Questions on my Y-DNA Haplogroup T

Colonial T-Z19945? (Daniel Curtiss, Connecticut 1652)

Stratford was founded by Puritans in 1639.

(I can get there in about 1 hour)

... from my side, any relation to him is obviously Ancient, I think.

the current T tree from yfull for our line ........................note YF67318 is Belgium and other BEL is his brother...............and ERS256892 is the trentino sample which has Z19945 , strange as it makes Z19945 older by 600 years ..............I still have no answer from yfull on this matter

age of snp Z19945 is still 3410ybp ( -1950 = 1560BC ) ....................I foresee due to our differences the split between us occurred between balkan thracian people and up to dacian people

oldest map I could find is from strabo ......................so east of the Triballi noted tribe on the map ...............you could be part of the "golden man" ...................

@salento

Unsure how long you have been doing dna research ..............but in the past Ftdna had a side branch called ysearch, this would give you matches in their database, myself and Huracan ( a USA person on this site who is in our Z19945 ftdna group ) matched Frush and Curtiss people , usually in our top 5 people.

when ysearch ceased a company called Semargyl tested every ftdna ydna person of minimum y37 and gave all positive results only ( sorry for presentation , lost everything when old pc died in July)

Germany are all Frush members and the Belgium are all Bernot members ...............all have Z19945

I also have a couple of Erzya -Macedonians matches ...........which are steppe people migrated to Macedonia

The Mordvins, also Mordva, Mordvinians, Mordovians (Erzya: эрзят/erzät, Moksha: мокшет/mokšet, Russian: мордва/mordva), are a people who speak the Mordvinic languages of the Uralic language family and live mainly in the Republic of Mordovia and other parts of the middle Volga River region of Russia.[3]
The Mordvins are one of the larger indigenous peoples of Russia. They identify themselves as separate ethnic groups:[3] the Erzya

Unsure if you get this match ..........they also state themselves as from Kosovo instead of Macedonia

@salento
Unsure how long you have been doing dna research ..............but in the past Ftdna had a side branch called ysearch, this would give you matches in their database, myself and Huracan ( a USA person on this site who is in our Z19945 ftdna group ) matched Frush and Curtiss people , usually in our top 5 people.
when ysearch ceased a company called Semargyl tested every ftdna ydna person of minimum y37 and gave all positive results only ( sorry for presentation , lost everything when old pc died in July)
Germany are all Frush members and the Belgium are all Bernot members ...............all have Z19945

I also have a couple of Erzya -Macedonians matches ...........which are steppe people migrated to Macedonia
The Mordvins, also Mordva, Mordvinians, Mordovians (Erzya: эрзят/erzät, Moksha: мокшет/mokšet, Russian: мордва/mordva), are a people who speak the Mordvinic languages of the Uralic language family and live mainly in the Republic of Mordovia and other parts of the middle Volga River region of Russia.[3]
The Mordvins are one of the larger indigenous peoples of Russia. They identify themselves as separate ethnic groups:[3] the Erzya
Unsure if you get this match ..........they also state themselves as from Kosovo instead of Macedonia

One of my y Hungary matches “Earliest Known Ancestor” is a Mordechai, maybe based to Mordivins / Mordva

He also has Cavallo (HORSE in Italian) in his Ancestral surname :)

One of my y Hungary matches “Earliest Known Ancestor” is a Mordechai, maybe based to Mordivins / Mordva

He also has Cavallo (HORSE in Italian) in his Ancestral surname :)

I have a few Cavallin surname from morgano veneto in my family tree

I have a few Cavallin surname from morgano veneto in my family tree

The Messapic town next to mine is called Cavallino

Messapic Warrior monument of Cavallino:
(I just realized that at the bottom of the statue there’s part of my signature in Latin :cool-v:)

But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

masimo-montinaro-cavallino-guerriero-messapico.jpg

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavallino_(Italia)

The Messapic town next to mine is called Cavallino

Messapic Warrior monument of Cavallino:
(I just realized that at the bottom of the statue there’s part of my signature in Latin :cool-v:)

But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

masimo-montinaro-cavallino-guerriero-messapico.jpg

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavallino_(Italia)

La distribuzione geografica del cognome Cavallin nella Provincia di Treviso
66 Montebelluna

53 Vedelago

33 Paese

21 Istrana

20 Treviso

12 Morgano

La distribuzione geografica del cognome Cavallin in Italia

527 Veneto

68 Lombardia

36 Piemonte

https://www.antenati-italiani.org/it/cognomi/6213-cavallin

BTW.....I cancelled all my accounts at Gedmatch after it was sold ...............I was not getting anything out of it anymore

La distribuzione geografica del cognome Cavallin nella Provincia di Treviso
66 Montebelluna

53 Vedelago

33 Paese

21 Istrana

20 Treviso

12 Morgano

La distribuzione geografica del cognome Cavallin in Italia

527 Veneto

68 Lombardia

36 Piemonte

https://www.antenati-italiani.org/it/cognomi/6213-cavallin

BTW.....I cancelled all my accounts at Gedmatch after it was sold ...............I was not getting anything out of it anymore

... too little too late!

It won’t make any difference, ... we have uploaded our raw-data in so many places, that any expectation of protected privacy is wishful thinking.

I have deleted accounts on a few sites, ... who knows what really happened to my raw-data :petrified:

@torzio @Salento

I'm sorry to disappoint you, men, but all these guys already have your data.:grin:

8kgQy7Z.jpg

nwn7PLU.jpg

kNuDwny.jpg

iLpfcUf.jpg

js2K7sy.jpg

LsP18AJ.jpg

lLVC6Tl.jpg

7zmhvI9.jpg

@Duarte ... hope they like what they see!

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) :grin:

the current T tree from yfull for our line ........................note YF67318 is Belgium and other BEL is his brother...............and ERS256892 is the trentino sample which has Z19945 , strange as it makes Z19945 older by 600 years ..............I still have no answer from yfull on this matter

age of snp Z19945 is still 3410ybp ( -1950 = 1560BC ) ....................I foresee due to our differences the split between us occurred between balkan thracian people and up to dacian people

oldest map I could find is from strabo ......................so east of the Triballi noted tribe on the map ...............you could be part of the "golden man" ...................

In ftdna T project, the new sample MK5443 is identical to 116079 ( curtiss ) in all 111 STR's

Curtiss and Brooks ( above ) are related circa 120 years ago

Curtiss is related to the Frush and Freshour lines

Frush are T-Z19945 , so is Brooks, MK5443 and 100% curtiss line is as well

Frush brothers below ( 536211 is a walloon with Goritizia Italy ancestry )

Another match arrived today from the Bon family of Volgago del Montello, Veneto
4 family link so far ....when I get data I will present it

Paternal side ( ydna )

Bon family is part of the venetian "nobility" ie, government

a 23andme match with myself....unsure how accurate 23andme is

surname - Lehnus

3 households in Lombardy and 2 in Friuli ( gorizia town )

ydna - T-L446
mtdna - X2b4

4th cousin

Lehnus matches the Bernot line of Walloon Belgium , whose ancestors are also from gorizia Friuli

The wife of the above matches me in Ftdna ................but the husband is T-L446 ...which is my line
how much creedence can we give that one of the sons found his way into my line ?

This person is T1a2-L446 norway

Anders Hestenes, born 1490,Hyen,Gloppen,SFJ Norway

I match a " 3rd-4th cousin" with 2 segments and 14cm with a norwegian family called Onstad ....................apparently linked with Hestenes .....................I doubt it as i can follow my paternal line for over 500 years with written records.....but , I will check further

It means that z19945 is the father of pages00113 and not its equal

I too saw that FTDNA T Group results now have PAGES00113 as CTS8862+ Z19945+. In fact, when I checked my FTDNA results the haplotree now shows PAGES00113 as below CTS8862/CTS1848. Attaching a screenshot of what I found here.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 11.00.41 AM.jpg

As @Salento said, many of this group are Ashkenazi but also includes one Puerto Rican (surname Charriez, which appears to be French in origin). Thought this was interesting.

I too saw that FTDNA T Group results now have PAGES00113 as CTS8862+ Z19945+. In fact, when I checked my FTDNA results the haplotree now shows PAGES00113 as below CTS8862/CTS1848. Attaching a screenshot of what I found here.

View attachment 11705

As @Salento said, many of this group are Ashkenazi but also includes one Puerto Rican (surname Charriez, which appears to be French in origin). Thought this was interesting.

I think the change is due to my conversation with the owner of the brooks line .......who states the curtiss line is related to the brooks line ( about 125 years ago ) and the curtiss is related to the Frush/Freshour line

Kit MK5443 is a "multikit" from the Frush/brooks family and they now sit with us on the ftdna T group ...........they have been changed from Z19945 to next level down T-BY64684

The curtiss and brooks are identical in Y111 str levels and snp level
https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Freshour/default.aspx?section=yresults

Btw ....kit N145191 is the Caquelin line ...........see previous posts as the owner has given a small history on the family

also.......below are all in ftdna 0 or 1 step from myself

[url=https://postimages.org/]

[/URL]

Spoke to Gareth yesterday....................he is splitting up the Z19945 group in ftdna

I have always had a very close match with a Altenhofen family in ftdna.....i have now found that it is linked with the Lello family from Roana, Vicenza,Veneto...., so a brorher and sister married into the other family......one of these families is the T1a ydna family

a confusing T marker

I am zero distance in ftdna with

Christian Atherholt (1724 - 1812)

Christian Atherholt
Born 1724 in Hanover , Germany
Son of [father unknown] and [mother unknown]
[sibling(s) unknown]
Husband of Anna Marie Hedwig — married [date unknown] [location unknown]

yet this person is in another link

with Christopher Kile family in Hanover who is also T .................but he is positive for snp P322 , while the Altherholt line plus my line are negative for snp P322

>..........................................

I will chat with a fellow aussie , who is also T1a2 and has snp P322 .................I think his family is either thuringian or silesian ( german )

Last edited:
I thought I mentioned the Gei family before..............oh well another contact yesterday .........from N.Gei 78 yo male ......fluent in Italian, Venetian and Austrian

Gei, Dall'Asta, Elle, Seitz ( a small list from Gei site ) ......................2 of these I have links, Gei in BDM records and Seitz in 3rd cousin 23andme match

In their tree they have two names which are linked to me......Frassetto and Puppato

also the Hintz line in the Gei family tree are from Padua province which is related to one of my paternal line that went to Morgano

All names above come from Belluno and Valle di Cadore areas of the Belluno province of Veneto region

others from southern Belluno province in town of Fonzaso which are linked to me are the
Toigo and Cemin families

Last edited:
Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 463353 times.

Back