J. Robert Oppenheimer belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup Q1b

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I was compiling a list of common Ashkenazi Jewish surnames and their dominant Y-haplogroups when I found the Oppenheimer DNA Project. The original Oppenheimer family from the Rhineland-Palatinate appears to have belonged to Q1b. I verified the genealogy of the American theoretical physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer (of the Manhattan Project) and he is descended from Juda Löb Oppenheim from Worms. There are five project members belonging to Q1b, including two that claim descend from Juda Löb Oppenheim from Worms. So unless the genealogy is mistaken or a recent non-paternity event happened, we can assume that the father of the atomic bomb belonged to Q1b.

240px-JROppenheimer-LosAlamos.jpg

Isn't Q1b the subclade which is pretty common among Iranic speakers?

Isn't Q1b the subclade which is pretty common among Iranic speakers?

Q1b is the branch that expanded from Central Asia to Iran and the Near East during the Bronze Age IE migrations. It was a minor Mongoloid lineage picked up by R1a Indo-Iranian tribes and is now found at low frequencies everywhere in the Middle East where R1a is present. Q1b is found in 2-3% in Jews and other Levantines.

Q1b is the branch that expanded from Central Asia to Iran and the Near East during the Bronze Age IE migrations. It was a minor Mongoloid lineage picked up by R1a Indo-Iranian tribes and is now found at low frequencies everywhere in the Middle East where R1a is present. Q1b is found in 2-3% in Jews and other Levantines.

What do you think about the theory that Ashkenazi Jews are descend of the Western Parthians. Ashkan was the selve designation of the Parthians.

This thread has been viewed 44003 times.

Back