Eclectic interests of oriental.

The 3 tenors sing 'All I ask of you'

Luciano Pavarotti, Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras

Steve Barton and Sarah Brightman (the original singers of the musical) sing 'All I ask of you'

My favorite song from this musical:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJHMMrVgd-I

His voice doesn't compare with Michael Crawford's in my opinion but he's good looking enough and a good enough actor that he's got the seduction down. :)

I read Emmy Rossum was 16 in the movie version. I saw the one of the non-musical version with Herbert Lom in it. I don't know if he was phantom it was so long ago when I was a kid. Herbert Lom always played the villain if I remembered. Somehow I am spoiled by Broadway and prefer to hear musicals sung Broadway. Some opera singers ruin musical songs when they go too operatic. Too much vibrato and too many highs in songs don't quite make me enjoy them.

There are quite a few versions of musicals by opera singers. I guess new operas are not being created so musicals which are opera like is a good way to occupy oneself.

Jose Carreras with Sumi Jo sings this very well.

This was surprising performance by Nicole Scherzinger (sounds German) Phantom of the opera. She is a pop singer. Her last name indicates German but I think she is mixed - who knows what.

Last edited:
Nicole and the 4 phantoms rehearsal for the show

Nicole Scherzinger 'Don't cry for me, Argentina'

Phantom of the Opera - 1988 Tony Awards

Michael Crawford in concert 'All I ask of you'

China's popstar sings 'Don't cry for me, Argentina'

Voice is good but not Broadway quality

Sarah Brightman 'Don't cry for me, Argentina'

Nicole Scherzinger Memory
Her step dad is German American. Her sperm donor father is Filipino who separated from her mother who is half Hawaiian and half either Russian or Ukrainian ( from Vladivostok, Russia)

Grizabella Nicole in Cats

Phantom confronts Christine - 'Love never dies' Phantom of the Opera

Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess

Beneath a moonless night Love never dies

Once upon another time - Love never dies

Nicole Scherzinger - Lo Ti Penso Amore

I decided to check on Nicole Scherzinger

She danced with Derek Hough in Dancing with the Stars

This thread has been viewed 305726 times.

Back