Level
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    proly R1B

Ethnic group
    Romanian

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Than you need first to take some extra time to get more recent informaions about Caucasus_Gedrosia, North European etc.

Those are "admixture" in some way but in reality they are not admixture but genetic drifts from one source known as ANE. They have one common origin.

Gedrosia is not a component from "Pakistan" it is a component which peaks in Balochistan, which is located in West Asia or to some people between West and South Asia.

However the point here is, that the ancient Thracians were more West Asian like than any modern Europeans and this is a bullet proof that Caucasus_Gedrosia genes reached Europe first with Indo_Europeans.
    I doubt. I think those people from North Europe are rather related to Sami and Baltic people,both Scandinavians and Finns,Estonians,Latvians,Lithuanians,North Russians.

Elite member Achievements:
    VeteranThree FriendsRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

Ethnic group
    Kurdish

Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    I doubt. I think those people from North Europe are rather related to Sami and Baltic people,both Scandinavians and Finns,Estonians,Latvians,Lithuanians,North Russians.
    This statement didn't make quite sense to me. Scandos etc are North Europeans. You can doubt if you want but it is a proven fact that those genes in North Europeans shares origin with West Asian.

Regular Member Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 336

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by mihaitzateo View Post
    I thought Caucasus is a kind of admixture while Gedrosia is another kind of admixture,found in some people from Pakistan.
    And I do not think N European admixture is same with Caucasus,but that North and West Europeans have a significant percentage of Gedrosia admixture and some Caucasus admixture,but few.
    I know Eastern Europeans have instead few or none Gedrosia admixture but have a significant percentage of Caucasus admixture.
    gedrosia is found more in R1b people than in R1a people
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmat View Post
    you do realize green eyes are mix of blue and brown eye genes, you cant have population with green eyes without having blue eyes, infact, highest percentage of getting green eyes is if one parent is blue and other is brown eyed

...well i guess you dont realize
    No I know what old people in my village use to tell,
    Green eyes Thracian, blond hair/red hair
    Blue eyes, Persian, black hair
    small blue eyes straight hair no wavy Gekotoyrkos

Besides in my country are almost all black or brown (hair and eyes) so any blue or green was excotic, but not blond hair, cause of very light brown, which is big %
    I was born half blond hlaf light brown, but now I am full dark brown, except if I stay 3 days in the sun, my skin turns dark-dark and my hair very light brown

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

Ethnic group
    Kurdish

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    No I know what old people in my village use to tell,
    Green eyes Thracian, blond hair/red hair
    Blue eyes, Persian, black hair
    small blue eyes straight hair no wavy Gekotoyrkos

Besides in my country are almost all black or brown (hair and eyes) so any blue or green was excotic, but not blond hair, cause of very light brown, which is big %
    I was born half blond hlaf light brown, but now I am full dark brown, except if I stay 3 days in the sun, my skin turns dark-dark and my hair very light brown
    So this is how Greeks describe the Persian look?
    fspcgw0dh584.jpg

This look might have been more prevelant/characteristic for the ancient Persians, But I doubt that all looked this way, just like I doubt that all Thracians were blue/green eyed and red haired even though it was probably more prevelant among them.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

So this is how Greeks describe the Persian look?
    fspcgw0dh584.jpg

This look might have been more prevelant/characteristic for the ancient Persians, But I doubt that all looked this way, just like I doubt that all Thracians were blue/green eyed and red haired even though it was probably more prevelant among them.
    or perhaps a characteristic of an uper or rulling class?

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296

Ethnic group
    Croatian

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    yes I agree.............my father is green, mother is hazel, i am mid green, sister is brown other brother is very light green.
    Gfather army records says celeste eyes ...which means sky blue

so, you are most probably correct
    genes for blue eyes are recesive, you can have brown eyes and still hold blue eye genes.

Green eyes fall into mixed eyes, with hazel, and yellowish 'beer like', ia all depends on a level of pigmentation represented
    Getting green eyes is random chance.

with both parents having blue eyes, child will have blue eyes, both having brown, child will have brown, with already only one parent having mixed eyes, child could have anything

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

Ethnic group
    Kurdish

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post
    or perhaps a characteristic of an uper or rulling class?
    Doubt, if anything they came more often into contact with the warrior class. Rulers wouldn't be seen that often by the oponent.

OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

Ethnic group
    Catalan

Green eyes fall into mixed eyes, with hazel, and yellowish 'beer like', ia all depends on a level of pigmentation represented
    Not exactly. Real green eyes fall clearly into the light eyes category, sharing the main GG mutations with blue eyes at SNP rs12913832. And then, there are other genes which help on determining if it's green or blue: for instance, GG at SNP rs12896399 implies slightly lower odds of having blue instead of green eyes.

The typical brown-green eyes are out of range to be considered light, and of course most times show in people holding AG mutations at SNP rs12913832. To summarize, there's a difference between brown-green and real green eyes.
    Last edited by Knovas; 09-08-14 at 16:12.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

genes for blue eyes are recesive, you can have brown eyes and still hold blue eye genes.

with both parents having blue eyes, child will have blue eyes, both having brown, child will have brown, with already only one parent having mixed eyes, child could have anything
    My wife is mid blue eyes ............all my children are sky-blue eyes like me Gfather ...................my green eyes missed out
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Knovas View Post
    Not exactly. Real green eyes fall clearly into the light eyes category, sharing the main GG mutations with blue eyes at SNP rs12913832. And then, there are other genes which help on determining if it's green or blue: for instance, GG at SNP rs12896399 implies slightly lower odds of having blue instead of green eyes.

The typical brown-green eyes are out of range to be considered light, and of course most times show in people holding AG mutations at SNP rs12913832. To summarize, there's a difference between brown-green and real green eyes.
    yes............but genes does always give you the correct result...................to this day, 23andme state my genes indicate I have 97% chance of blue eyes...........i sent them a photo with my green eyes and they say its an oddity

OverdriveThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1b1a

Ethnic group
    Catalan

The SNP I mentioned for green eyes it's not the only one. You should bear the specific mutations in many others to have green eyes. It was just an example.

You can find discussions in 23andme about this topic.

By the way, it would be interesting to see V2's, V8's and T2G2's pigmentation results. It doesn't suprise me at all to see high West Asian percents considering the place and the period. To me it looks more surprising to still find individuals who are so Basque/Sardinian-like there.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

Ethnic group
    Kurdish

The SNP I mentioned for green eyes it's not the only one. You should bear the specific mutations in many others to have green eyes. It was just an example.

By the way, it would be interesting to see V2's, V8's and T2G2's pigmentation results. It doesn't suprise me at all to see high West Asian percents considering the place and the period. To me it looks more surprising to still find individuals who are so Basque/Sardinian-like there.
    Well actually it is quite "suprising" Thracia comprimises lands of modern Romania, Greece, Bulgaria. All those countries having significant Caucasus_Gedrosia admixture but non of them on the same level as the Thracians. This actually is an indiciation that the Slavic influx into the Balkans did change the the genetic landscape of the region.

But it is not suprising that the first Caucasus_Gedrosia genes in Europe appear among the Indo Europeans.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 members found this post helpful.
    But it is not suprising that the first Caucasus_Gedrosia genes in Europe appear among the Indo Europeans.
    Especially the ones rich in R1b who came via Anatolia.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Banned Achievements:
    100 Experience Points1 year registered

Black eyes are dominant over blue eyes, but the former are almost non existent in Europe. Most Dark eyes in Europe fall in the hazel-light brown category, which already carry the recessive genes for blue eyes.

So 2 Europeans with brown eyes can have a blue eyed child, althougt it's very rare.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Sample P192-1 was found at the site of a pit sanctuary near Svilengrad, Bulgaria, excavated between 2004 and 2006. The pits are associated with the Thracian culture and date to the Early Iron Age (800–500 BC) based on pottery found in the pits. A total of 67 ritual pits, including 16 pits containing human skeletons or parts of skeletons, were explored during the excavations. An upper wisdom tooth from an adult male was used for DNA analysis.

Sample T2G2 was found in a Thracian tumulus (burial mound) near the village of Stambolovo, Bulgaria. Two small tumuli dating to the Early Iron Age (850–700 BC) were excavated in 2008. A canine tooth from an inhumation burial of a child (c.12 years old) inside a dolium was used for DNA analysis.

Sample V2 was found in a flat cemetery dating to the Late Bronze Age (1500–1100 BC) near the village of Vratitsa, Bulgaria. Nine inhumation burials were excavated between 2003 and 2004. A molar from a juvenile male (age 16–17) was used for DNA analysis.

Sample K8 was found in the Yakimova Mogila Tumulus, which dates to the Iron Age (450–400 BC), near Krushare, Bulgaria. An aristocratic inhumation burial containing rich grave goods was excavated in 2008. A molar from one individual, probably male, was used for DNA analysis.

V2 is the only one that shows any amount of decent Asian

V2
    globe4

• 58.89% European
    • 20.61% Asian
    • 11.91% African
    • 8.59% Amerindian

V2 is the oldest of the 4
    but 192-1 is the only one with a confirmed ydna which is H1b1 ( romani are H1a group)

also note IIRC the old F3 ydna is now called ( part of ) H ydna

As per Basque ............isn't the original basques only french basques and Pas_Vasco means community of Vasconic people and with this term vasconic is only modern Gascony area of france, which is ancient French basque area and the old original vasconic language started in Aquitaine which is now modern Gascony!

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV2a1 +G13708A

Ethnic group
    Kurdish

If I am not mistaken, wasn't there a Neolithic sample from Syria who also turned out as H1* ?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    Sample P192-1 was found at the site of a pit sanctuary near Svilengrad, Bulgaria, excavated between 2004 and 2006. The pits are associated with the Thracian culture and date to the Early Iron Age (800–500 BC) based on pottery found in the pits. A total of 67 ritual pits, including 16 pits containing human skeletons or parts of skeletons, were explored during the excavations. An upper wisdom tooth from an adult male was used for DNA analysis.

Sample T2G2 was found in a Thracian tumulus (burial mound) near the village of Stambolovo, Bulgaria. Two small tumuli dating to the Early Iron Age (850–700 BC) were excavated in 2008. A canine tooth from an inhumation burial of a child (c.12 years old) inside a dolium was used for DNA analysis.

Sample V2 was found in a flat cemetery dating to the Late Bronze Age (1500–1100 BC) near the village of Vratitsa, Bulgaria. Nine inhumation burials were excavated between 2003 and 2004. A molar from a juvenile male (age 16–17) was used for DNA analysis.

Sample K8 was found in the Yakimova Mogila Tumulus, which dates to the Iron Age (450–400 BC), near Krushare, Bulgaria. An aristocratic inhumation burial containing rich grave goods was excavated in 2008. A molar from one individual, probably male, was used for DNA analysis.

V2 is the only one that shows any amount of decent Asian

V2
    globe4

• 58.89% European
    • 20.61% Asian
    • 11.91% African
    • 8.59% Amerindian

V2 is the oldest of the 4
    but 192-1 is the only one with a confirmed ydna which is H1b1 ( romani are H1a group)

also note IIRC the old F3 ydna is now called ( part of ) H ydna

As per Basque ............isn't the original basques only french basques and Pas_Vasco means community of Vasconic people and with this term vasconic is only modern Gascony area of france, which is ancient French basque area and the old original vasconic language started in Aquitaine which is now modern Gascony!
    hm
    can the H1b1 be an H-APT?

Firasat , Khalig, Papaioannou, Tyler-Smith, Underhill 2006
    that case makes it interesting at least for me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456