With me and another - surname Fakes ( 27v79 )............origin scot-irish .........ancestors in NC USA and Tyrol Austria

Another is Milligan ( DG4TT) ...unsure where he is from

The site seems to be using some form of Yfull marker names

@KF

with the new ftdna revamp in matches recently, I received two more matches

francesco Miotto and another with surname Ulrich

in my family tree
in the 19th century I have ( registry documents)

vittorio Miotto from Arcade` Veneto , Italy married Rosa Arman
her father married a Ulrich ..........but I cannot see a connection

did you receive any updates?

Are the Miotto and Ulrich individuals CTS8862+?

Are the Miotto and Ulrich individuals CTS8862+?

yes , but two different families
I have no idea where Ulrich originated from...................do not forget, we also have a Brennan with CTS8862

In regards to Levi lee in above posts, I spoke to an ancestor and he stated the father of Levi was, Charles Lee a brickmaker

@KF

with the new Ftdna parameters, you are 1 GD from me

I do have another GD of zero ( 3rd cousin? ...........more like 9th ) named Hintz form Padua province

yes , but two different families
I have no idea where Ulrich originated from...................do not forget, we also have a Brennan with CTS8862

In regards to Levi lee in above posts, I spoke to an ancestor and he stated the father of Levi was, Charles Lee a brickmaker

Does FTDNA provide the origins of Miotto and Ulrich?

@KF

with the new Ftdna parameters, you are 1 GD from me

I do have another GD of zero ( 3rd cousin? ...........more like 9th ) named Hintz form Padua province

Yes I saw but I do not understand the new update. It removed a lot of my previous matches, including my only match at 37 markers...

Yes I saw but I do not understand the new update. It removed a lot of my previous matches, including my only match at 37 markers...

Considering we where over 1000 years apart, the new system seems to make sense.

Yfull has a new person under out CTS8862 ...from Sardinia

I do have Tim Brennan as my main person............he is Portuguese?!?!?

try the SNP map in ftdna with CTS8862.........there is a pole person included

I have 2 new FF matches with surname BETZING

and also only ONE highlightted surname .........CEMIN from Trentino ............what does the Highlighted indicate?

Wow cool, a Sardinian CTS8862+

So Brennan is listed as Portugal in origin? Guessing Brennan is mother's or an altered version of an earlier surname

Also, I have no clue what the highlighted surname means...

This thread has been viewed 466883 times.

Back