Can Russia start a war of large extent?

Echetlaeus

Hero of Marathon
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Epirotan
So Russia has been on the move all of these months since the events of Syria where they prevented the Americans to attack. Here I ask whether the Russians are able to attack other countries far away from the borders if need be.

Well, if neo-nazi gangs & pro-west puppet nationalist "government" in Kiev will make some ethnic cleansing in Eastern Ukraine or conduct a military operation with a large number of civilian casualties then of course Russia will invade and destroy Ukranian army to save the people. Spetsnaz will open hunt on western blackwater mercenaries
uzi.gif

Well, if neo-nazi gangs & pro-west puppet nationalist "government" in Kiev will make some ethnic cleansing in Eastern Ukraine or conduct a military operation with a large number of civilian casualties then of course Russia will invade and destroy Ukranian army to save the people. Spetsnaz will open hunt on western blackwater mercenaries
uzi.gif

OP approves the statement that talks about the protection of Russian people.

So Russia has been on the move all of these months since the events of Syria where they prevented the Americans to attack. Here I ask whether the Russians are able to attack other countries far away from the borders if need be.

I don't ever see a reason for the Russians to "attack" countries far away. But your question is very vague to begin with... do you mean do they have the capability to deploy combined land, air and naval assets far away or do you mean do they have the ability to reach out and touch someone via missiles?

I'm pretty sure that Russia can even defeat the US.
Nobody ever expected that Russia would defeat Napoleon or Nazi Germany.

Personally, I would never start a war against a nuclear superpower Mother Russia!

People should take alesson from history!

I'm pretty sure that Russia can even defeat the US.
Nobody ever expected that Russia would defeat Napoleon or Nazi Germany.

Personally, I would never start a war against a nuclear superpower Mother Russia!

People should take alesson from history!
Mongols defeated Russia, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth defeated Russia, Russia was pretty much defeated by Germany in WWI but survived because Germany got defeated by GB, US and France. Then Communist Bolsheviks defeated Russia. Also it is doubtful that Russia would survive without economic help of US during WWII. Most of explosive materials and radio equipment (between tanks communication) came from US together with 300,000 Studebaker trucks and jeeps, and best Russian soldier food Tushonka, and many more.

Mongols defeated Russia, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth defeated Russia, Russia was pretty much defeated by Germany in WWI but survived because Germany got defeated by GB, US and France. Then Communist Bolsheviks defeated Russia. Also it is doubtful that Russia would survive without economic help of US during WWII. Most of explosive materials and radio equipment (between tanks communication) came from US together with 300,000 Studebaker trucks and jeeps, and best Russian soldier food Tushonka, and many more.
Sure at the time when Russia was divided and fragmented. After Russia became united again Russia defeated the Mongols, Tatars and other Turkic people in Central Asia. Turkic/Mongol people in Central Asia never recovered after the final defeat by Mother Russia.
And how many times Russia defeated Poland, Baltic and Scandinavian countries?

Also, it's a Western propaganda that Russia defeated Nazi Germany with the Western help! Russia is just too huge to be defeated.
Actually, Russians defeated Germans more thanks to their 'Katyushas' and 'tank battles' and urban warfare, like in Stalingrad, than due to the Western help. Actually, Western help was too late. Came much later after USSR was already winning the war against the Nazi Germany.

Btw, brother of my grandfather fought against the Germans in the battle of Stalingrad. So not only Russians fought against Nazi Germany, but also people from the Caucasus (like Georgians, Armenians), Kurds, Central Asia etc.

The US was defeated in Somalia, Vietnam etc. Need I to go on with the US failures?

Sure at the time when Russia was divided and fragmented. After Russia became united again Russia defeated the Mongols, Tatars and other Turkic people in Central Asia. Turkic/Mongol people in Central Asia never recovered after the final defeat by Mother Russia.
And how many times Russia defeated Poland, Baltic and Scandinavian countries?

The point was that Russia can be defeated, therefore adequate examples. The point wasn't if Russia can defeat others. Do you understand the concept?

Also, it's a Western propaganda that Russia defeated Nazi Germany with the Western help! Russia is just too huge to be defeated.
Actually, Russians defeated Germans more thanks to their 'Katyushas' and 'tank battles' and urban warfare, like in Stalingrad, than due to the Western help. Actually, Western help was too late. Came much later after USSR was already winning the war against the Nazi Germany.
Actually Katyushas were installed on US Studebaker trucks, lol. And we are talking about 300,000 trucks and explosives for katyushas!!! And for you it is a Western propaganda. Can you recognize the make of this katyusha truck below?

BM-13_RB.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studebaker_US6

And try running offensive or tanks coordination without US radios. They would be running like chicken without a head.

Btw, brother of my grandfather fought against the Germans in the battle of Stalingrad. So not only Russians fought against Nazi Germany, but also people from the Caucasus (like Georgians, Armenians), Kurds, Central Asia etc.
From your first post I could see some emotional romantic attachment which is not good for objectivity.

The US was defeated in Somalia, Vietnam etc. Need I to go on with the US failures?
Are you getting too emotional again? I thought we were talking whether or not Russia can be defeated. What US failures have to do with it? Nobody even suggested that US wants to defeat Russia. What are you talking about?

LMAO, Russians defeated Germans because of the US radios? This is ridiculous! I hope this is a joke. Russians are legendary in making the best tanks. Arguably even cheap Russian T-40 tanks were more much much more effective than German leopard or tiger tanks. Russians made the best tanks, don't you think they could make simple trucks, lol?

Russia of YESTERDAY defeated the 1 million army of Napoleon and Nazi Germany WITHOUT nuclear weapons. Today, Russia is a NUCLEAR SUPERPOWER. Do you really think that anybody can defeat Russia?

The US and Germany do want to defeat Russia and break Russia in pieces and steal Russian oil & gas in Siberia. It's all about the natural recourses in Siberia. Germany & the US (+England) are after the Russian oil in Siberia. But that will NEVER happen. The US (+England) & German must accept that Russia was, is and always will be a great power thatneeds to be respected forever!

Wow drink more of the kool aid bub. As an American I can tell you we don't need Siberian oil. We dont need natural gas either. You are far to nationalistic to even come close to being objective. No one wants Russian land or to take your resources. We have more than enough in North America, the Bakken formation in America alone has 7 billion barrels of recoverable oil.

Another thing that you should think about, if there ever was a war that broke out and it went nuclear the entire world would be screwed, it is called mutual assured destruction for a reason.

I see no point in even trying to have a constructive conversation about this subject as it is blatantly obvious that some of your are fanatical in your opinion of "mother russia"

The advantage goes to the US and it's 598 foreign military bases. The Russian Federation would have a good chance at defending the mother land, but it would be a huge up hill battle to take the war anywhere else other than Ukraine. The Ukrainian situation, if it leads to war, will look like Vietnam but with the roles reversed (Russia as the invaders).

http://theweek.com/article/index/257406/what-would-a-us-russia-war-look-like

http://www.businessinsider.com/lack-of-chinese-support-for-crimea-is-a-big-problem-for-putin-2014-3

Why this isn't going to end well for Putin -

""Mr Putin is discovering that global finance is more frightened of the US Securities and Exchange Commission than Russian T90 tanks. Any sanction against any oligarch linked to any Russian company could shut it out of global capital markets, potentially forcing default. Creditors in the West would be burned. But nobody cares about them once national security is at stake, something markets have been slow to grasp."

"At the end of the day he has condemned Russia to the middle income trap. The windfall from the great oil boom has been wasted. Russia's engineering skills have atrophied. Industry has been hollowed out by the Dutch Disease: the curse of over-valued currency, and reliance on commodities.

He jumped the gun in Ukraine, striking before the interim government had committed any serious abuses or lost global goodwill, a remarkably sloppy and impatient Putsch for a KGB man. He took Germany for a patsy, and took China for granted. He has gained Crimea but turned the Kremlin into a pariah for another decade, if not a generation, and probably lost Ukraine forever. It is a remarkably poor trade.""

Wow drink more of the kool aid bub. As an American I can tell you we don't need Siberian oil. We dont need natural gas either. You are far to nationalistic to even come close to being objective. No one wants Russian land or to take your resources. We have more than enough in North America, the Bakken formation in America alone has 7 billion barrels of recoverable oil.
Tell this to Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Wintershall etc...

US defeats abroad are not breaking news, nor are they a good analogy for your point. Let's look at Russian military adventures abroad: Afghanistan? A shambles. A complete and utter listing of military debacles that can be used as a prime text book as to "How Not to Fight Abroad". Nor was the Russian performance in Chechnya a gold star in terms of performance of troops, tactics, equipment, leadership.

This thread has been viewed 11780 times.

Back