What is your eye colour?

TG5H6oq.jpg

Hazel or brown? What do you think?

Below, two pics of amber eyes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_uraTFSC2m2au1p_pOCQErdIkkS_o6tv/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/151VvX1iyPc_2esS5I_w1Y1AaqJqW2PTw/view?usp=drivesdk
I believe the color of your eyes is amber:
Amber eyes are of a solid color and have a strong yellowish/golden and russet/coppery tint. This may be due to the deposition of the yellow pigment called lipochrome in the iris (which is also found in green eyes). Amber eyes should not be confused with hazel eyes; although hazel eyes may contain specks of amber or gold, they usually tend to comprise many other colors, including green, brown and orange. Also, hazel eyes may appear to shift in color and consist of flecks and ripples, while amber eyes are of a solid gold hue. Even though amber is considered to be like gold, some people have russet or copper colored amber eyes that many people mistake for hazel, though hazel tends to be duller and contains green with red/gold flecks, as mentioned above. Amber eyes may also contain amounts of very light gold-ish gray.
Greetings from Brazil 🇧🇷!

I apologize for the real bad photo quality. I'd say mine are hazel with some greenish nuances FB_IMG_1552252690007.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J730F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

I apologize for the real bad photo quality. I'd say mine are hazel with some greenish nuances View attachment 10796

Sent from my SM-J730F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Hello Stuvanè.
The photograph is slightly grainy due to the low resolution, but we can see an intense greenish hue, indicative of hazel eyes. Most likely, when your eyes are under the artificial white light in a waiting room, for example, they must acquire a very greenish coloration. This is what happens with the eyes of my wife, that are hazel and who, by the way, is Italian-descendant.
Warm greetings.

@Tagus,
They look amber to me. My husband's eyes are that color.

@Stuvane,
My Dad's eyes were close to that, but more green.

When my Dad had a glass of wine they got "really" green, like fern colored. It was a dead give away. My mom could see it from across the room. :)

Mine used to be dark brown, but they're getting more and more green. I have no idea why. Maybe a loss of pigment? I started going grey very early, in my early thirties, with two shocks of white going back from my temples. If I had to do it over again I would have left them. Meanwhile, neither of my parents went grey at all really. It was my father's mother who went white early. Her hair was completely white by the time she was in her mid 40s. Genes are funny things.

@Tagus,
They look amber to me. My husband's eyes are that color.

@Stuvane,
My Dad's eyes were close to that, but more green.

When my Dad had a glass of wine they got "really" green, like fern colored. It was a dead give away. My mom could see it from across the room. :)

Mine used to be dark brown, but they're getting more and more green. I have no idea why. Maybe a loss of pigment? I started going grey very early, in my early thirties, with two shocks of white going back from my temples. If I had to do it over again I would have left them. Meanwhile, neither of my parents went grey at all really. It was my father's mother who went white early. Her hair was completely white by the time she was in her mid 40s. Genes are funny things.

Hello Angela.
My hair is turning white, too. But, compared to people who are the same age as I have, my hair even are not very white. I once washed my hair with a "Grecin" shampoo and my wife hated the result (I liked it, LOL). But now I've gotten used to the slightly graying tone and I'm enjoying it. If I inherited the genes of my Portuguese great-grandmother, my hair will not
much clearer than the color gray, because she died at the age of 92 and still with gray hair. As you said yourself, Genes are funny things.
Warm greetings.

Last edited:
The ones I like the most are those of the color of the chestnut skin. I had to put it that way because the translator makes me brown and here we usually use more chestnuts when it is that nice color that is not so brown.

I had very scattered gray hair but they have been removed. I had begun to dye myself with L'Oreal dark brown, but it is very badly done and it was black, so as long as I did not go back to dye my time has passed and they have taken off, it may seem unlikely but it has happened.

My father is colorblind and has green eyes, many of his family members have blue sky very beautiful, even a cousin has 7 children and seven have blue (maybe serve for the next blue-eyed map in Spain or Andalusia) . My mother has brown eyes but with age they have been depigmented as greenish, her mother and sisters are gray-white or white hair with age.

My eyes are dark brown and so are the eyes of the oldest of my two sisters. My other sister is blonde with blue gray eyes as is my father. There's blond/light brown/ginger hair and blue eyes on both sides of my family.

I had medium brown eyes until my 20s, then got really dark, now in my 40s they're slowly getting lighter again.

My hair is an even weirder story... I was blond until 5-6 years old, then it became a dark copper red-ish shade.
My beard is a mixture of blond, red, brown and (now) white. Looks ginger from afar, in contrast with my darker hair.

Go figure...

Discuss ...

My eyes are chestnut:
kzpq4w.jpg

jlotwerffnrp9.59.28.png

This is the prediction of Gedmatch:
292lj9qml.23.58.png

DNA Land comes closer I guess:
4di8q8vkl6.09.58.png

Because this is the coloring: 55% brown, 31% blue and 14% intermediate,
e7mlaoi.19.52.png

.....and that is reflected in the DNA land graphic!

This is my prediction according to Gedmatch. Completely wrong for my eye color....totally successful for the color 9f my father...20190411_194441.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Attachments

• Color ojo predicción.jpg
    Color ojo predicción.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
Your eye color is very different from the prediction?
In Gedmatch it is announced that it is less successful for those who have non-European ancestors; in my case, I am 18% Native American and 3% Sub-Saharan Africa, and my eyes are hazel. In the case of my wife, who has those components in smaller proportion (6% Native American, 1% sub-Saharan Africa) the predictor gives green eyes ... and her eyes are dark brown ...

Perhaps Gedmatch's prediction means that it would be possible to have them in the color he predicts; although later you have another color.

In Gedematch I have obtained the blue color and I have green with brown central heterochromia.

www.gedmatch.com_eye_color_pred2.php_u%253D20084%2526kit_num%253DSQ3125703%2526xsubmit%253DPredict%252BColor.png

But I have not been surprised by the prediction of
Gedmatch because I know that both in the paternal and maternal family there are blue eyes but I would have been surprised if Gedematch's prediction.

Perhaps Gedmatch's prediction means that it would be possible to have them in the color he predicts; although later you have another color.

In Gedematch I have obtained the blue color and I have green with brown central heterochromia.

www.gedmatch.com_eye_color_pred2.php_u%253D20084%2526kit_num%253DSQ3125703%2526xsubmit%253DPredict%252BColor.png

But I have not been surprised by the prediction of
Gedmatch because I know that both in the paternal and maternal family there are blue eyes but I would have been surprised if Gedematch's prediction.

The prediction is closer to my father's fern green eyes than to mine, which are close in color to those of Northener, although they used to be closer to chocolate. I wonder if I inherited the genes from my father, but some kind of epigenetics is at play, i.e. hormones etc. Or maybe the program just isn't that good yet.

Have to say, though, that in forensic calculators(used in police work), my eyes are predicted to be brown, so they may be better for phenotype prediction.

DeXFumX.png
[/IMG]

Gedmatch eye color prediction for me is grey/blue, the color of my father's and younger sister's eyes.

@Carlos
Do you have your kit just in Genesis?

I deleted my kits from GedMatch time ago, and now I have them only in Genesis. If it's the case of some of you, be careful, 'cause a nonexistent kit in GedMatch returns blue.

So, I can't check the tool anymore, but it got we all wrong, if my memory serves. My mother and I have green eyes, while my father has brown eyes. GedMatch used to say my mother and I have brown, and that my father have blue (or green). Curiously, inverted.

^^
Yes in Genesis. It would be interesting to see the prediction for someone who has blue eyes.

This thread has been viewed 21272 times.

Back