Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Autism less common among asian more common among african and europeans?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    t2b5

Ethnic group
    Italian

Post Autism less common among asian more common among african and europeans?

CC variant of Rs1858830 seems more common among europeans, africans and less among asians. Seems also related with a slightly higher risk of autistic disorders.
    Here its distribution among peoples

http://browser.1000genomes.org/Homo_sapiens/Variation/Population?r=7:116311939-116312939;v=rs1858830;vdb=variation;vf=1428840#129 86_tablePanel

whats your variant? I'm CC

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

1 members found this post helpful.
    FYI, there are hundreds of genes associated with autism, and genetics is only one determining factors in autism (another important one is apparently one's microbiome). Besides, autism is not a unique condition, but a very wide spectrum of very different, though conditions.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.