Haplogroup in T in Germany?

I have made a bar chart showing the mtDNA H frequency among all tested Early Neolithic populations. I have excluded H5 results because this is found in Anatolia and is not found in Karsdorf.

Interesting findings is that Karsdorf match pretty well with Eastern Balkans while starcevo-koros and LBK from southwestern Germany match with Anatolia.

I have not included any unreliable sample and I decided count as H5 an ambiguous H vs H5 sample from Barcin. I have not included two samples from Portugal.

mtDNA haplogroup H (xH5) Early Neolithic.jpgmtDNA haplogroup HV (xH5, HV0) Early Neolithic.jpg

Last edited:
I have made a bar chart showing the mtDNA H frequency among all tested Early Neolithic populations. I have excluded H5 results because this is found in Anatolia and is not found in Karsdorf.

Interesting findings is that Karsdorf match pretty well with Eastern Balkans while starcevo-koros and LBK from southwestern Germany match with Anatolia.

I have not included any unreliable sample and I decided count as H5 an ambiguous H vs H5 sample from Barcin. I have not included two samples from Portugal.

View attachment 8369View attachment 8370

As Predicted by my bar chart 4 month ago, T1a1a have been found in a Criş culture settlement.

And as I showed in this map 3 months ago: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/77/Genetic_landscape_of_Europe_7000_YBP.png

the 2 new latest T1a ( ydna ) from the paper are:

T1a1a - CTS4916 ............mtdna = T2e

and

T1a1 - PF5658 ............mtdna = T2e

Both are found in Bulgaria ..............Cris culture is Romanian

Criş culture is not boundared to modern Country boundaries. They belong to the Criş culture, Malak Preslaviets is in the Romanian-Bulgarian border.

They belong to mtDNA T2e but:
1-T1a settlements can integrate other mtDNA lineages as previously seen in Karsdorf (not necessarily originally linked to T1a)
2-T2e have not been found outside Europe yet.

Criş culture is not boundared to modern Country boundaries. They belong to the Criş culture, Malak Preslaviets is in the Romanian-Bulgarian border.

They belong to mtDNA T2e but:
1-T1a settlements can integrate other mtDNA lineages as previously seen in Karsdorf (not necessarily originally linked to T1a)
2-T2e have not been found outside Europe yet.

with there age of between 5000 to 6000 BC , and both seemingly being part of T1a1 group, I will need to wait to find T1a2 ancients

All I can link these T1a2 to are areas of Chios, Central eastern Italy, Alpine areas of Italy and Austria, SW-Germany, belgae areas, british Isles, Old prussia with sweden and finland and southern Ukraine..........maybe one day in the future for old ancient T1a2

The T1a1a individuals from Malak Preslavets are found to be the most EHG+WHG from the Balkans in the Early Neolithic = 35%
The less EHG+WHG found in Malak Preslavets is a G2a2b2a individual = 0%

The T1a1a individuals from Malak Preslavets are found to be the most EHG+WHG from the Balkans in the Early Neolithic = 35%
The less EHG+WHG found in Malak Preslavets is a G2a2b2a individual = 0%

Was this malak town a trade centre?................it was on the danube river and it was also a boat building town

The M70 mutation is particularly interesting because it only represents roughly 1% of chromosomes world-wide. It is, although, most common in east Africa and the Middle east. Thomas Jefferson's T-PF7444 is particularly interesting because it has a one-step match with an egyptian T haplotype. This is consistent with Jefferson's patrilineage belonging to an ancient and rare indigenous european type. M70 was identified in the Welsh Jefferson's DNA and in British (2/421 0.5%), Western French ( 3/561 0.5%) and Iberian Peninsula samples ( 13/987 1.3%). The haplogroup is rare world-wide, in 14,685 chromosomes in the literature, only 150 examples (1.02%) were found. Apart from 12 cases from non-indigenous populations of the USA, the samples are confined to Africa and western Eurasia. They reach their highest frequencies in the Middle East and Northern east Africa, exceeding 7% of the male population in Somalia, Oman, Egypt and Iraq. Samples were also found at a lower frequency in the central and western Mediterranean, including the Iberian Peninsula. Other high frequencies are reported in Druze, Palestinian, Ethiopian and Tanzanian samples (roughly 5%). Of 421 British males surveyed, only 0.5% were M70+. In a phylogenetic network, the "Thomas Jefferson" haplotype lies at the periphery of the network: It's nearest (one mutational step) genetic neighbour is an Egyptian, while spanish/portuguese haplotypes lie only 2 steps away. This seems compatible with the British examples, including the Jefferson haplotype, as being members of an ancient and diverse indigenous european lineage, rather than recent immigrants from the middle east. If there was no prior family history knowledge about the ancestry of the Jefferson paternal haplotype, it might be assigned to an Egyptian origin. This is consistent with T-PF7444, or a major part of this cluster as having Hispanic/ North-african roots. The presence of the Jefferson M70 haplotype in these apparently unrelated British men supports the general idea that the President's RECENT paternal ancestry is in Western Europe, rather than the middle east. In a separate study, 3 to 6 mutational step ancestors of the Jefferson haplotype were found in 7 Jews from different countries, 5 Egyptians, 2 Europeans, 1 Turk, 1 Syrian, 1 Jordanian and an African-American.

Last edited:
WHG / EHG percentages in Malak Preslavets settlement

WHG / EHG percentages in Malak Preslavets settlement

oi64.tinypic.com/kef4eh.jpg

Mesolithic and Early Neolithic samples from Europe with Scandinavian HG + Ukrainian HG + Aegean Farmer autosomal combination.
This autosomal combination is found exclusively among ancient populations found around the Danube river.
Also interesting to note the haplogroups found with this combination are R1b-V88, C1a2-V20 and T1a1a-L208.
Curiously, R1b-V88 as well as T1a1a-L208 are both the lineages that migrated strongly deep into Africa, across the Sahel both and across all East Africa the last.
Also remember that both have been found among the Tubus of Chad, who were found to be strongly related to a LBK-like ancestral population.

Also I added the two samples with highest frequencies for both HG populations when combined with Aegean Farmer.

Balkan HG vs Aegean Farmer.png

Last edited:
This is what I have posted in a link above. These percentages belong to the Balkan Hunter-Gatherer autosomal ancestry in each of those ancient individuals.

This is what I have posted in a link above. These percentages belong to the Balkan Hunter-Gatherer autosomal ancestry in each of those ancient individuals.

Do you see any association between these bulgarians T and the Karlsdorf German T ?

Yes Sile, I'm pretty sure that Karsdorf T1a1 and Malak Preslavets T1a1a are closely related, belonging both to the same L208 branch.

I have previously predicted this Balkan HG link several years ago.

This thread has been viewed 39556 times.

Back