AncestryDNA

I first used Geno ( old version ) and it gave me my T1a2 SNP 2 years before any other company , every else would give me M184 or M70.............moving forward no company is really any good in ancestry composition.....I do find though that myheritage has the highest percentage to find exact matches

You're right Torzio.
In the excel file "# MyHeritage DNA raw data" obtained from extracting data from the .zip file of the MyHeritage autosomic test there are 720,929 rows with markers of chromosomes 1 to 22, plus markers of the X and Y chromosomes. From the line 702,548 to the line 720,440 are the markers of X and from the line 720,441 to line 720,929 are the markers of Y.

In the excel file "Autosomal_o37_Results" obtained from extraction of the .zip file data from the standard Family Tree DNA - FTDNA autosomic test there are 702,511 rows with markers lines from chromosomes 1 to 22 only. There is no X and Y information.

Big Hug.

I have no complaints with Ancestry.com at all. FTDNA on the other hand...When I first joined Ancestry they had much more coarse reference groups. For example they grouped together Greeks and Italians. Then they added about 12,000 or so people from all over to their reference groups. They still need to add more in the Balkans and Eastern Europe. FTDNA still lumps Italians, Greeks and some of the Balkan populations together. Don't get me started on LivingDNA.

All of ancestry new programs from 1st of july does not work....i activated my thru lines again and will check in 9 hours time

Reading
Www.trentinogenealogy.com/tag/23andme

I get the same problems from the new ancestry admixture split
37% italian
34% french
Next irish

Last edited:
Ancestry is good for some things and not good for others. It is better for finding relatives, and records if you are willing to pay. It won't give you haplogroups, I know mine anyway from FTDNA and YFull. I was with 23andMe but after being stung by the FDA, 23andMe got very jingoistic, and anti anyone not in the USA. After I lost my medical and other information, I gave them the middle finger. I will never go back to that shoddy company.

I use Ancestry to confirm my genealogy tree. It is one thing to list your ancestors, but it is another to have them confirmed. "A wise child knows his own father". I have a 2nd cousin on my mother's side, he is American. I have confirmed relatives on my father's side as well. The downside is as a Maltese born person, I am related distantly to every Maltese person. Also I have my tree on Ancestry. I had it on a spreadsheet and it was getting too messy. Anyone on Ancestry can see your tree if you allow it. Another downside is most Ancestry customers do not have a tree or the tree is very basic, and they do nothing about it.

According to Ancestry I am 100% Malta, my 2nd cousin is 50% which stands to reason since his father was Maltese.

I just remembered, Ancestry has a program called ThruLines which predicts who your ancestors were using public and private trees in Ancestry. It works sometimes and other times it is way off the mark as they rely too much on the accuracy of these trees, and from my experience, quite a lot are wrong.

This thread has been viewed 15876 times.

Back