Iranic words in European languages.

in Anatolia we have 8 million kurds and 500.000 zaza we Anatolians hopes to they return their land

This post is off-topic.
And to add,Anatolia was inhabited by Thraco-Dacian people and Greek mostly,your Turkic kin came and did massive genocides against Thraco-Dacian (to which Kurds as it can be seen are related) and against Greeks and a part of them,who accepted to get Turkik ethnicity,assimilated.
Turkey continue with genocides against Kurdish people,which seems to be here from a lot of time before even Roman Empire conquered the area,not to mention Turkish people and did also a massive genocide against Armenians.

This post is off-topic.
Deleted. Many of his post come across loaded with segregation and racial superiority aspects. He is on a watch.

Haha,just found this one,is excelent!
Iranian/Farsi - dest - hand = romanian deget - finger
To understand this more clear,in Farsi you pronounce hand - dast while old Romanian form for deget was desht
The current form of deget was "adjusted" to be cognate with Latin Digitus,meh.
And to see,in Albanian finger is gisht - clear cognate with Romanian desht and Iranian dast.
EDIT:
Forgot to add gisht in Albanian also means hand,not only finger.
How about numerals and personal pronouns?
I'm finding a hard time finding Persian or Kurdish written in Latin or phonetic alphabet.

This post is off-topic.
And to add,Anatolia was inhabited by Thraco-Dacian people and Greek mostly,your Turkic kin came and did massive genocides against Thraco-Dacian (to which Kurds as it can be seen are related) and against Greeks and a part of them,who accepted to get Turkik ethnicity,assimilated.
Turkey continue with genocides against Kurdish people,which seems to be here from a lot of time before even Roman Empire conquered the area,not to mention Turkish people and did also a massive genocide against Armenians.
Don't take his posts serious alone the fact that he claims there are only 8.5 mio Kurds in Turkey while even the smallest reliable estimations do not fall under 14 mio.

let alone that he claims Turks are more native to this land (which is in fact not Anatolia but Mesopotamia and Transcaucasus) than Kurds, based on Ottoman/Seljuk beyliks which came at least 1-2 millennia after the first people ancestral to Kurds.

I'm finding a hard time finding Persian or Kurdish written in Latin or phonetic alphabet.

when it comes to numbers Kurdish penc/penj and Polish penj come to my mind.

I took that word from a Farsi course.Did not found cognates between Farsi numerals and Romanian,maybe there are cognates to Slavic or Albanian.
I just remembered because I had to deal with some Iranian people some word that could also be cognate to Romanian:
Romanian - urs (bear) - Farsi - hers (bear).
It is also cognate to Latin ursus for bear.

(...continue from #19)
Latin Cere-b-rum; > fr. Cer-veau; > hisp. Cere-bro; ital. Cer-vello; ~ "the brains, head, top etc.
And if we are dare enough, maybe we don't mind about the "Sar"-/"Kar"-/"Cer"/-"Cap" but we surely mind -"De-cap-itation"!
<Capital, (city, econ, letter,<the head, top, etc) Capitalism and another beautifull word "Capitulation!" ~ Compromise. ( i think its time to...)

I also listen from Albanians the word "Kari"; meaned the -"nuts"; -"the cherries"; -the balls; or the "head";of the snake?! But im sure it connected with the male pride we carry (car-ry???! -naahh.) everyday beetween our legs! http://cdn.eupedia.com/forum/images/smilies/main/laughing.gif (hope an albanian friend help us i dont own an albanian lexicon!)

Came to my mind when you mentioned "balls and nuts"

I do not believe its an Iranic loanword but English eg and the Kurdish word for it which is hêg do resemble each other.

Another one:

Romanian "barz" means "white-spotted".

So , we have a white-spotted animal(the stork), and a white-spotted tree(the birch).

In Farsi there is boland for high.

In Kurdish there is berêz and bilind for high or as polite form in a title, berêz is used as "your highness"

Last edited:
Another one:

Romanian "barz" means "white-spotted".

So , we have a white-spotted animal(the stork), and a white-spotted tree(the birch).
Bird called Bażant in polish.
bazant-kralovsky-07C423.jpg

"Latin Cere-b-rum; > fr. Cer-veau; > hisp. Cere-bro; ital. Cer-vello; ~ "the brains, head, top etc.
And if we are dare enough, maybe we don't mind about the "Sar"-/"Kar"-/"Cer"/-"Cap" but we surely mind -"De-cap-itation"!"

The Neuro Lingual root for this word is CRB (TSRB)or better said KRB, which included "Cerebelum" transmuted into HRB with addition of "T"; HRBTN or "KRBT"; it transmuted into Slavic as HRBTENITSA(spine), where HRBET (B-V betatism; "cer-vello,, cerebro..) is a "back"; RURS(US). Transliteration comes from ορεινός, hribovit (hrib; gora Slavic; giri गिरि Sanskrit; "hill"; holm Slovene, Slovak), hev-stan in persian کوهستانی
so something which is "curved" (krivo, curvus, courbé "hilly",...) and at the "top" (Hirn (head, brains) of something... kara, kira, gora, harna...

The Polish Bażant does not derive from "Romanian", but it is a Polish version of another slavic word, Fazan. (B - V - Pf - F betatism) or PHEASANT.

The Polish Bażant does not derive from "Romanian", but it is a Polish version of another slavic word, Fazan. (B - V - Pf - F betatism) or PHEASANT.
They both could have derived from same Indo-European base.

Romanian also got fazan,used for same bird,from where did you reached the conclusion this word is "Slavic"?

Persian numerals
NumeralTransliteration(Persian) فارسى
۰sefصفر0
۱yekیک1
۲doدو2
۳sehسه3
۴chahaarچهار4
۵panjپنج5
۶sheshشش6
۷haftهفت7
۸hashtهشت8
۹nohنه9
۱۰dahده10

Polish
1 – jeden
2 – dwa
3 – trzy
4 – cztery
5 – pięć
6 – sześć
7 – siedem
8 - osiem
9 – dziewięć
10 – dziesięć

I can see similarities in 1,4,5,6 and 2 starts with same letter

Lithuanian
1 – vienas
2 – du
3 – trys
4 – keturi
5 – penki
6 – šeši
7 – septyni
8 – aštuoni
9 – devyni
10 – dešimt

I have a booklet about current standardiranian (« persian »)-french (not iranic) : adaptedto phonologic english (proxi) :

1 = yek – 2 = do – 3 = sé – 4 =tchahâr – 5 = pandj –
6 = shish – 7 = haft – 8 = hasht –9 = noh – 10 = dah
20 = bist – 100 = sad – 1000 =hezar
& : 'e' : short [ay]without diphtong = /e/ not [ee] /i/

me : man my : am
thou : to thour (?) : at
he/she : u his/her : ash
we : mâ our : mân
you : shomâ your : tân

they : anhâ their : shân

it is just approximation...

They both could have derived from same Indo-European base.

You are right and Verdun too on thiscase :

I-E *bh- gave ph- ingreek, f- in latin, b-in celtic, germanic and slavic,in the most of the cases
namesas bazan seem moreauthentic in slavic languages, fazan seemsa more recent loanword-
greek :phasianos >> latinphasianus >> frenchfaisan – all theway direct IE to latine would have given something like fasianus-

This thread has been viewed 65613 times.

Back