Politics Should Crimea be an independent country? (Russian-Ukrainian conflict)

I didn't get it. Crimea is still under the Russian Control, isn't it? Why Ukraine is sending electricity? Why sending crew to repair it.
First of all, Ukraine always was sending electricity to Crimea through the only land bridge, so it is sort of a normal thing to do. Secondly, Russia was paying for this electricity, so Ukraine was making money on it. Same way as Russia sends gas to Ukraine and makes money on it.
Why sending crew to repair it.
Because it is on Ukrainian soil. I'm sure they have signed agreements between client (Crimea) and producer Ukraine about electricity supply.

Okey now. Is this anti-Russian act, anti-Ukrania act or some kind of free Tatar movement?

Okey now. Is this anti-Russian act, anti-Ukrania act or some kind of free Tatar movement?
I believe that Tatars would love to have their own state finally. To bad they settled in such beautiful and strategically important place on Black Sea. If this was in the middle of Siberia they would have had it already, like Mongols.

Here is reminder of history of Tatars of Crimea. Eurovision 2016. Isn't Jamala awesome?

just bad click

Here is reminder of history of Tatars of Crimea. Eurovision 2016. Isn't Jamala awesome?
And she won Eurovision 2016!

And she won Eurovision 2016!

Actually, the song is not my type, but still good. But lyrics are absualetely good.

Especially, Turkish parts of the song hit me.

The origion of Turkish lyrics is this tradition Tatar song

I have no idea how similar Turkish and Crimea Tatar language before this

I can't decide. Generally I support Ukrainians, but if everyone is Russians then it seems like a better idea to let them go. However, Russia's actions were not right.

I can't decide. Generally I support Ukrainians, but if everyone is Russians then it seems like a better idea to let them go. However, Russia's actions were not right.
The referendum was held under the Russian occupation

After leting die to Ukrainian and forcing to Tatar to migration, guess who will win the referendum.

This is true, but polls and a general consensus show that the vast majority of the inhabitants, especially the ethnic Russian majority, want to be part of Russia. That being said, I really do hate the idea of Russia going around and stealing territory from sovereign nations and bullying everyone into submission.

Aksyonov, the head of the Krim republic suggested to Kiev to consider parting with Krim as a step in true parting with the communist past and heritage.
http://ria.ru/world/20160604/1442802343.html
Heh-heh (eng.) Хе-хе (rus.)

The captions say:
- Leave us alone! We don't need communist holdovers!
What the...?!
- These are communist holdovers!

12790941_1080676475328380_8563887496162136728_n.jpg

Aksyonov, the head of the Krim republic suggested to Kiev to consider parting with Krim as a step in true parting with the communist past and heritage.
http://ria.ru/world/20160604/1442802343.html
Heh-heh (eng.) Хе-хе (rus.)

The captions say:
- Leave us alone! We don't need communist holdovers!
What the...?!
- These are communist holdovers!

12790941_1080676475328380_8563887496162136728_n.jpg

Not all of the territories that Russian nationalists want to "free" from Ukraine desire to be separated. I think only Crimea and part of Donetsk and Luhansk really show strong separatist tendencies, but other areas like Odessa, Kharkiv, Zaporizhia etc. are just Russian fantasies.

I lived in Zaporozhe for almost 2 years. My father worked as businessman there. Most of the people were Russian or pro-Russia.

At least, in the early '80ies folks spoke Russian (and not 'Ukrainian') in Zaporozhe.

I lived in Zaporozhe for almost 2 years. My father worked as businessman there. Most of the people were Russian or pro-Russia.

At least, in the early '80ies folks spoke Russian (and not 'Ukrainian') in Zaporozhe.

Why do you have "Ukrainian" in single quotation marks? All linguists recognize it as a language.

There is also a difference between favoring ties with Russia and then wanting to actually separate and join them.

Not all of the territories that Russian nationalists want to "free" from Ukraine desire to be separated.
Here is a bit of history how we Russians built administrative division, called Ukraina, for our own convinience.
12794365_10209630075615628_8195086957035207093_n.j  pg

The blue part is called NovoRossiya for a good reason. My guess is the next one to collapse is the the green bit, so former Ukraina is collapsing in reverse.

I think only Crimea and part of Donetsk and Luhansk really show strong separatist tendencies, but other areas like Odessa, Kharkiv, Zaporizhia etc. are just Russian fantasies.

We highly value your opinion.

Here is Odessa's governor Saakashvili (ex-president of Georgia (and a US patsy)) weeping about losing the region

I was about to post my traslation of this text from a ukrainist journo - typical
%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B0.jpg

but I found a publication better than I would write.
http://www.fort-russ.com/2016/06/pro-ukrainian-journalist-odessans.html

Why do you have "Ukrainian" in single quotation marks? All linguists recognize it as a language.

There is also a difference between favoring ties with Russia and then wanting to actually separate and join them.

Yes, its developement as a separate language was propelled by commie regulation, when southern rural dialects of Eastern Slavic were elevated to status of language, as policy of fighting "GreatRussian imperial chauvinism". Even after forced adoption, forced convertion of identity to Ukrainian, it is still hardly usable for anything other than politics. Russian is used in techinical fields, where industries still survive. Politicians have trouble speaking, often forgetting words, because to this date standards are shifting. Quarter of a century ago I was capable of understanding it, because it remained what it was - a dialect of Eatern Slavic and centered around the type of speech of Poltava region. Now the standard, so to say, is the speak of Galichina (the green bit on the map). The main rule is to have words as dissimilar to Russian, as possible, which means replacing with mostly Polish, German, Yiddish, Hungarian, etc - in roughly that order.

This thread has been viewed 655824 times.

Back