Free and independent Kurdistan is coming soon.

If not mistaken first bombing of ISIS's posts (+ food supplies) where reported yesterday according to CNN. (or is it the time differnce?) :) I think today they got the first footage.
Last night BBC only mentioned food drops for Yazigi and some christian groups. Iraqi government is not in position to win against ISIS, so I thought that US will need to act now. I think they will shield Kurdistan from any heavy military action of ISIS. I wonder if EU will help too. There was a heavy manifestation of Kurds in Germany today to ramp up the support.

PS. I thought I've seen Alan interviewed by BBC during manifestation. ;)

Wether Turkey or Iran like it or notl. An Independent Kurdistan is inevantable.

I don't understand how people cannot understand that a Kurdish state is a far-fetched possibility. This would threaten the territorial integrity of a U.S. ally and a NATO member,namely, Turkey .
It will also be a threat to Iran(Russia's ally), not to mention that we live in a post-WWII world where it is almost impossible to create a new state especially in the Middle East.

The Ukrainian incident set a precedent in territorial integrity and sovereignty. The US and world powers will not allow the disintegration of Iraq into 3 separate independent regions. The US will send drones and military support (money and weapons) to fight off Sunni insurgents and protect Baghdad. It's going to turn into another bloody conflict. The Sunni insurgents are viewed like terrorists, and wont be treated like a civil war.

When and If your superpowers send money and weapons, IS already has 300 000 000 E, enough to buy even a fleet, or nuclear bomb,

I hope Kurds will not play the old game, as mercenairies and divided to many warlords, that can create a frontier, until the situation be under a plan,
the spasmodic acts of Obama bombing IS is nothing,

I think the whole case is connected somehow with Ukraine, call it a feeling, or black move, white's turn in chess game,
Even the entrance of israel in Gaza these days to secure the underneath passages (tunnels) is connected,
Something big is about to happened there,
300 000 000 E are a lot of money in hands of Foundamentalists

Wether Turkey or Iran like it or notl. An Independent Kurdistan is inevantable.

I am for Kurdish independence, even though I think Kurds have not tried enough to get it. (I might be wrong, but this is my opinion),.
The problem is if the American friends are in mood to give you independence.
Without their support it remains a beautiful dream.

I don't understand how people cannot understand that a Kurdish state is a far-fetched possibility. This would threaten the territorial integrity of a U.S. ally and a NATO member,namely, Turkey .
It will also be a threat to Iran(Russia's ally), not to mention that we live in a post-WWII world where it is almost impossible to create a new state especially in the Middle East.

You dont seem to understand or have not much knowledge about this subject.Turkey just recently gave it's support to a Kurdish state.

June 30, 2014

ANKARA,— Turkey's Justice and Development Party (AK Party) Deputy Chairman Hüseyin Çelik has indicated that Turkey will recognize a Kurdish state in northern Iraq if the crisis-stricken country is divided, the Financial Times reported on Saturday.

“If Iraq is divided and it is inevitable, [the Kurdish Regional Government (KRG)] are our brothers. … Unfortunately, the situation in Iraq is not good and it looks like it is going to be divided,” Çelik said in his remarks to the Financial Times.

He also reportedly said that although an independent Kurdish state was previously a reason for war for Turkey, no one has the right to say so now.

You dont seem to understand or have not much knowledge about this subject.Turkey just recently gave it's support to a Kurdish state.

Turkey has its own big problems now, and elections, in turkey kemalists Army and Islamic politicians etc have different opinions,
they have the 2nd biggest army in Nato, their politics is always a spell, a puzzle.
Although its a sign, as some reformations that have been done about Kurdish language last decades,
yet believe me will not allow a huge and modern army to be build next to her,

Last edited:
I see the stars lining up for Kurdistan.

Well, there is a difference between an official statement and a random political party statement.

A Kurdish state would be a bothersome issue for Turkey because its Kurdish population would do anything to join the newly formed,oil-rich, Kurdistan.

Well, there is a difference between an official statement and a random political party statement.

A Kurdish state would be a bothersome issue for Turkey because its Kurdish population would do anything to join the newly formed,oil-rich, Kurdistan.

The statement came from the official Turkish foreign minister who belongs to the ruling Party. And similar statements came from other high positions. Even if Turkey didn't accept in the long run they wouldn't be able to halt this. So it is better in Turkish interests to accept and have economic ties, instead of stubbornly stand in the way.

The statement came from the official Turkish foreign minister who belongs to the ruling Party. And similar statements came from other high positions. Even if Turkey didn't accept in the long run they wouldn't be able to halt this. So it is better in Turkish interests to accept and have economic ties, instead of stubbornly stand in the way.
Exactly. I think Turkey is more tolerant to Kurds these days. There is even candidate in recent presidential election in Turkey of Kurdish ethnicity!

Referendum is coming soon.

There was an amazing news today. Kurds could seize the moment and create their own country on a spot with one decree of government or military order. There is no one in position to go against their will at the moment especially when they are allies with US and European Union (french diplomats just arrived in Arbil). But listen to this, the Kurdish government, chose to go with referendum and let people decide if they want an independent country. I'm sure it will be the landslide victory for independent Kurdistan, but how righteous of Kurds to ask the question to the public, even though there was not much need.
I have a feeling that referendum is more about setting the Kurdistan borders with Iraq, than if there should be Kurdistan. Wherever majority of Kurds live their land will be included in new country.
I'm sure they will ask for international observers to make the process valid and transparent by international standards.

Finally Obama will send serious military weapons to Kurdistan directly. So far Kurds are fighting with AK-47, because 200 million dollar worth of military equipment never left Baghdad. It is most likely lining up pockets of Maliki and his cronies.

I think a little delay in Free Kurdistan is about to happen. Iraq forces, got brave and got their act together sheltered by US Air Force, are pushing forward and are in numbers around Kurdistan. As long as they show some vitality as a organized nation US won't support Kurds in their quest for independence. From US perspective on united and strong Iraq is a better equalizer and opposition to Iran and Islamic fanatics in the area.
As "noble" goal as it seams, it is unwise pushing this agenda any longer in my opinion. Iraq in old borders is pretty much unsustainable and finished forever. Besides, Shia part of Iraq is already strongly pro Iranian, to the degree that Iran is allowed to pump Iraq's oil.
Anyway Kurds will not get strong support of US in creation of Kurdistan, and Kurds might elect to wait for a better moment in the future. For example when corruption will bring Iraq down some more or Shiats ruling the country decide to go with theocracy instead of democracy. However when Kurds strongly will proceed with referendum about independence US will not react much.

I think a little delay in Free Kurdistan is about to happen. Iraq forces, got brave and got their act together sheltered by US Air Force, are pushing forward and are in numbers around Kurdistan..

Thats not really true. Let me honest with you. Despite the current news "Kurdish forces and Iraqi Army" liberating the Mosul Dam, it was nothing more than Kurdish forces doing it. It's basically your usual Media agenda of trying to show a non existing "unity" between Peshmerga and Iraqi Army.

Let me tell you why. Those "Iraqi forces" who allegedly fought side by side with Peshmerga by taking back tha dam are actually the Golden Brigade which is a Kurdish-Arab mixed division of the Iraqi Army led by the Kurdish General Fazil Berwari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyp_Xv3KivA

With other words the only still functioning Iraqi Division is Kurdish.

The Iraqi Army is busy with trying to retake Tikrit which they failed to gain control of. It's kind of a shame that the Iraqi Army is getting some fame for the work of the Peshmerga just to "praise" some non existing unity in Iraq.

In non of the fights in the North has the Iraqi Army played any role. From the liberation of Sinjar to the liberation of Mosul Dam. In fact the Kurdish forces of Syria and the PKK have played a bigger role than the Iraqi Army.

But I agree Independence currently probably won't happen but everything speaks for an Confederation. I hope the new Iraqi government won't be that bad as the former.

I think a little delay in Free Kurdistan is about to happen. Iraq forces, got brave and got their act together sheltered by US Air Force, are pushing forward and are in numbers around Kurdistan. As long as they show some vitality as a organized nation US won't support Kurds in their quest for independence. From US perspective on united and strong Iraq is a better equalizer and opposition to Iran and Islamic fanatics in the area.
As "noble" goal as it seams, it is unwise pushing this agenda any longer in my opinion. Iraq in old borders is pretty much unsustainable and finished forever. Besides, Shia part of Iraq is already strongly pro Iranian, to the degree that Iran is allowed to pump Iraq's oil.
Anyway Kurds will not get strong support of US in creation of Kurdistan, and Kurds might elect to wait for a better moment in the future. For example when corruption will bring Iraq down some more or Shiats ruling the country decide to go with theocracy instead of democracy. However when Kurds strongly will proceed with referendum about independence US will not react much.

USA are most likely falsely promising a Kurdish nation to the Kurds so they can get the Kurds to fight against these IsIs .

A promise from the USA in regards to this matter is utterly useless, do you actually think , turkey, syria, irag and iran will give up any land for a kurdish nation!............what are some of you people taking!

USA are most likely falsely promising a Kurdish nation to the Kurds so they can get the Kurds to fight against these IsIs .

A promise from the USA in regards to this matter is utterly useless, do you actually think , turkey, syria, irag and iran will give up any land for a kurdish nation!............what are some of you people taking!

Iraq nor Syria have any power to say a word anymore. Turkish and Iranian Kurdistan wasn't even on the debate. We are merely talking here about Iraqi Kurdistan. We do not trust on promises of anyone we are taking our own steps. If their is one thing we have learned from our history it is not to rely too much on other countries.

Iraq nor Syria have any power to say a word anymore. Turkish and Iranian Kurdistan wasn't even on the debate. We are merely talking here about Iraqi Kurdistan. We do not trust on promises of anyone we are taking our own steps. If their is one thing we have learned from our history it is not to rely too much on other countries.

Iraq is an internationally recognized state. As such living Iraq is not easy unless you are supported by other countries. We are not saying Kurdistan does not deserve independence. The problem is the minute you proclaim your state you have to be recognized by major word countries. There is not such a movement right now. The major power who can guarantee it is USA. Then the border becomes an issue. There will be fight over the border. I don't see any push for Kurdish independence. Turkey has a big say since it is a Nato member.
Myself I am a supporter of Kurdish state.

USA is supporting united Iraq more than free Kurdistan.
As Alan mentioned Syria and Iraq are failed states and have much bigger problems to address at the moment. In current form don't have enough arm forces to engage in long fight with Kruds. We are talking now basically about only part of Iraq becoming Kurdistan. Parts of Iran or Turkey wouldn't be affected. In this case there is no reason for Iran or Turkey to cross borders to other country to fight Kurds.

It is very important, not to lose too much blood when struggle is impossible. It is much easier to wait for the right moment to get your freedom. Like right now when Syria and Iraq is in shambles. There will be a good time in the future to increase Kurdistan when some revolution sweeps through Iran and current theocracy will fall. And hopefully in couple of decades Turkey will be more democratic and libertarian and will allow referendum among their Kurdish population to split. Who knows?

This thread has been viewed 637632 times.

Back